What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to load up

I'm about to offer some advice that I am in no way qualified to give. I'm pretty sure an astute poster or two will quickly identify this and notify you of my status as a don't knower.

I'm not sure if there's any punters in here, but I'm guessing there might be a couple. If you think South's are any chance of making the 8, and if they continue with last weeks effort for the rest of the season, I do. I think they are excellent value today, and after Friday Night we may not see these prices again. If we beat the Cowboys the following week and considering our remaining draw, I think we'll be paying somewhere a lot closer to even money than what we're being offered today.

https://www.odds.com.au/rugby-league/nrl-futures/nrl-top-8-finish-2017/

$6 - Sportsbet
$5.25 - Unibet
$5 - Ubet, Ladbrokes, William Hill, Bookmaker, Betstar, Centrebet.
$4.25 - Luxbet

In blind faith, I've just loaded up on South's @ $6. I think this is excellent value. When we beat the roosters tomorrow night we'll be at $5 max. If we put on a show like last week it will be $4 and under and there'll be an ok cashout option for those so inclined. Personally I split my bet in 2 and am hopeful of cashing one out to recoup the outlay on both, and then freeride the other one home.

Please gamble responsibly. I accept no responsibility for losses. However, if anyone takes this advice and cleans up on this. I'd be very open to catching up so you can shout me a beer or two. This offer is open to EVERY SINGLE South's fan on here. I'd even consider travelling to NZ, SA or NT but you guys'd have to shout all night if I did that.

Glorry Glory and good luck to all.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
tumblr_inline_o30u03GS2V1tqjhm5_540.jpg
BENSVILLERABBIT AKA STAN DA DUNNY MAN IS A TRUE DONT KNOWER .

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Don't give up on the chances Stan. This team has improved milestones to what it was in round 1. I think we were way too confident coming into the game and didn't give the roosters the respect they deserve. Your odds are even better now! ;)

Don't give up on the chances Stan. This team has improved milestones to what it was in round 1. I think we were way too confident coming into the game and didn't give the roosters the respect they deserve. Your odds are even better now! ;)
Thanks for the shout out STID. Pretty devastated with the loss, but couldn't fault the effort of most of the boys. Won't comment too much until I have a look at the replay, but at first look it appeared to be more poor execution. Like the boys, I will admit I was way too confident coming in. I was wrong. The Roosters were too good for us.

Whilst I'll never believe our seasons over until there's no mathematical chance, geez we've made it hard for ourselves. Last night really was a must win game, and we let it slip. Looking at the table now, and everyone's draw, I can't see 28 making it (I even ran the NRL draw predictor with a couple of different scenarios and 30 will more than likely be the cut off). Looks like we'll need 7 from 8 to get in.

You're right the odds will be better now. I just wish I waited until next week to take out the second mortgage.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
1:Johnston
2:Moceidreke
3:Gray
4:Goodwin
5:Burns
6:Walker
7:Reynolds
8:Cherrington
9:Farah
10:Sam
11:Fuimaono
12:Sutton
13:Crichton
14:Cook
15:Britt
16:Musgrove
17:T.Burgess

Just my 2 bob's worth,Sam to the front row,Walker back to 5/8,Cherrington to the front row with instructions your playing for a spot next year so bring out that mongrel that he does possess.
Sutton back to the pack and Moceidreke for a bit of the wild card Fijian magic on the wing.

Apologies if I'm offending anyone but I have no room for,Talakai,Jennings,Turner,Clark,Tyrrell or George.
Cheers itsa!

DiegoNT

First Grade

Just my 2 bob's worth,Sam to the front row,Walker back to 5/8,Cherrington to the front row with instructions your playing for a spot next year so bring out that mongrel that he does possess.
Sutton back to the pack and Moceidreke for a bit of the wild card Fijian magic on the wing.

Apologies if I'm offending anyone but I have no room for,Talakai,Jennings,Turner,Clark,Tyrrell or George.
Cheers itsa!

What do you see in Britt that you don't see in the players you've left out?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
But what about him as a player is better then the guys that you've left out?

Britt wouldn't be any better than turner. The thing that confuses me about the lineup is Crichton to lock. Trust me you're better off playing Murray at lock and moving Sutton to the bench. Suttons days of 80 minutes are well and truly behind him.

Travitoh

First Grade

Cheers itsa!

No room for Hunt? Moceidreke is still very raw, I'd leave him in reserve grade to learn his trade.
Reports are that Britt's defence is a bit of a weakness no we need either Clark or Turner on the bench, otherwise we'll be destroyed in the middle.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Nothing makes him be
But what about him as a player is better then the guys that you've left out?
Nothing makes him better as he is still to prove himself,but it's just my opinion that Turner,Clark,Turner and George have offered sweet FA in developing a improving squad that has a chance of making the 8 let alone win a GF,they have all gone backwards since 2014 only Sam has held his own!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
oi r20 i think isis has put something in the water they have all lost the plot in here fug me read their comments above its so entertainingly hilarious im on the floor laughing my head off....Shadow...

Itsamansgame

Juniors
My
No room for Hunt? Moceidreke is still very raw, I'd leave him in reserve grade to learn his trade.
Reports are that Britt's defence is a bit of a weakness no we need either Clark or Turner on the bench, otherwise we'll be destroyed in the middle.
My team for this week Hunt is not available!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Same 17. We lost because we were trying to put 40 on the roosters from the get go. Johnston is not the long term fullback of the club and I have no idea what the club plans are for Cody but he is the best option at fullback. Moceidreke on the wing is a disaster.

Cheers itsa!

Hi Itsa, I agree with some of this.

I do think walker has to go back to 6. However, I do not want to see AJ moved from the wing, he has rediscovered form since returning there. I believe it's our weakest position and moving AJ doesn't help us. For me I believe, as we have an abundance of centres and second rowers the solution lies here.

I would give either Gray or Goodwin a go at fullback. Personally, I'd take Goodwin at the moment, despite his occasional bad defensive reads I believe he's in close to career best form, and he is a confidence player. Some of the things he's done in attack recently have been amazing, and the type of wrong read he's making in defence he won't be presented with so often. I also believe we can cover centre better than either fullback or winger.

In ,my opinion Burns is a centre and we could move him there, Although I'm critical of his fumble in the play the ball, I think the bomb that was let bounce lies with Cody more than him, and moving back to the position he has more experience in will leave him less exposed to bombs. He is learning as a winger. In saying this I would keep him there, at the moment I don't think we have any other options.

Without this and I hope if Hunt is fit we can just slot him back in to centre. Until he's back I'd consider moving one of our second rowers there short term. As great as their going in they're current spots, you have to do what's best for the team. if we move one of them we have more depth to cover than other solutions, IMHO. I won't choose which one because I haven't seen either of them play centre, but our coaching staff have, and I would back their decision. I'm leaning towards Crichton, because at the respective stages of their careers I think he's the more complete footballer and I would back him to make the better defensive reads.

Britt wouldn't be any better than turner. The thing that confuses me about the lineup is Crichton to lock. Trust me you're better off playing Murray at lock and moving Sutton to the bench. Suttons days of 80 minutes are well and truly behind him.

I think Murray is going to be a gun, and if we move a second rower to centre as above I believe he's a big part of then adjusting the back row. He is improving week after week at North's. He's always made heaps of tackles, but taken a bit of time to adjust and contribute as much in attack. But for 19 he's going great guns.

Norths stats last weekend.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/Bears v Panthers Full Statistics.pdf

Murray : 80 mins, 12 runs, 105m (40 post contact), 1 linebreak, 4 tacklebreaks, 1 kick, 39 kick metres, 48 tackles, 1 missed, 1 error.

I don't know if he's ready for 80 mins of first grade yet, but if we start playing him now, he will be by next year. at the moment I'd probably start Sam at lock with Sutton in the second row to cover whoever moves to centre. I'd bring Cam on 20-30 mins in and then use Sam to cover Sutton or join our prop rotation.

From next year on, I see a long term back row combination of Murray, Crichton and Fuimaono. All play 80 minutes, and at the moment at least they're all on minimal dough. I see Sam moving to the front row and at least one of the twins being moved on.

I know that I don't know, but I believe our future is bright.