What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three Game Friday

Hawkins

Juniors
They must think we will all be down at the supermarket stocking up like some Doomsday Prepper because the Supermarkets will be closed for one whole day. .

Wait what I only have toilet paper and water in the house. f**k what time does Coles close?

Vozzy

Juniors
I was so disappointed when I turned the tv on and saw that abomination of a footy show.

Pedge1971

First Grade
images

images

"On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures".

Rise on your angel wings JC, I mean JT!!!

And in that darkest hour the great Queensderp avenger is born.......

2017-04-13-19-29-34--262042675.jpg

undertaker

Coach
I think 3 games Friday is a bit of over-kill and can't understand scrapping Thursday night when a public holiday Friday finally rolls around.

Not as bad as in 2015 when 5 back-to-back games were played on Anzac Day from midday to 10pm. That was a flop, especially ditching the Storm/Warriors game.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but it's also a disgrace that there is only one Sunday game this round and also next week. IMO, this week, either the Friday 6pm or Saturday 3pm game should've been moved to Sunday 2pm. Knights vs Roosters or Sea Eagles vs Storm. I'm sure the home fans of those teams would've preferred to have attended on Sunday.

Next week, because of the situation with 3 games at ANZ Stadium, Cronulla vs Gold Coast should've moved to Sunday 2pm, with Eels vs Penrith on Saturday moved back to 5:30pm and Cowboys vs Knights at 7:30pm. Or, another alternative is the NRL could've taken a gamble and had an Eels/Panthers and Tigers/Bulldogs double-header on the Sunday.

With the already lack of Sunday games as there is in the NRL season, an extra Sunday game could've been added for those public holiday rounds (Easter, Anzac, Queen's Birthday)

Last edited: