What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thursday night games to return in 2018 despite underwhelming crowd figures in Sydney

hahahaha

hahahaha
Ive been talking shit ?

this coming from the biggest sack of horse shit on these forums
You make PR look like a reasonable quietly spoken chap with neutral views on all topics
you are a sad
bitter
twisted
nuffie , who knows nothing about anything & contributes nothing but vitriol , & unbased , unresearched , uninformed criticism of the NRL & ARLC

now I asked you this once before
did you apply for a job with either of the above & get laughed at ?
me thinks you most certainly did ! : )
So back-peddling then. Made to look like a tard who can't read and doesn't know the difference between simple homophones and goes on a rant to try and cover for it. You could win the Tour de France backwards.

Last Week

Bench
I said it because any merkin knew it would happen.

The fact you didn't just means you're not real bright. And just like all the other circle jerkers you've been shown up as having no f**king idea. All that wanking over the commission and now the whole world knows how f**king useless they are.

Feel like a twat? You should. Being so wrong for so long is pretty embarrassing. Saying those that were right all along were only right because they got all the pesky facts right is even more so. And saying "they can"t get everything right" as if they get anything right is just pitiful. If only all of the facts were completely the opposite you and the other circlers would be right. Hahahahahahahaha.

Stop pretending like you knew it would pan out this way. You didn't. You just assumed because of previous administrations.

Why would I feel like a twat? For giving a brand new, untested administration a chance?

Don't you have anything else to whinge about?

Stop pretending like you knew it would pan out this way. You didn't. You just assumed because of previous administrations.

Why would I feel like a twat? For giving a brand new, untested administration a chance?

Don't you have anything else to whinge about?
Who was right?

Imagine blindly supporting these f**kwits for years and still showing up thinking you have any credibility. It's like Raiderdave commenting on literacy.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Who was right?

Imagine blindly supporting these f**kwits for years and still showing up thinking you have any credibility. It's like Raiderdave commenting on literacy.

yep

this utter f**kwit got knocked back for a job at either the NRL or ARLC
either that or he found his missus in bed with one of their heirarchy hahahahaha
can't blame her of course
she needed an operation to have her ears sown up after jamming sissors in them was deemed too dangerous : )

mongoose

Coach
First paragraph, how could you? Remind me of his achievements.

Second paragraph, Nein has always used RL as a cash cow rather than being a genuine partner looking to grow the game for mutual benefit. I remember thinking in mid-90s when RL and Awful were neck-and-neck and Nein led 7 comfortably how good 7 were working with their game because they could see how it could benefit them. Nein never got that and wallowed in their complacency leading to today where 7 lead Nein comfortably and their game shits on ours on just about every measure. And don't even start me on F*x.

Seven West media's share price has tanked to ridiculously low levels since 2007, wonder if its anything to do with overpaying for fumbleball...

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Seven West media's share price has tanked to ridiculously low levels since 2007, wonder if its anything to do with overpaying for fumbleball...

Tanked? Hardly. Over the last five years the share prices of the main three networks have been:

Seven: up 68%
Nine: down 31%
Ten: down the gurgler

All networks facing issues with declining advertising revenues, and not isolated to sports coverage.

Source: Marketindex.com.au

azza29

Juniors
Thursday nights are terrible unless there's a public holiday the following day, but if the kickoff was 7pm or 7:30pm it might be more friendly to those of us who actually attend games.

Friday 6pm needs to be reserved for Warriors home games, really no other way this timeslot can attract decent crowds.

The regularity of sub-10k crowds this year is appalling, and 80% of them could have been avoided with better scheduling.

Perth Red

Post Whore
TBF to Smith everyone was saying how sht Monday nights were and a Thursday would be much better as it starts the weekend earlier. How was he to know that RL fans don't go out on Thursday nights either? lol. Friday 6pm you can lay squarely at the feet of Grant.

That high of 16,400 in 2012 looks a long way off! (Despite Monday nights we had then and didn't seem as catastrophic as now)

Angry_eel

First Grade
Friday 6PM was meant to be the "pub" game, is it not? Clearly, whoever signed up for this didn't have the game's best interests in place.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Friday 6PM was meant to be the "pub" game, is it not? Clearly, whoever signed up for this didn't have the game's best interests in place.

They were so desperate to get close to the AFL deal they would have accepted nearly anything to get the $'s from Fox.

mongoose

Coach
Tanked? Hardly. Over the last five years the share prices of the main three networks have been:

Seven: up 68%
Nine: down 31%
Ten: down the gurgler

All networks facing issues with declining advertising revenues, and not isolated to sports coverage.

Source: Marketindex.com.au

huh?
it's 69 cents, down from $16 ten years ago!! even 5 years ago it was $2.50

Fox Sports "insisted" on it in their TV rights bid. Messrs Grant and co accepted the bid after being panicked by Uncle Rupert.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
huh?
it's 69 cents, down from $16 ten years ago!! even 5 years ago it was $2.50
I must be looking at a different stock then, Seven Group Holdings, my bad.

Strange that the Ten network gets all the coverage for falling in a hole, that seems to have escaped Seven.

AJB1102

First Grade
Fox only wanted 6pm so that subsribers stay on their channel rather than switch to 9 at 8pm

I'm not arguing your point, they obviously had a business reasoning behind wanting the 6PM Friday match, but who'd fork out for Fox Sports, to then watch sports on FTA?

Teddyboy

First Grade
If the NRL don't start thinking for the fans then i don't know what the future holds.

Stallion

First Grade
Attendance at games scheduled for a 6.00 pm (AEST) kick-off in 2017 -

Round 1: Bulldogs v Storm at Belmore Oval - 8,712.
Round 2: Warriors v Storm at Mt Smart Stadium - 9,811.
Round 3: Bulldogs v Warriors at Forsyth Barr Stadiun, Otago - 10,238.
Round 4: Penrith v Newcastle at Peppers Stadium - 10,567.
Round 5: Roosters v Manly at Allianz Stadium - 12,376.
Round 6: Newcastle v Canterbury at McDonald Jones Stadium - 16,929.
Round 7: Newcastle v Roosters at McDonald Jones Stadium - 21,412 (this was also Good Friday).
Round 8: Raiders v Manly at GIO Stadium - 15,976.
Round 9: Souths v Manly at Allianz Stadium - 10,594.
Round 10: Dragons v Sharks at Jubilee Oval - 15.927.
Round 11: Warriors v Dragons at FMG Stadium, Waikato - 11,108.
Round 12: (No game scheduled)
Round 13: Storm v Newcastle at AAMI Park - 9.489.
Round 14: Manly v Newcastle at Lottoland - 4,189.
Round 15 - (No game scheduled)
Round 16 - Warriors v Bulldogs at Mt Smart Stadium - 13,476.
Round 17 - Gold Coast v Dragons at Cbus Super Stadium - 13,140.
Round 18 - (No game scheduled)
Round 19 - Warriors v Panthers at Mt Smart Stadium - 13,067.
Round 20 - Roosters v Newcastle at Allianz Stadium - 7,121.
Round 21 - Warriors v Sharks at Mt Smart Stadium - 9,771.
Round 22 - Dragons v Souths at the SCG - 12,312.
Round 23 - Eels v Knights at ANZ Stadium - 13,141.
Round 24 - Souths v Warriors at ANZ Stadium - 6,213.
Round 25 - Raiders v Newcastle at GIO Stadium - 10,523.
Round 26 - (No game scheduled).

Hope the above is of some assistance.

The Knights v Roosters game was not on GOOD FRIDAY.