What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Simona to be deregistered.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Okay fine. You're from the bill Clinton school of semantics.

I'm not a wife beater I merely push my spouse around.

I don't know the vic system either and was assuming something would have to be entered into as a verdict. Which would be guilty I would think. Anyway he has admitted it. He's guilty in laymans terms

Okay settled.

And as for Simona? I do agree he should get a good spell. But don't agree with ban for life. It's strange we treat assaulters and sexual assaulters better than gamblers, dog rooters and self bubblers

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
Okay fine. You're from the bill Clinton school of semantics.

I'm not a wife beater I merely push my spouse around.

I don't know the vic system either and was assuming something would have to be entered into as a verdict. Which would be guilty I would think.

Okay settled.

And as for Simona? I do agree he should get a good spell. But don't agree with ban for life. It's strange we treat assaulters and sexual assaulters better than gamblers, dog rooters and self bubblers
I think any NRL player found guilty of betting on an NRL game should be banned for life.

I get what you're saying about the wife beater/sexual assaulters, but there are courts to deal with those things and mete out punishment, so it's a bit grey what the NRL can and can't do. I'd like to see more done to them from the courts to be honest. .

With betting on the games he can only be punished by the NRL, unless it's fraudulent. So I think they need to be harsh to save their reputation. I already know plenty of conspiracy nuts who think the whole of the NRL is rigged.

The players have to be pretty f**king stupid to do it, they would all know they're not allowed to. It sucks though. Simona doesn't seem like a bad bloke.

PS I wonder if you know what semantics means. There's a beautiful irony in people using it without a full understanding of what it is.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Thing is conduct that constitutes offences arent investigated by nrl but they could be. It would be lower threshhold as they dont have to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Other organisations do this. Often witnesses are happy to come forward for discuplinary investigations but not criminal.

Other misconduct is examined and adjudged on balance of probs so there is an imbalance. Youre better facing court than nrl.

Tiger5150

Bench
He wishes they had Rusty or Politis lol. <snip>

Just shows you're not as passionate as myself. I'd be livid with my clubs mismanagement or should I say lack of.

Rabbits20 you do realise how Management works dont you? Management of a business isnt having a wealthy fairy godmother who simply tips in every year, its about making ends meet and living within your means and still managing to be successful (Tigers and Bunnies have won the same amount of premierships since 2000). Ill give you some examples of poor management:

1, SOUTHS every year pre-Rusty.
2. Souths proudly banning pokies then not having enough money and putting hand out to Rusty.
3. Souths constantly bragging about "their"juniors and yet having to go to them cap in hand and have to beg them for cash (nice "support" for juniors)
4. Souths having to let go half their team to buy back Burgess at a premium and as a direct result slipping to 12th on the ladder last year.....3 places below the "poorly managed" Wests Tigers who beat Souths twice in 2016.

Clearly no mirrors or intact glass around Redfern. How badly must Souths be managed to have a fairy Godmother like Rusty and STILL get beat by the "poorly managed" Tigers.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rabbits20 you do realise how Management works dont you? Management of a business isnt having a wealthy fairy godmother who simply tips in every year, its about making ends meet and living within your means and still managing to be successful (Tigers and Bunnies have won the same amount of premierships since 2000). Ill give you some examples of poor management:

1, SOUTHS every year pre-Rusty.
2. Souths proudly banning pokies then not having enough money and putting hand out to Rusty.
3. Souths constantly bragging about "their"juniors and yet having to go to them cap in hand and have to beg them for cash (nice "support" for juniors)
4. Souths having to let go half their team to buy back Burgess at a premium and as a direct result slipping to 12th on the ladder last year.....3 places below the "poorly managed" Wests Tigers who beat Souths twice in 2016.

Clearly no mirrors or intact glass around Redfern. How badly must Souths be managed to have a fairy Godmother like Rusty and STILL get beat by the "poorly managed" Tigers.
All I have to say is bring on round 1.

You're entitled to your views.

alien

Referee
How badly must Souths be managed to have a fairy Godmother like Rusty and STILL get beat by the "poorly managed" Tigers.
That's 1 year out of the last 5, so you shouldn't get too cocky! An example of bad management would be to pay a state of origin hooker $750,000 out of their salary cap to play for the opposition. Camp Concord need a copy of The Art of the Deal.

the%20art%20of%20the%20deal.jpeg

AJB1102

First Grade
When has that been a part of the cap? That goes towards the other club, not the player.

When Cronulla took interest in Segyaro. Not only was the $400K transfer to be included in the cap, but the NRL would also be putting their hand out for a further 50% of the transfer fee to go to some fund of theirs.

Not Souths fault but. Just another rules on the run from the NRL.

alien

Referee
When Cronulla took interest in Segyaro. Not only was the $400K transfer to be included in the cap, but the NRL would also be putting their hand out for a further 50% of the transfer fee to go to some fund of theirs.

Not Souths fault but. Just another rules on the run from the NRL.

Hmmm well transfer fees shouldn't be included in the salary cap, so the NRL stuffed up there.

Vic Mackey

Referee
That's 1 year out of the last 5, so you shouldn't get too cocky! An example of bad management would be to pay a state of origin hooker $750,000 out of their salary cap to play for the opposition. Camp Concord need a copy of The Art of the Deal.

Gee you've done well. For 12 years you supported the Tigers and they finished ahead of souths 11 times. Then you start supporting souths since they've finished ahead of the Tigers 4 out of 5 times.

Tiger5150

Bench
That's 1 year out of the last 5, so you shouldn't get too cocky! An example of bad management would be to pay a state of origin hooker $750,000 out of their salary cap to play for the opposition..

Thats not an example of bad management, thats honoring your word. $600,000 of that money is owed to Robbie from previous seasons, so of course the Tigers should pay it and of course it comes out of the cap.

DiegoNT

First Grade

Last year we reportedly paid half of both Tim Grants and Chris McQueen's Contracts to play at other clubs

Lambretta

First Grade
Your challenge, should you accept it, is to write a song to the tune of My Sharona, about how f**king dumb this guy is