What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

DanOz

Juniors
Any new on
Danny Galea / Rhys Hanbury / Josh Lewis / Willie Mataka / Corey Payne /
John Skandalis / Rocky Trimarchi ?

N.C.

Juniors
Only who's in and who's out on the official player profile pages of the website... As previously discussed somewhere on this forum...

westie

Bench
tele was the first to go on the record in print to say he had signed-

Anyone can talk , but facts are facts- the TELE confirmed his signing first....unless you can show me otherwise?

While they did not 100% confirm it (as no one would until a club does), Sportal announced his signing a few days before and the British press ran with it from there.

nomarg

While they did not 100% confirm it (as no one would until a club does), Sportal announced his signing a few days before and the British press ran with it from there.

I couldn't find any info anywhere- I was dirty they signed him- searched google and google news etc couldn't find anything........

This is the first sportal artice - 2-3 days after Tele went on record
Bunnies land Burgess

30/09/2009 8:16 AM

PA Sport

http://sportal.com.au/league-news-display/bunnies-land-burgess-78747

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
howabout we re-start this thread for monitoring how WT and players are going for the lead up to 2011 season. Changes / potential changes etc.

For my 2 cents worth i reckon WT will be pretty quiet on the player recruitment but suspect there will be a few departures of the 'almost there' group trying their luck for permanent 1st grade elsewhere. Eg: Mataka, Schirnack brothers etc. Also reckon Cayless and Tupou will be released or retire as they will never be what they were and WT are wasting their time continuing wiht the exercise.

BTW any mail on SImmons replacement as asst coach?

howabout we re-start this thread for monitoring how WT and players are going for the lead up to 2011 season. Changes / potential changes etc.

For my 2 cents worth i reckon WT will be pretty quiet on the player recruitment but suspect there will be a few departures of the 'almost there' group trying their luck for permanent 1st grade elsewhere. Eg: Mataka, Schirnack brothers etc. Also reckon Cayless and Tupou will be released or retire as they will never be what they were and WT are wasting their time continuing wiht the exercise.

BTW any mail on SImmons replacement as asst coach?

Steve Folkes will be the replacement

Magpies Forever

Juniors

Gone from main NRL squad for 2011:

Chris Corby
Rhys Curran
Josh Davis
David Fifita
Daniel Fitzhenry
Blake Lazarus
Willie Mataka
Rhys Pritchard
Alan Schirnack
Aranda Taumata (left mid-2010 season)
Tame Tupou
Nathan Waters

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=profile-player

Borat.

Juniors

Chris Corby
Rhys Curran
Josh Davis
David Fifita
Daniel Fitzhenry
Blake Lazarus
Willie Mataka
Rhys Pritchard
Alan Schirnack
Tame Tupou
Nathan Waters

The same thing happened last year - mataka was up and down plus a few others.....doesn't mean much

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Yeah, probably back to the State Cup but in another post some time ago I mentioned a concern that by promoting many of these guys 'with prospects / potential' to the train on NRL squad WT may leave them open to poaching by other NRL teams eager to offer them places in the main squads WT cannot.

In other words you get them halfway there, provide the incentive and skill development but cant progress them. Their expectations have risen and they have to go eslewere to get their shot. Good devlopment but WT may not get the 'bonus' for development.

gronkathon

First Grade
Just sources within the club. Straight running isn't brilliant and is really struggling with any directional pattern running. He is determined but there is a feeling it may not be enough and a decision will need to be made especially considering he is 28/29 from memory

Chris Corby
Rhys Curran
Josh Davis
David Fifita
Daniel Fitzhenry
Blake Lazarus
Willie Mataka
Rhys Pritchard
Alan Schirnack
Tame Tupou
Nathan Waters

No huge losses there, would've liked to have held onto Mataka and Schirnak I guess.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rumour I heard is that we are chasing Matt Utai to replace Tuiaki if he does in fact retire.

R2Coupe

Juniors
The Club's emphasis on wingers in its recruitment for next year would suggest it has planned for this eventuality. In the hour of need, someone will step up and make full use of the opportunity.

Latest posts