What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on 2017/2018

Vic Mackey

Referee
Or perhaps e. Billionaires didn’t get rich by wasting money and he likes the publicity of saying he would support us if he could be he just can’t because of reasons. Excatly the same with Twiggy and the force over here

Agree

I’ve always been very skeptical of Harry’s supposed Support of our club. He says he isn’t allowed to do TPAs due to his prior sponsorship but there’s Plenty of other ways he could help out. Apparently our gym is the worst one in the game, how’s about he builds us a new one? The blokes the second richest person in the country FFS

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Or perhaps e. Billionaires didn’t get rich by wasting money and he likes the publicity of saying he would support us if he could be he just can’t because of reasons.
Exactly - if he wants to support the club but isn't allowed to do TPA, why not go back to being a sponsor?

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Harry can pay TPA's and I reckon he chooses not too. That might change over time but I can't see how he can't and the Rorters manage to rort left, right and centre.

Shredder

Juniors
Honestly, the reality of rugby league is that if Harry really wanted to, he would find a way.

He obviously doesn't want to, which is fine. You dont become a billionaire by spending money on footy clubs.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Just reading the new NRL site and the list of injuries each club has. They have us with McQueen progressing OK with his neck but Suli and Liddle listed as indefinite with their injuries...WTF!!!

I was hoping both would be ready for the start of the season with a really good pre-season under their belt. I don't know how accurate the info is so does anyone have any updates on these two?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Just reading the new NRL site and the list of injuries each club has. They have us with McQueen progressing OK with his neck but Suli and Liddle listed as indefinite with their injuries...WTF!!!

I was hoping both would be ready for the start of the season with a really good pre-season under their belt. I don't know how accurate the info is so does anyone have any updates on these two?

I'm not that surprised by this, McQueen's surgery was a while back so you would think that he is on his way to full recovery by the time the real Pre-Season flogging begins. Liddle was much more recent so again, not surprised if he isn't fully ready to go when post-christmas training begins.

Suli though is a worry. He is extremely injury prone so I hope we don't have another Moltzen situation. Given that he is so young though, I hope we just take our time with him and get him at 100% before we bring him back into FG. Even if he has to play a couple of games in reggies.

Clifferd

Coach
seriously remember our medical staff saying when it happened it was only a 1-2 week injury now it’s prsctically been 3 months and still not much sign of improvement. Amateurish approach this club has towards conditioning never ceases to amaze

Milne/Marsters centre combo to start the season ain’t bad but it’s a shame for Suli as I think he was starting to show a lot of promise

Vic Mackey

Referee
From what I’ve read the McQueen surgery nearly always brings the neck back to 100%. I think people just heard neck and feared the worst.

Liddle has a shoulder reco yet despite doing it about 6 weeks prior to the end of the season didn’t have the surgery til the off season. I think he’ll be touch and go for round 1. Considering that you’d just give the 9 to McIllwrick who is capable enough.

The Suli one is weird and frustrating. As Cliff says it seemed very innocuous and the club said a few times he might be me back next week, then he misses the last 8 weeks and is still recovering despite not needing surgery. He did the injury on 2nd July which was over 5 months ago! Mansour came back from a knee reco in 6 months and we can’t even get a sprained ankle right in that time FFS

macnaz

Staff member
Apparently Suli has been doing lite training at this stage.. but 5 months is a worry and makes me think of TNT with his ankle injury :(

macnaz

Staff member
O Dwyer was going to be something special , we could do with a guy like him now.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Apparently Suli has been doing lite training at this stage.. but 5 months is a worry and makes me think of TNT with his ankle injury :(

its just so weird when there was no surgery required. unless he completely ignored all advice from the physio im sturggling to understand why its become such an issue

Vic Mackey

Referee

So Suli just put a pic of himself up on Instagram getting surgery. You seriously can’t make this shit up

BrotherJim05

Bench
We need to fill our 30th spot with a centre ASAP. Marsters and Miline are both right centres, even so these are literally the only two centres we have if Suli is constantly injured.