What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers at kogarah

blacksafake

First Grade
This game will tell me a lot with regards how deep we go in the finals. What Mary lacks in coaching skills, has been countered so far this season by moments of individual brilliance, virtually no injuries and a tight nit group of guys playing for each other and for Origin jerseys.

In the weeks leading up to Origin selection before game 1, JDB was very vocal about being ready for origin and he was ripping in while playing busted so as Freddy had no cause not to select him. In an interview with Vaughan at the same time, he commented how he really did extras in the pre-season as he was totally motivated to do all he could to get the call up for Origin. Even McInnes was talking up his Origin hopes and saying he was ready.

Sure, everyone wants to play Origin and wants to put themselves out there, i get that, but i wonder just how much effort and focus during the first half of the season for quite a few of the boys, was heavily directed towards getting an Origin gig? My concern is, with Origin over, is there going to be a "coming down" from the mental high our Origin boys have been on over the last 6 weeks and with that, does physical and mental fatigue start to really bite hard?

I'm not suggesting any of the boys will just take it easy and see Origin as "mission accomplished" for the season, that's not in the DNA of this group, but i do have real concerns about just how much Origin will have taken out of them for different reasons and question if they have the experience and support to manage them through the back end of the season appropriately.

I remain optimistic, but I do have some real concerns. I just hope they can towel the Tigers up and make me look like a dick head for even mentioning such a possibility. Go Boys!
Some very interesting points there Dragons 09. I’m confident they’ll be ok because of their DNA & Freddy has stated on numerous occasions that it is important as well as expected that origin players go back to their clubs & reward their teammates for helping them get picked in the first place.

Smack

Coach
We should be fine, close to full strength. Mastercoach Mary has a decision to make in dropping nighty, it needs to be done.

Mark D

Juniors
A win and a good win is a must... I don’t want to see the tigers score more then two tries as we must rebuild our defence which was bloody horrible against Melbourne... We have a favourable run home with the Roosters and Warriors probably presenting our biggest challenges... A strong showing lays the platform for that all important momentum leading into the finals.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Cant find match day info on or web site. Does anybody know if there are any lower grades on before hand?

EDIT: We're playing Wenty @1:45 before hand.

Latest posts