What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timmins.. Backrow or Centres + Player Coverage

TRANSLATION

Juniors
For mine, He should be playing in the Forwards.
He should only be used in the Centres, when he is needed.

Gasnier - Cooper are a great Defensive and offensive Centres.

Blacklock and Creag/Frew/WES/youngquest/Asotasi are going to vy for the other wing position.

I Would like to see Timmo in the backrow.

Riddell
Timmo
Thommo
Bailey
Withers
Ryles
-------------
Sims
Long
Kite
Young
------------

We have players in our squad that can cover most position with relative ease.

Riddell can play - Lock/ Backrow/ Hooker
Timmo can play- Lock/Backrow/Centre/5-8/Wing
Kite can play - Lock/ Backrow/Prop/Centre
Ryles can play- Backrow/Prop/Halfback :lol: :lol: :lol:
Young Can play - Lock/Backrow/ Hooker
Withers can play - 5-8/half/lock/hooker
Long- Backrow/Prop
Sims - backrow/Prop

We dont need to play backs on the bench anymore. as we have guys that can cover .
I would be playing 4 Forwards on the bench all year. Focus on Dominating and sharing the workload to get maximum quality out of our forwards.

In the Backs

Hornby - Fullback/Centre/Five Eight/ Half/ Lock/ hooker
Tingha- Fullback/Wing
Gasnier - Fullback/Centre/Wing
Cooper- Fullback/Centre/Wing
Creah - Centre/Winger
Baz - 5-8/Half/Centre/Lock/Backrow
Firman Halfback

Southernsaint

Staff member
Playing Timmins in the backrow is definently an option I'd prefer in the future (2005 onwards) but not with immediate effect. I think we need some discipline & experience in the back line at the moment & he'd provide that as we look to finaly have a decent start to the season.

Like you said, Stgillaman, the fact that almost every player in the squad can play more than one position will be a real advantage over a long season, with the inevitable injuries.

G

gorilla

Timmins is essential at lock for prenmiership hopes. He can cover the halves as well as the short side - he is a great defensive player and we shouldn't wreck his knees by playing him at centre.
Let Gaz/Coopper(or whoever) cover the centres
Magilla

Yeh Cooper & Gaz in the centres 4 mine. The more Sean has his hands on the ball the better in my opinion. He has also deffo slowed a lil from a few yrs back & would be my starting lock & of course Mr fixit whenever the need arises. A very indespendible player.

Latest posts