What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for Mary to blowup!

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
1 try off forward pass - one hand pass and the hand is behind the ball.

Last try - Bird holds off the defender and is offside of the other Cronulla when the ball comes off his leg.

NRL time to get serious about the refereeing and video standards!

Rocket Rod

Juniors
In the presser he had a baby blowup at least.
Last 3 weeks he said a lot of dud calls which probably cost a couple of games.
He referred 19 decisions to Archer who said 11 were wrong!!
Far out more than 50%
Should've won against the chooks and sharks and the storm game had no chance after all those dodgy early calls.
Feel sorry for the players more than us, especially the forwards.
Hopefully the tide will turn.

Life's Good

Coach
In the presser he had a baby blowup at least.
Last 3 weeks he said a lot of dud calls which probably cost a couple of games.
He referred 19 decisions to Archer who said 11 were wrong!!
Far out more than 50%
Should've won against the chooks and sharks and the storm game had no chance after all those dodgy early calls.
Feel sorry for the players more than us, especially the forwards.
Hopefully the tide will turn.
It will turn just like the players attitude from last year to this year. We were in the fight all the way. With Duges & Widdop we win that game comfortably.

Drakon

Juniors
That forward pass try made the difference between win and lose.

We had one (that is ONE) call go our way (the McCrone strip) We had at least 3 or 4 go the wrong way. I'm really getting pee'd off with his poor refereeing.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Every game in NRL is critical. A couple of losses and you could drop out of the 8.

What really shItEs me and drives me up the wall is how video Ref cannot rule on forward passes.

If it's conclusive you Frigin dills then it is forward. How can we not judge on forward passes when the main task and most movement of the rugby league game besides running is passing BACKWARDS! WHAT A FUNDAMENTAL ERROR BY THE REFS.

possm

Coach
Again, we find ourselves on the end of bad decisions from the officials. Clearly on of the things that costed us the game last night.

Coaching is a real problem and I can't see why people can't see that. Even with Packer, our forwards did not show the power they did early on this year.

Player selections are a real problem even when taking into consideration that Widdop and Dugan are out. Why bring Field on to play at five-eighth when we are told he is our future fullback. At fullback he would have had more room to move and we could have got a better look at his readiness for the fullback job. Again, we didn't really get to see what Mann brings to the table in the halves.

And surely it's about time someone in the coaching staff did something about the problems we keep having down the right edge in defence. Every week we look vulnerable down our right edge.

It seems to me we are heading in the same direction as we did in 2015. Mary is a one trick pony and has no idea. I have seen enough, give us a new coach from outside the Club; not a Young and not a Hornby.

Red V for life

Juniors
I didn't get Milne on the wing and then moving Mann from freaking 5/8 to wing when Aitken went down was just crazy for mine.

uSaint_Revolt

Juniors
Why didn't Nightingale get asked a question? Are schooners too dear up at the Royal Jason? What do you think about Paul's Warehouse closing down? Something...

getsmarty

Immortal
St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor frustrated with refereeing decisions that cost Dragons in 18-14 derby loss to Cronulla Sharks
Andrew Parkinson
12 May 2017, 11 p.m.
r266_92_3270_1764_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Strong: Dragons forward Tyson Frizell was among St George Illawarra's best. Picture: John Veage

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor refused to blame match officials for his side’s enthralling 18-14 defeat to fierce local rivals Cronulla on Friday night.

The depleted Dragons, without captain Gareth Widdop and star fullback Josh Dugan, put in a statistically almost perfect performance at Kogarah against their neighbours from the shire but were edged out in a see-sawing contest.

St George Illawarra completed 93 per cent of their sets and made only four errors. They dominated through the middle, took the lead into half-time and were in front going into the final 10 minutes.

But a number of questionable decisions went against the Dragons. The most damaging were two decisions that led to both of Cronulla’s second half tries.

The first, a Ricky Leutele pass that looked to go forward for a Sosaia Feki try in the corner. The second, a Wade Graham knock on in the play the ball that led to Feki’s second and the match-winner.

McGregor chose not to use the decisions as excuses but admitted to feeling frustrated.

“The last two weeks I spoke to Tony [Archer] about decisions and I think 11 out of the 19 I sent away were incorrect [decisions],” he said.

“You could all see the decisions tonight. Some were pretty tough. You usually get your 50-50s throughout the year and I’m not going to use it as an excuse but the last three weeks have been pretty tough.

“They’re human so they’re going to make bad decisions or wrong calls. That’s just part of the game. When it costs you a result it hurts. Players make errors and coaches make errors and referees make errors. It’s consecutive weeks, so you’d like your luck to go your way now and again.”

As well as being without Widdop and Dugan, St George Illawarra lost dynamic centre Euan Aitken to a potentially serious hamstring injury. Aitken had a problem with his hamstring which kept him out of the City-Country game last weekend and was forced off after 20 minutes against Cronulla.

It was the Dragons’ third defeat in a row after tough losses to heavyweights the Sydney Roosters and Melbourne. They could slip outside the top four if results go against them this weekend.

They had plenty of stars. Paul Vaughan was outstanding in an all-round impressive display from the Dragons’ pack. Tyson Frizell, Joel Thompson, Russell Packer and Jack de Belin were all strong.

And McGregor, and their fans, will be heartened the resilience they showed.

Including the rep weekend, most of the Dragons players had played four games in 19 days. In McGregor’s own words, they need this weekend off.

“There’s improvement in our footy team as well and we’re building,” he said.

“We’re not there yet. Cronulla and Melbourne in the last two games, obviously they were in last year’s grand final. We’ve got some work to do but the boys are willing to put the hard work in during the week so they can go out and play the type of footy you saw tonight.”

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/4...ions-that-cost-dragons-in-derby-loss/?cs=3833

Latest posts