What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for Kyle

carinashark

First Grade
Keep Moz at FB , give Kyle a run, bracket Doogs and Val, get Brailey to run from dummy more with Gal. Tell Chad to keep doing what he is doing. Don’t wait till the last 10 min to be creative. I know it’s not Flannoball but what if Kyle started to play real attacking football. Could change the dynamic.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Keep Moz at FB , give Kyle a run, bracket Doogs and Val, get Brailey to run from dummy more with Gal. Tell Chad to keep doing what he is doing. Don’t wait till the last 10 min to be creative. I know it’s not Flannoball but what if Kyle started to play real attacking football. Could change the dynamic.
Would allow us to put Loots on the bench which is an upgrade from Capewell imo. Remember when Flange liked the insurance of having Beale on the bench? Loots offers more than Beale and covers injury in the backs as well as a stint in the back-row if required.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Don't reckon Flanno would throw his young bloke to the wolves v the rampaging Goons next week....poor kaarrnntt would be on a hiding to nothing. But at 2 and 4 v the Pennies or at 2 and 5 v the tits....nothing to lose.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bit early imo

Why?

Cleary was 18 and a runt

Croft was 19 and a runt

FJ is 19 and a runt

Cronk was 20 and not even a half

Johnson was 20 and was a weed

Thurston was 19 and a runt

Pearce was 18 and also a runt

Etc etc

FJ is potentially as good as several of them.

Why was he trialling if he was out of the picture?

I reckon it’s time

Card Shark

Immortal
Why?

Cleary was 18 and a runt

Croft was 19 and a runt

FJ is 19 and a runt

Cronk was 20 and not even a half

Johnson was 20 and was a weed

Thurston was 19 and a runt

Pearce was 18 and also a runt

Etc etc

FJ is potentially as good as several of them.

Why was he trialling if he was out of the picture?

I reckon it’s time

I don’t think we are going that bad to warrant it. Our combinations will improve.

carcharias

Immortal
I don’t think we are going that bad to warrant it. Our combinations will improve.

We have one shit game after a massive effort against the premiers
Guess what
They lost this week as well.
The other 2 losses we were in it until the death

Ads

First Grade
No idea if he’ll cut it skill wise but his size is not a factor.

Card Shark

Immortal
You’ll never know how he will go until given a go

I just don’t think we are that desperate yet.

carinashark

First Grade
Probably riight there 2012. Not against the Dragons. But give him a half against Penrith or Gold Coast or during SSO. Hodo is a good stand in but was bought to be one. Get Kyle on the bench and training with the side.

Pot Odds

Juniors
Flanno senior was interviewed at half time regarding Kyles first grade prospects at half time v Penrith in ISC.He said he would be guided by the advice of Gal and Lewie as to when Kyle was ready for first grade.I think this team is going ok.We had the Dragons in trouble and let them back with penalties and dropped ball.Made more linebreaks than the chooks and let ourselves done badly with fifth tackle penalties. When we play more smart footy the wins will come and Hodko is a very much better player than I thought he was I judged him too harshly in a very shitty Newcastle side.

Quigs

Immortal
kyle.jpg

lolesi

First Grade
Just out of curiosity how many saying "Kyle needs to play" have seen him play live??

Doesn't matter I guess, wont get an honest answer.

Back to the topic, I have seen him play this season and last. Hot tip, he isn't the answer you all seem to think he is ATM.

Kyle will be good in the future but he needs to be dominating games consistently in State Cup before he gets a look in. First season playing against men.

carcharias

Immortal
Just out of curiosity how many saying "Kyle needs to play" have seen him play live??

Doesn't matter I guess, wont get an honest answer.

Back to the topic, I have seen him play this season and last. Hot tip, he isn't the answer you all seem to think he is ATM.

I watched a little bit last year ...plus the streams from the year before of the finals on the clubs website
That was because my wife taught Daniel Vasquez at school, so she was keen to see how he went.

Plus the trials this year
I took a bit of interest because of the reports in here.

Next year I reckon for Flano for sure
Hodgko is the stop gap

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I didn’t see the weekend, but can we at least get Hodko doing the bulk of the kicking? He’s the best kicker at the club, especially for distance and field position.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I watched a little bit last year ...plus the streams from the year before of the finals on the clubs website
That was because my wife taught Daniel Vasquez at school, so she was keen to see how he went.

Plus the trials this year
I took a bit of interest because of the reports in here.

Next year I reckon for Flano for sure
Hodgko is the stop gap

So you are saying you want a stop gap half for an entire season, and somehow that is going to win us the comp ??