What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

boonboon

Juniors
Yeah. I suppose the reality was it was always going to be that way. Naiqama's contract was just extended, so they're happy with him, and the pain of this dismal 'learning' season for Moses would mean a starting squad spot too for him.

So our starting backline for 2016?

Tedesco, Naigams, Hoeter, Simona, Nufalamona, Moses & Brooks with Lawrence moving to backrow forwards.

I think our backline will look more like
FB-Tedesco
RW - Naiquama / Nofoaluma
RC- Idris / Nofoaluma
LC - Simona
LW - Tupou
FE- Moses
HB - Brooks

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Teddy
2. Nofo
3. Simona
4. Seve
5. Naquima

I'm pretty sure that will be our backline next year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tupou?
Idris?

The club has said it won't be buying players next year.

Gotta make do with what we have

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know its only The Mole, but today he has written a piece on the RLW sjte suggesting Te Maire Martin is being targetted by Manly and Penrith. Theres no mention of the Tigers trying to retain him.

The Tigers won't retain him. They'll offer minimum contract and that's it.

I hear Penriff are chasing him aggressively. Manly would make more sense as a long term move though.

Moses has shown nothing to suggest he is capable of fulfilling a NRL career,if anything he is a poor man's Tim Moltzen,who as we know never quite lived up to expectations.
TMM couldn't be any worse than MM,but one thing you can be sure of is that the WT will keep the dud and release the star.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Martin also has the potential to be a capable centre too.

That makes him much more valuable than Moses

mxlegend99

Referee
How does TMM stack up against Moses at the same point in his career? So many halves are rated as future superstars in the Under 20s and never go on to live up to the hype. Probably the worst position for players delivering on their potential.

If Manly are after him they will get him. Wonder if Barrett is only after him because the Panthers are?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
WT are absolutely hopeless at player retention. Pretty safe to say Martin will go. Why stay when it is obviously clear that Moses has a stranglehold on the 5/8 position, no matter how he plays or what other options the club may have?

I hope he stays but understand totally if he goes elsewhere.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Martin is a ball running five-eighth.

Unlike Moses

That's the sort of five-eighth you need to be in the modern game

mxlegend99

Referee
Well the only reason I could see him choosing Panthers for a career is that it's a short wait for one or both halves to retire and he can learn from a couple of halves with a lot of experience while he waits.

Never seen him play though. Or if I did I didn't pay much attention to him. I wonder if the play is for Moylan and TMM to be the successors to Soward and Wallace.

How the hell did you muppets let TMM go? Jesus.

Having said that, not convinced a move to the Panthers is his best shot at a short term (1 - 2 years) starting halves spot.

Titans would of been better.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
How the hell did you muppets let TMM go? Jesus.

Having said that, not convinced a move to the Panthers is his best shot at a short term (1 - 2 years) starting halves spot.

Titans would of been better.
The same way we let umpteen other quality players go.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well he's been stuck behind DCE, so hasn't had a chance to prove himself.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Small rumour that Hino might return to see out his career at the Tigers.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
some mug punter mentioned on twitter that Tony Williams and Des have had a falling out and WIlliams may come to the Tigers.

I laughed. He won't come here for less than he's earning and we can't afford what he's earning.

Latest posts