What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Simona to be deregistered.

"Whooooosh"

Dictionary: The sound made when a comment is made in the realm of a stereotypical joke and it flies quickly over the head of Mia Karen.

And I am calm and I am fine. Thanks so much for making that enquiry.

myrrh ken

First Grade
The word you're probably looking for is definition. Dictionaries contain definitions, so it's close, but the impact is somewhat reduced hey?

thorson1987

Coach
Calm down champion, I was just explaining what the article says as not everyone knows how to get around a paywall. Obviously I've touched a raw nerve. R U OK?

I'm a bloke, but does the fairer gender and low-socio economic status trigger you? Strange comment.

Anyway ... you reckon Simona should be banned for life?

Its not exactly match-fixing on his part. Only about 3 or 4 out of 60 of his bets were on opposition, the rest on himself and the tiges - but you can see he's on the slippery slope to Tandy-land.

Don't think there's any way back. ESL or French rugby - although it won't cure his ills.

Super League is out of the question.

The RFL came out and said any ban on Simona by the NRL will be carried over to them.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/adaeb89e52a25fa42b5ffe57b6d96c7a

The Rugby football League has closed the door on any possible chance of Tim Simona salvaging his career in England.
The Wests Tigers centre has been suspended indefinitely after the NRL issued a notice to cancel his registration following allegations he had placed bets on matches involving his team.

The 24-year-old is accused of placing more than 60 wagers last year and, if found guilty, is expected to avoid a life ban and slugged with a four-year suspension when a final decision is announced by the NRL integrity unit later this week or early next week.

There has been speculation Simona may be allowed to play in the Super League where Todd Carney was handed a lifeline after he was sacked by Cronulla in 2014 following his infamous bubbler incident and deregistered by the NRL.

However, an RFL official said no team would be permitted to sign a player serving a NRL ban and Simona’s case is very different to that of Carney.

“Todd was never actually banned by the NRL,” a RFL source told AAP.

No doubt Toulon will try and sign him though. They don't seem to give a shit.

chigurh

The decision had to be made for the integrity of the game.

Now if we could get to the much larger problem of the penalty count mysteriously squaring up that would be good.

Knight76

Juniors
Seems the person who blew the whistle on him is cashing in on the story....forgive me, I mean sharing how painful it was for them and how they questioned if they were doing the right thing, to 60 minutes or today tonight, one of those ambulance chasing programs!

myrrh ken

First Grade
Mate they're both cashing in on it. You reckon simonas tell all confession to brothelfield was free? Probably the only good payday he will see in some time

bileduct

Coach
Looks like it's payday for Ms Taki.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...harm-thoughts/ar-BBymm8u?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=iehp

Taki also distanced herself from revelations Simona had stolen money from auctioned off jerseys meant for charities, including one allegedly set up in the memory of her dead brother.

"I had no idea he was doing that," she said.

"He pushed to me that I should put a jersey up for auction to raise money for my charity, and that's what we did. I have the bank statements to prove that we received money for my charity."
Only problem is that the text messages show that not only was she fully aware of what Simona was doing, she was coaching him on how to do it and actually offered her brother's charity to be used for the scam.

Simona: Where you gonna say the jersey is going to?
Taki: Dunno
Taki: Kinda forgot about it a bit
Taki: So now to think
Taki: My charity most likely
Simona: Omg
Simona: Yea was thinking about that too
Taki: Yeah let's just do that
Taki: Stick with that
Simona: Ok
Taki: But I've thought of something
Simona: Yeah?
Taki: We could get 2 jerseys
Taki: But only pretend there's 1
Taki: So they both "win" the jersey
Taki: Sorry... I'm as dodgy as they come

Dodgy enough to lie to the media?

Yeah.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Mate they're both cashing in on it. You reckon simonas tell all confession to brothelfield was free? Probably the only good payday he will see in some time

Exactly. The bloke wants to act like he 'came clean' lol it doesn't mean much when you admit it after you have been found guilty and banned, and even then you had to be paid to come clean.

Life's Good

Coach
She hid behind her brothers charity yet somehow she is portrayed as a jilted WAG. They are both as bad as each other.

bileduct

Coach
Weirdler is doing his best to keep this story alive. Not going to bother linking the article.

‘I have never taken money from charity’: Tim Simona's former partner speaks out

Danny Weidler

Tim Simona had five pages and an accompanying video to tell his story. You know the one: where he bet on other teams, rorted charities, took cocaine, fed pokies and forced a woman to have an abortion.

But when his former partner, Jaya Taki, told her side of the story last week he decided to send me a tweet: "Are you done yet champ?"

I was hoping we were.

But I noticed Simona decided to like a few tweets in the hours after that one that caught my eye. Some he lauded were critical of me – that's par for the course. But it was a bit rich favouriting a comment relating to Taki's foundation, which she started after her brother died from cancer.

The comment read, in part: "Has anyone thought about reporting her to the police for charities fraud?" And Simona wants us to forgive him? Remember he pretended to be raising money for kids' cancer charity, Camp Quality.

Taki wants to set the record straight in relation to her foundation.

"If there was one story that has severely damaged my reputation, it's the story about me 'scamming my own charity'," she said. "I've sat back for over a week and discussed with my family whether or not it's worth discussing it publicly and, of course, it absolutely is. When the NRL sat with me, they took my entire Whatsapp conversation. I was unaware they were going to take everything. Unfortunately, much of our heat-of-the-moment fights, jokes and banter have become headline news and taken wildly out of context, including this 'scam'."

When it came to her charity, Taki says she and Simona sold three jerseys and raised $1700 in total. Two of those payments were deposited into the foundation bank account and the other was $500 in cash. Because NRL players do not get free jerseys, just a discount, they were required to pay $130 for each jumper, a total cost of $390. That leaves a $1310 profit.

"Tim asked to be paid and asked for half," Taki said. "I have not used a single cent of any money raised for myself. Here is the mistake I've made and one I must own up to. If you actually know me, you would know I'm a people pleaser and although I'm incredibly strong-willed and confrontational, I struggled to be forthright with Tim in the first few months of our relationship. I didn't want to come across difficult, so when he said he wanted half of the proceeds, I went along with it, something I have never, ever done before. I'm so angry with myself and I apologise."

Taki says her decision to allow Simona to profit from her charity was based on her insecurity.

"I was always insecure about his feelings towards me, but one consistency was his interest in me when it came to raising that money and placing bets. I didn't know he had a gambling problem, so it didn't raise alarm bells. I did it for his attention. I can't tell you how embarrassed I feel to admit that I helped him gamble and raise money just so he didn't lose interest in me. He received his half and I donated the rest to my foundation.

"In regards to his other deceptions, West Tigers fans were the ones that alerted the media to the Camp Quality scamming, not me. I had no idea about any of it."

The text messages of the pair talking about "splitting" the proceeds of charity appear damning on the surface. "We also go on to to joke about selling personal videos of ourselves to raise funds," she said. "Whilst some may not understand our humour, we joked around a lot."

Taki's foundation runs a program called "Healthy Inside Out". It teaches the importance of healthy lifestyles in the prevention of disease.

"In December 2015 I organised a walkathon for a friend of mine who had cancer and we raised $50,000 for him," she said. "Anyone with cancer does not pay to be treated by me [she's a colon therapist]. My foundation has positively affected thousands of lives, especially young lives. It's in honour of my brother who passed away, and instead of feeling sorry myself, I've created something positive out of my loss."

Why didn't Tigers ask hard questions?

Here is an interesting spin-off from the Tim Simona story. Before that broke, Kyle Lovett was waiting to front the board over a well-documented drugs issue. Given that the club was well over the salary cap, the pressure was on to sack Lovett to make the Tigers cap compliant.

Fortunately for Lovett, the Simona issue solved the club's cap problems. Lovett fronted the board and with the pressure off, they went easy on Lovett.

More importantly, Lovett was not interrogated about the night out where he was charged with cocaine possession, to which he subsequently plead guilty.

This column understands the board may have got some answers they didn't want to hear about what goes on at the club, much in line with Simona's revelations about drug use.

Interestingly, neither the club nor the NRL have had any desire to investigate Simona's allegations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So she's trying to tell everyone that at first the charity scams were legit but then Simona demanded half the money which she had to give him because she's just a "people pleaser." Oh, and all the coaching she did, helping Simona come up with a better scam, that was just her joking around - you probably just don't get her sense of humor.

For anyone interested in reading the actual text messages -> https://i.imgur.com/XnvhgxF.jpg

Charlie124

First Grade
berneydidnotread.gif

Latest posts