What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tipping Comp. 2017.

Rich102

Staff member
Same rules as last year.
1 point for each correct pick.
1 Bonus point for getting 8 from 8. (Full rounds only)
If you pick a draw, and it is a draw at full time, 3 points.
Join in and see if you can foot it with Captain Warrior, JJ and al the other tipsters.

Everyone welcome.
I will post the first round next week.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
An idea- why not combine the tipping comp and last man standing this year? Your tip for the Warriors game counts for LMS too and if you can't be bothered with tipping all the teams you can just enter a pick for LMS.

Last edited:

ozbash

Referee
It has merit. Some tipper seen to concentrate solely on NRL tips and others LMS.

Might create a bit more interest.

6 round trial but you as tipmaster :smile: determine which game is LMS ?

Cold Roses

Juniors
Any thoughts?

Not a bad idea. The only problem I have with it is I always struggle when the weekly Warriors game is the LMS game. Head and Heart and all that. I've always thought it would be better to feature a game between other more reasonably matched teams? Then I won't have to feel like I'm betraying the boys when I tip against them :smile:

Rich102

Staff member
Having thought about it further, and agreeing it seems a good idea, I think it would be better to keep them separate.
Some people only do LMS and it is good if it's relatively short-term. So we get 3-4 winners a year.
Tipping Comp is more serious.
Just my thoughts.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Some people only do LMS and it is good if it's relatively short-term. So we get 3-4 winners a year.
Tipping Comp is more serious.

Good points. Given that I'm not going to be working much on weekends for the first time in forever, and I'll be seeing a shitload of games on the new Foxsports channel, I might dip my toe into the weekly tipping comp for the first time.

TheDMC

Bench
Tipping messes with my head. I choose teams I think will win, but often its not the team I want to win. And then I end up barracking for the team I tipped instead of the team I like and...sorry boring.