What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers players who have hit the wall already for 2018

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Great start to the season but the wheels have fallen off since Knights game.
Which players do you think have run out of steam and are not up to consistent NRL standard performances this year.

Heres my list:

Tui
MWZ
Gotitnot
Rochow
Grant
Eisehuth
Sue
McQueen
Elijah Taylor

To a lesser extent:
CheeKam

The wall has hit him:
Reynolds

Vic Mackey

Referee
Which players do you think have run out of steam and are not up to consistent NRL standard performances this year.

Heres my list:

Tui
MWZ
Gotitnot
Rochow
Grant
Eisehuth
Sue
McQueen
Elijah Taylor

To a lesser extent:
CheeKam

The wall has hit him:
Reynolds

Tui
MWZ
Godinet
Rochow
McQueen

Hopefully none of these guys are near first grade ever again

I thought Sue and MCK had their best games of the season last week.

Taylor played pretty well too IMO. He’s no superstar but one of those effort style players. I watched our round 2 win against the Storm again a couple of weeks back and in the last 10 mins his defence was immense.

Grant is a decent enough backup. Eisenhuth has fallen away since the start of the year, needs some time in reserve grade for mine.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Hope someone we don’t expect is going to be able to run through a wall these last few rounds of the season

Not sure who it’s going to be though...

Packer, Mats, Marsters?

All three?

Tiger Ted

Bench

Heres my list:

Tui
MWZ
Gotitnot
Rochow
Grant
Eisehuth
Sue
McQueen
Elijah Taylor

To a lesser extent:
CheeKam

The wall has hit him:
Reynolds
Woody I’m surprised the overpriced lazy bludger Packer isn’t at the head of that list.He started the season well but geez he has regressed immensely.The only thing saving him from shaking hands with Hodgo at training is the massive amt of money he is on(700k @ 4 yrs).I believe Packer would best serve the team coming off the bench but he’s getting paid the kind of money u expect from a prop who runs at least 130 mtrs a game & can play for 60 mins.We are lucky to get 130 mtrs out of this plodder in 3 matches.Im actually more disappointed in packer than I am in Reynolds coz at least if the grub is fit the one +ve is he will bust his gut for the team.

The other disappointment who hasn’t come on as I hoped is the soft slug Eisenhuth.He isn’t a 1st graders arsehole.

Going into next season I’m more concerned about our forwards than our backs coz during that abysmal 10 match period where we won 2 matches our forwards(Rowdy & Twal excluded) have been pathetic.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Woody I’m surprised the overpriced lazy bludger Packer isn’t at the head of that list.He started the season well but geez he has regressed immensely.The only thing saving him from shaking hands with Hodgo at training is the massive amt of money he is on(700k @ 4 yrs).I believe Packer would best serve the team coming off the bench but he’s getting paid the kind of money u expect from a prop who runs at least 130 mtrs a game & can play for 60 mins.We are lucky to get 130 mtrs out of this plodder in 3 matches.Im actually more disappointed in packer than I am in Reynolds coz at least if the grub is fit the one +ve is he will bust his gut for the team.

The other disappointment who hasn’t come on as I hoped is the soft slug Eisenhuth.He isn’t a 1st graders arsehole.

Going into next season I’m more concerned about our forwards than our backs coz during that abysmal 10 match period where we won 2 matches our forwards(Rowdy & Twal excluded) have been pathetic.

Tiger Woody

Juniors

Ted I think Packer is playing wounded,but yes he’s not intimidating at all recently.
The Huth is really a fillin....Not a regular 1st grader and little impact.
His height I think stops him from lateral quick movements...ISP is his standard .

Das Hassler

Bench
By season's end i'd expect McQueen to be asking for a release, maybe to ESL...cant see him seeing out his last year at WT

Perth Tiger

Bench

Packer does so much work that doesn't show up in the stats. Have a look at the game again and at about 10 to go when we were struggling he came up with two huge inside covering tackles in one set that saved line breaks, I think one he knocked the player down and fell off but was covered up immediately by someone else so even though it was Packer that stopped the line break it would of gone down as a miss tackle in the stats.

Sure, I agree he isn't playing as good as at the start of the year and I agree with what others have said that he looks to be playing injured but he is not, and has never been, a metre eating stat man. We had one of those in Woods and we weren't any better.

I think of him as a better version of Gibbs in that they play more of a key role in the centre in holding the rest of the forwards together rather than solely being a hit up merchant. With have others to fill that role and no one else to fill Packer's role

BLN2

Juniors
I see Matulino has been mediocre for you guys this year - Thought it might be Warriors thing, but I think he has a buggered knee unfortunately. Hope you guys got him for a decent price.. Checking stats, has broken tackles in only 4 games this year, and ran under 60m in 5 games.

Das Hassler

Bench
But hasn’t he got 2 years after this one?

Ahh yeah....i think that's right. But that might make him want to leave even more if he's been made aware that he's not in the mix. After all the coach who signed him is gone so that's life unfortunately

Front-Rower

First Grade
According to SuperCoach stats, Packer is playing slightly more mins per game on average than the last two seasons.

http://www.nrlsupercoachstats.com/
(Need to filter on player)

I don’t agree with the criticism of him or Matulino as it is no coincidence that our defence in the middle has significantly improved since these two have arrived. Our defence is still 7th best in the league and that is with three blowouts (Warriors, Titans and Raiders).

Perth Tiger

Bench
According to SuperCoach stats, Packer is playing slightly more mins per game on average than the last two seasons.

http://www.nrlsupercoachstats.com/
(Need to filter on player)

I don’t agree with the criticism of him or Matulino as it is no coincidence that our defence in the middle has significantly improved since these two have arrived. Our defence is still 7th best in the league and that is with three blowouts (Warriors, Titans and Raiders).
agreed. It is also no coincidence that our poor periods usual happen when they are off the field.

Why not stagger them so at least 1 plays longer
a few have suggested this TW. Surely Packer and Twal to start and sure Twal could put in more minutes.

Matulino from the bench for Packer would be the best for the team.

Latest posts