What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timmins at 5/8???

bucko

Juniors
What the hell's going on here?? These origin selectors really baffle me sometimes. They've left Anasta out and stuck Timmins(a recognised lock and centre who's been injured for the past 2 years) at 5/8!! I think it's a joke. Also O Hara didn't make it, and I thought he was a dead set shoe in, and on the QLD team, Schifofske's been shafted. What's going on???

Anonymous

Juniors
Well what would the selection be without a bit of controversy?

Timmins played at five eighth a few weeks ago and was the best player on the field. Someone must have noticed.

It seems like a strange selection but I'm glad Anasta isn't there.

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
I remmeber someone saying phil gould has a soft spot for the dragons. Disgrasful, but they are soon too learn their lessons.

Anonymous

Juniors
Mr BuLLdOgS said:
I remmeber someone saying phil gould has a soft spot for the dragons. Disgrasful, but they are soon too learn their lessons.

LOL... ah yeah, thats why the team is full of Knights and Easts players.
The only supporters who should be pissed off are Raiders supporters.

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
im Just pissed off at the fact that origin is wrecked due to selectors. im not saying their had to be bulldogs players int he team. Fair enough they didnt want anasta. Put scott hill in their or any other five eigth not a player that has been injured for a year and played 2 games in that position. It just seems really unfair.
a lot of dissapointments in the NSW side and shifcoski not getting picked in QLD is just disgraceful as well. I think its about time i gave up on league and just sat in a corner so i dont have to heare all the bullshit that im hearing in the news these bloody days.

Anonymous

Juniors
I thought Scott Hill would get in and I thought there would be at least a couple of Raiders players there.

In a way, its testimony to a well coached side when they are leading the comp but don't have any players selected for rep.

Although, it doesn't happen often.

sydraider

First Grade
I CANNOT STRESS HOW MUCH THE SELECTION OF TIMMINS AT 5/8 IS TOTAL BULLSHIT, I CAN SEE THE DALEY INFLUENCE IN THERE SOMEWHAT NOW HE HAS DECLARED HIMSELF PRETTY MUCH A DRAGON AND FORGOTEN HIS PAST. I WOULD HAVE HAD HILL IF ANASTA IS OUT OF FORM, I CANT BELIEVE THIS CRAP. :evil: AND WHY THE HELL WASNT EL MASRI PICKED AS WELL AS OHARA, I JUST DONT GET IT

Moffo

Referee
Timmins will go down as the largest and most immobile 5/8 in S.O.O history. It will put too much pressure on Johns, Timmins is just not a playmaker, which is what the 5/8 HAS to be in S.O.O

They might as well have picked Ray Martin at 5/8

:roll:

My only question, whats wrong with Presto or Gower?

Cheers,
Moffo

Anonymous

Juniors
sydraider said:
I CANNOT STRESS HOW MUCH THE SELECTION OF TIMMINS AT 5/8 IS TOTAL BULLSHIT, I CAN SEE THE DALEY INFLUENCE IN THERE SOMEWHAT NOW HE HAS DECLARED HIMSELF PRETTY MUCH A DRAGON AND FORGOTEN HIS PAST. I WOULD HAVE HAD HILL IF ANASTA IS OUT OF FORM, I CANT BELIEVE THIS CRAP. :evil: AND WHY THE HELL WASNT EL MASRI PICKED AS WELL AS OHARA, I JUST DONT GET IT

Is that why you're shouting about it? :lol:

This is turning into one big whinge-fest if I ever saw it. You'd think it was the first time that there was a controversial selection.

I think Timmins at 5/8 could be just the tonic to turn the odds around.

Anonymous

Juniors
Mr BuLLdOgS said:
Trust a dragons supporter to say that willow :roll:
Excuse me? You mean as opposed to what Bulldogs supporters are 'trusted' to say. Don't be silly, it has nothing to do with which team I support.

It just so happens that this same stuff happens every year. Occasionally, the selectors get it right and other times they get shown up as complete fools. Nature of the business.
If you knew that, you wouldnt put it down to which team I support.

If I considered my team first, I would be calling for Anasta and half the Bulldogs and Raiders teams to go out and get smashed while keeping Bailey, Timmins and Ryles back at St George. I know its good experience for these guys but we always seem to lose players after every rep game.

As it turns out, I have seen Timmins play at 5/8 a few weeks ago and he was the best player on the field that day.

I don't know for sure how he'll go in Origin I but I'm not going to call it a disgrace because I can see what the selectors are trying to do.

bucko

Juniors
Moffo said:
Timmins will go down as the largest and most immobile 5/8 in S.O.O history. It will put too much pressure on Johns, Timmins is just not a playmaker, which is what the 5/8 HAS to be in S.O.O

They might as well have picked Ray Martin at 5/8

:roll:

My only question, whats wrong with Presto or Gower?

Cheers,
Moffo

Exactly right Moffo. You need a playmaker at 5/8. Johns can't shoulder all of the playmaking aspect on his own. And that is a very good question too, Preston Campbell is definately the form 5/8 at the moment so why not go with him??

Moffo

Referee
Exactly right. The lock would usually be the other playmaker in a team, but look who we have....ricketson!

Gidley is a centre so his involvement in the play is limited. We need someone other than Johns out there in the centre of the field making plays. I hope they start with Wing at 5/8 instead of timmins, i know its a long shot, but who knows

Cheers,
Moffo

beast

Juniors
Is Timmins a good defender?..I have not seen a lot of Saints play and am assuming Gould is palnning a very defensive game and letting Johns get in close for his kicking game.

bucko

Juniors
Timmins isn't the worst defender, he doesn't miss too many tackles. But he's no Laurie Daley. I think we just need more of a playmaker at 5/8. And Moffo's right about Ricko at lock. Just another forward.....much like the role Timmins will play.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well Timmo was everywhere tonight.

He came on and took the knocks for the first 15 minutes - the stiff-arms were everywhere... and then Wing came into pivot with Timmo moving to Lock.. it was all very calculated and well thought out by Gould.

Braith would have been eaten alive.

Cupid Stunt

And Barrett wouldnt have been to far behind Bwaithy. I'm a fan of Timmins but will admit being a little sceptical at his positioning, but after watching him play I'd gladly give him the same role next round.

Latest posts