What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers on the Hunt for New Coach.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Forgot Milone existed. lol

I'd consider the following salaries for players I'd retain for 2018:
Aloiai $150k
Brooks $200k
Felise $150k
Grant $250k
Hunt $100k
Liddle $150k
Littlejohn $150k
Marsters $120k
Moses $250k
Nofoaluma $300k
Seumanufagai $300k
Sue $300k
Suli $300k
Taylor $500k
Tedesco $1m
Woods $750k

Total $4,970,000

leaves 2.03 million to buy nine players, and I'd buy two starting centres, one starting second rower and one starting prop. Five depth/bench type players, with two being centres, one a five eighth/hooker, a winger and 1 back rower.

Then we'd have 2 Fullbacks, 3 wingers, 4 centres, 2* five-eighths, 2 halfbacks, 4 props, 2* hookers, 7 back rowers.

Tiger Woody

Juniors

Aloiai $150k
Brooks $200k
Felise $150k
Grant $250k
Hunt $100k
Liddle $150k
Littlejohn $150k
Marsters $120k
Moses $250k
Nofoaluma $300k
Seumanufagai $300k
Sue $300k
Suli $300k
Taylor $500k
Tedesco $1m
Woods $750k

Total $4,970,000

leaves 2.03 million to buy nine players, and I'd buy two starting centres, one starting second rower and one starting prop. Five depth/bench type players, with two being centres, one a five eighth/hooker, a winger and 1 back rower.

Then we'd have 2 Fullbacks, 3 wingers, 4 centres, 2* five-eighths, 2 halfbacks, 4 props, 2* hookers, 7 back rowers.

Taylor $500k (doesnt he have an option in his favour for 2018?i think he will leave ,go back to NZ..Cant blame him)
Tedesco $1m
Woods $750k
Nofa $300
Sounds good to me..
Also looks like you have been to Bunnings to buy the biggest broom you could find.....Agree
The rubbish seems to have been binned.

Perth Tiger

Bench

Aloiai $150k
Brooks $200k
Felise $150k
Grant $250k
Hunt $100k
Liddle $150k
Littlejohn $150k
Marsters $120k
Moses $250k
Nofoaluma $300k
Seumanufagai $300k
Sue $300k
Suli $300k
Taylor $500k
Tedesco $1m
Woods $750k

Total $4,970,000

You are forgetting the salary cap increase that will go up to 9-11 million so that will inflate some of your prices but more importantly leave a lot more cash to shop around. Problem is every club will have a bit of extra cash and unless Cleary has some recruitment clout I doubt we will be attracting any big names for next season.

Also $500 is way overs for Taylor. On your scale about 300 would be more his value

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are forgetting the salary cap increase that will go up to 9-11 million so that will inflate some of your prices but more importantly leave a lot more cash to shop around. Problem is every club will have a bit of extra cash and unless Cleary has some recruitment clout I doubt we will be attracting any big names for next season.

Also $500 is way overs for Taylor. On your scale about 300 would be more his value
We're reportedly chasing McQueen for 400k. I'd say 500k for Taylor is reasonable.

And yes, you are right, I forgot about the cap increase.

Perth Tiger

Bench
We're reportedly chasing McQueen for 400k. I'd say 500k for Taylor is reasonable.

Yeah it depends on what the final cap is. I said I think 500 on your scale is overs, I don't think he is vastly better than Sue for instance.

But in my thread on the salary cap structure if the average top 17 wage becomes about 400K then having Taylor at slightly above average is about right. McQueen at an average starting wage seems about right as well.

Mario chalmers

Juniors

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/87d5ec73da7b7ae6b3ac455beefebd2e

I cant find the article now but I read $9.75 mill somewhere for 2018

Madunit - of your picks

Aloiai $150k
Brooks $200k (He's rumoured to be on $500-$600k now)
Felise $150k
Grant $250k (Cleary flicked him at the Panthers so I doubt he'd stay. Could get Tatola and Paseka for that $250k
Hunt $100k
Liddle $150k
Littlejohn $150k (Not a first grader - very very slow for a half)
Marsters $120k
Moses $250k (Like Brooks he's rumoured to be on $500-$600k now)

Nofoaluma $300k
Seumanufagai $300k (hasn't improved this season - Felise, Tatola/Paseka all better options IMO)
Sue $300k
Suli $300k
Taylor $500k
Tedesco $1m (fair assessment)
Woods $750k (fair assessment)

2018 recruitment probably goes out the window now Taylor is gone. I suspect he'd have been the one sniffing around McQueen?

I assume Moses and Brooks are re-signed for $1mill combined. I assume Ava and Grant leave with Tatola and Paseka taking their spots for 250k combined. ET - would be on less than $500k. I'd guess $250- $300k

If all this happens that still leaves roughly $2mill for 9 players so you're pretty much on the money whatever the case

It's worth noting that the new coach may punt a few players mid season, so this list might be redundant pretty quickly.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
My figures were what I'd offer the players. Sorry I should have made that clearer.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Totally f**king ridiculous if true that Daley has been shortlisted.

Tigers management have no f**king idea about administering a rugby league entity

When have us fans ever been shown that this unfit rabble know what they r doing ! These rugby league illiterates are devoid of any nous or rugby league savvy!

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't think Daley is a bad idea. I think he is pretty stupid but he appears to have good relationships with the players. You couldn't leave him in charge of cap management and he'd need a good team around him but I don't think he is a bad idea.

Clifferd

Coach
His only experience is coaching state of origin with 17 of the elite players the game has to offer and has 1 series win out of 4. Any coach could look good at that level, even Taylor

We need a proven coach at NRL level who can get a team up for 24+ games a year, can manage player salaries, pre season etc etc. I hope the management consider this in their selection

Vic Mackey

Referee
Daley would be terrible, the guy has no idea.

Personally I would prefer either Hasler or Toovey as I think we need a coach with agro to fire these softcocks up. Cleary would be ok but his demeanour reminds me a lot of Potter.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Apparently Laurie Daley has been shortlisted for the Tigers job.... How could that possibly be a step in the right direction after punting Taylor?

I think the names being thrown around are wishlists from a Tigers perspective. If coaching the Wests Tigers was such a hot commodity, why did we have a choice between Nathan Brown and Jason Taylor last time the gig was up fro grabs?

I dont think Daley is interested and Toovey and Hasler would wait for the next cab rather than jump in the middle of the circus which is Wests Tigers at the moment. If Cleary is willing we should sign him. It looks like a good fit to me.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don't think Daley is a bad idea. I think he is pretty stupid but he appears to have good relationships with the players. You couldn't leave him in charge of cap management and he'd need a good team around him but I don't think he is a bad idea.
Lozza may have been a tremendous player & a wonderfull role model.However he is way to nice to b head coach & not the sharpest tool in the shed.

It's crystal clear we need a hard arse with a quality CV someone who won't tolerate mediocrity in any level of the organisation.Hence the best candidate is Hasler.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think the names being thrown around are wishlists from a Tigers perspective. If coaching the Wests Tigers was such a hot commodity, why did we have a choice between Nathan Brown and Jason Taylor last time the gig was up fro grabs?

I dont think Daley is interested and Toovey and Hasler would wait for the next cab rather than jump in the middle of the circus which is Wests Tigers at the moment. If Cleary is willing we should sign him. It looks like a good fit to me.

Coaching has a lot to do with who's available. Really apart from say your Bennetts, Bellamys guys will take what they can get. There are only 16 spots available in the game. If a coach passes up an opportunity it might be 2-3 years before they get another chance, or maybe never.