Thoughts on 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by super_coach, Sep 5, 2017.

1. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Thought the review was from Man On The Hill when I first read the title. Pity it isn't , I miss his pearls of wisdom.

macnaz and Vic Mackey like this.
  2. StadiumXIII

StadiumXIII Juniors

Not too impressed with the signings for next year.. Ben Matulino and Russell Packer should form an interesting partnership in the front row, will be interesting to see what they do with Reynolds maybe play him at hooker starting 17 could be.
    1.Lolohea
    2.Naiqama
    3.Suli
    4.Fonua/Chee Kam
    5.Nofoaluma
    6.Marshall
    7.Brooks
    8.Packer
    9.Reynolds
    10.Matulino
    11.Masters
    12.McQueen
    13.Taylor
    14.Aloai
    15.Twal
    16.Eisenhuth
    17.Sue

3. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Can we please ban the next poster that has Reynolds as a starting 9 next year?

4. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly Juniors

For fear of being banned I won't suggest Reynolds as hooker but ever since I first heard it mentioned it has got me thinking. He is a classic organizer and isn't that what a number 9 is? ( I feel like I'm skating on thin ice saying that.)

I better change the subject before I'm thrown out.

I'm tipping Gamble at halfback around mid season.

5. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

We desperately need someone like Gamble to shine & take ownership of the halfback position coz Brooks isn't capable & belongs in state cup.Hence no other team has a void for a classy player like Moylan who can play in a no. of positions in the spine than us !

6. Tiger05

Tiger05 Bench

Brooks might turn into that key playmaker but truthfully I think our best half on our roster for next season is Benji.

7. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

I get why people are saying it. But we haven't spent $700-$800kpa to play a guy in a position he hasn't played for 7 years

8. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

I agree only if Benji steers clear of the palace hotel Mortlake & devotes himself to making season '18 a dignified Swansong @ tigertown.However my strong hunch is he will succumb to the temptations on offer re old habits & will revert to the lazy useless Benji of his final 2 yrs('12 & '13) with us !!

9. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

Agree. This whole Reynolds to Hooker nonsense needs to stop. He has been signed to play 5/8. He's played his entire first grade career as 5/8, won a State of Origin series and played in two Grand Finals in this position. He may be erratic at times but having an experienced half will do wonders for Brooks.

Maybe if injuries call for it then he could be moved to hooker but it is a massive gamble and one that should only be considered if we desperately need it.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  10. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Juniors

Let's call it - The Sheens Legacy.

11. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Agreed we have MM and Liddle and I'm sure Reynolds would only need to play hooker for a game or two until we could sign another hooker as cover. It's not like we could grab someone from Q cup etc for a hell of lot less than the 800k we are paying Reynolds to play in the halves.