What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thousand Guineas

Nuffs

Bench
thought i'd just open this to get everyones thoughts on this race

i see sydney dominating with only rewaaya the danger

i'm tipping big runs from carry on cutie and sydney owner. was shocked to see them both at $15. obviously the sydney form has impressed most people

sydney owner will be the one to watch for me with good form behind mnemosyne and fashions afield.

mnemosyne and rewaaya are the class horses in the race and can't be thrown away. mnemosyne has all the runs on the board, and rewaaya was the biggest 3yo hype horse in ther country before GOD'S OWN. they'll be right there at the finish

Moffo

Referee
I like fashions and will stick with it

Mnemosyne is class though. For mine it'll be those two fighting it out

Rewaaya is good, but hmm yeh, a bit hard to line the form up

Moffo

Referee
bugger id hope it was. I actually picked it in the cox a few months ago, pity it didn't run so well early in the campaign

perhaps it has mate. that for mine hands the race to mnemosyne if it can handle the track

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Mnenosyne will be very hard to beat in the race. Ill be standing her out in Trifectas and first fours from Carry on Cutie, Doubting,Serenade Rose, Beauty Watch, Rewaaya, Cayambe, Sydney Owner and Mary Marvel. Howvever, to cover myself will box the horse with Beauty Watch, Serenade Rose, Rewaaya and Sydney Owner who should be suited to the track. Good race and cant wait to the meeting

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Anyone looking at a bit of value for the meeting should look at Forest Spy in Race 6. Danny O'Brian is a very underated trainer who has a knack for moving horses through the grades with ease. A few examples of this are Porto Roca, Glamour Puss and Demerger. Steven King is in the saddle, has drawn barrier 2 and can hadle a wet track

Macca_

Coach
Danger... So many boom Sydney fillies have gone south and flopped big time. Dunno what it is... I havent' had a good look at the race yet. The Sydney 3 year olds look to be far superior, fillies and colts. But I'm always wary with the fillies at this time of year.

Nuffs

Bench
magical miss (2001) is the only NSW horse to win it in 10 years or so. but this year is a bumper year for the sydney 3yo's

Macca_

Coach
I agree nuffs, but there has been plenty go down there that have the big wraps on them like this years bunch. I need to have a look at it all still :D. Doubting at this stage for me...

Nuffs

Bench
victory vein springs to mind for me. was the same as mnemosyne. won 3 out of 4 princess series races. wide barrier. short price. not likely to win.

mnemosyne has a better barrier but i'm not convinced. i always thought the mile would be her go. especially at randiwck. and she failed. she wont get my money this time

Macca_

Coach
Having a closer look over lunch. Looking for something stepping up to 1600m and perhaps aimed at this race. Drawn well and something that will sit just off the pace. Especially if track bias is in. So Doubting at first glance, but will have a closer look.

Few of these that ran over 1600m last start, may be looking for more and on the Oaks trail. Beauty Watch for sure.

Macca_

Coach
Ok my numbers in order -

3 - Doubting $7.50 (bugger was 8's this morn)
4 - Serenade Rose $15
1 - Mnemosyne $4.80
6 - Cayambe $17
7 - Beauty Watch $5.50

Moffo

Referee
carry on cutie is a good chance, but even down in Melb, im going to stick with the form horse (Mnemo)

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Tim Brasher said:
Mnenosyne will be very hard to beat in the race. Ill be standing her out in Trifectas and first fours from Carry on Cutie, Doubting,Serenade Rose, Beauty Watch, Rewaaya, Cayambe, Sydney Owner and Mary Marvel. Howvever, to cover myself will box the horse with Beauty Watch, Serenade Rose, Rewaaya and Sydney Owner who should be suited to the track. Good race and cant wait to the meeting

I cant complain I got the Trifecta for 180%, i Missed the First 4 though... Had a good day overall, Out of three races I won on 2..Backed Matras to Win and got the Tri...Forest Spy was a dud call and let me down. A good start to the week but all the money I won today will prolly be lost on the cup

Nuffs

Bench
i'm spewing!!!
was at warwick farm yesterday and was loving the $5.50 but couldn't get my head around the sydney jinx. so i backed another sydney horse - sydney owner.

couldn't believe the run. 10/10 from beadman.

send her for a spell and i'll back her in the doncaster

Moffo

Referee
thats a shocker mate, if i was near a tab i would've had a major go at it

not happy (still) janice!

Latest posts