What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for Kyle

carcharias

Immortal
So you are saying you want a stop gap half for an entire season, and somehow that is going to win us the comp ??
Hodgko was bought as a one year insurance policy - an after thought..at the 11h hour.
He was probably never meant to be the 5/8
I’m sure Maloney leaving wasn’t Flanos plan either.

Flano jnr will get his chance
Why throw him into the fire?

Plus
Being the coaches son and getting an undeserved call up would be a dumb arse coaching move.
He doesn’t look ready yet.

Last edited:
I thought the deal with Kyle was that he'd get some first grade games around State of Origin time, though I do not know who in our side would be in contention for SOO, if anyone.

I have seen Kyle play a bit both last year and this year, he's a good player at that level, he may go well if we're playing a dud side, and also the team as a whole has to be travelling well for him to look good and do good things.

carinashark

First Grade
I suppose is a matter of how Kyle would go with a lot of experienced players around him. I’ve seen a few of his games and some have been average but that is his youth. I hope he get a few games soon so he can then learn from those and realise his full potential.

I really do not understand what you see in Kyles game to warrant a call up over Chad or Hokko.

He’s a steady half very much in the role of a Chad without the experience, body shape or defensive ability......... (yet).

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
We're only paying 100k or so of Hokko's contract with Newie paying the majority. so probably not a lot of benefit cap wise. Player swap may be more beneficial if they have a decent player who is homesick?

Big Bloke

Juniors
Kyle Flanagan is not yet ready to play first grade. Fact.
Any suggestion that he is ready is ridiculous.
Like Frank said, he is a half like Chad. He is an organiser, not a match winner.
I can say this because I have seen Kyle play and have not been all that impressed.
He is getting named on the bench to send a message to the current halves to up their game.
The only way he will actually play NRL would be injuries to Moylan, Hodko and Chad.
He needs to play against men in NSW Cup and dominate a string of games in a row before being considered.

lolesi

First Grade
If we let Hoasdfghjko go, there is somebody else coming in. & I highky doubt it would be Flanno.

I agree. Why would we let the replacement half go when we have already had to use him before round 3?? makes no sense and contradicts the reason why we initially got him.

sandshark

Bench
I'll rephrase "Hodko to Catalans" to "Catalans interested in Hodko" before this gets out of hand. Their current Australian halfback was forced into retirement.

Not sure if they're in talks nor do I think someone as injury prone and old as Hodko should risk it all and move halfway across the world for 1-2 seasons.

shaggs

Coach
I'll rephrase "Hodko to Catalans" to "Catalans interested in Hodko" before this gets out of hand. Their current Australian halfback was forced into retirement.

Not sure if they're in talks nor do I think someone as injury prone and old as Hodko should risk it all and move halfway across the world for 1-2 seasons.
I would be on the first plane out.
NRL career slowing. Well on his way to being a fringe/backup player. If someone wanted to pay me to live in France and play footy.

See ya

Stake Removed

First Grade
We're only paying 100k or so of Hokko's contract with Newie paying the majority. so probably not a lot of benefit cap wise. Player swap may be more beneficial if they have a decent player who is homesick?

What is does the NRL says all clubes have 29 contracted players by March 1, and on June 30 you are to have 30.

So we either buying couple of players, or some getting promoted.

Maybe Benny Barba is homesick

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
What is does the NRL says all clubes have 29 contracted players by March 1, and on June 30 you are to have 30.

So we either buying couple of players, or some getting promoted.

Maybe Benny Barba is homesick
Probably wouldn't matter if Benny was homesick as he's been their best in them winning 9 out of 10 so far this year. St Helens would be mad to even consider it unfortunately.

chewsta

First Grade
Yeah there is no way in hell Benny gets out of his contract early. The fans would burn the city down and shoot his plane out of the sky.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
I thought Flanno Jr was ok for Newtown on the weekend. Scored a nice close range try but was also very quiet for long periods of the game. Hardly banging down the door for NRL selection

Snoop Shark

First Grade
If we let Hoasdfghjko go, there is somebody else coming in. & I highky doubt it would be Flanno.

Bird is the word

I’ve been told he isn’t happy up there. No team spirit. After training everyone just goes their own way. He is telling those close to him he misses the boys at Cronulla