What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to talk turkey...

JJ

Immortal
halves are the problem IMO... Most premiership winning teams have a very high quality player in #6 or #7... Rovelli is not there yet.

That said, not making the semis would be a disappointing year... but it's a tough comp

Skinner

Coach
Problem is, fans, and particularly Warrior fans, have very high expectations of their
team, and when they come crashing down to earth, when they finish 9 or 10 or whatever,
they tend to scream for blood. Be it players, or coach or CEO or anyone in their sight line.

Better, I think, to have a stepped approach. Top 8 this season (5 - 8), top 4 in 08, premiership in 09.

That way, you have 3 seasons to build the moment (and the team).

Cheers

-Dr.J-

Juniors
We need to also remember that we will be weaker defensively with Witt in the line on the flank. Meaning we will need a defensive lock and some bigger centres. I don't think Tony Martin should be there anymore, Jerome to the centres please. He is a sound defender and will help bolster our flanks which solidified last season (apart from Tony Martin getting fended in the chest a handful of times and made to look like a ragdoll)

ozbash

Referee
Witt in the line on the flank nooooooooooooooooo

we will need a defensive lock Mr L. Swann esq

Jerome to the centres please nooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't think Tony Martin should be there anymore yep, i,ll go along with that but he should be replaced with cooper vuna ?

bluey

Bench
Skinner said:
Problem is, fans, and particularly Warrior fans, have very high expectations of their
team, and when they come crashing down to earth, when they finish 9 or 10 or whatever,
they tend to scream for blood. Be it players, or coach or CEO or anyone in their sight line.

Better, I think, to have a stepped approach. Top 8 this season (5 - 8), top 4 in 08, premiership in 09.

That way, you have 3 seasons to build the moment (and the team).

Cheers

Agreed the problem is every team in the comp is building to win a comp.
My team the sharks have been buildi for 40 years, hope you guys dont have to wait that long.:oops:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
We will play with a lot of effort and heart, be as boring as hell, finish 8th and lose in the 1st week of the finals.

Reasons for the "failure"? Well, errrmmm, we really only have about the 10th or 11th best squad in the comp on paper, so it's not a failure at all.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
We will play with a lot of effort and heart, be as boring as hell, finish 8th and lose in the 1st week of the finals.

Reasons for the "failure"? Well, errrmmm, we really only have about the 10th or 11th best squad in the comp on paper, so it's not a failure at all.

I agree on that at least, with Martin and Byrne in the centres i fear for our penetration. Defence and grit alone dont win premierships, you need creativity and strikepower as well.

Latest posts