What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tips for newbies

this will be the first time i have entered a NRL fantasy league and was just wondering what the best types of players to choose are? I noticed that Bronson Harrison was the highest point scorer in the supercoach comp last year. Im assuming this is because of his massive amount of offloads and consistantly making 30 plus tackles and his occasional linebreak. With this in mind i have chosen a starting backrow of
Tongue
Hindmarsh
Luck

rather than say for example a backrow of
Watmough
Creagh
Gallen

Is this the right way to go? do hardworking players accumilate more points then flashy players?

Do fowards generally score more points then backs?

Any other tips that you may of noticed over the years?

watatank

Coach
Try to avoid most of the big names, especially those in the outside backs. It might be cool to have players like Folau and Inglis in your team but they won't score high for you. The only outside backs worth having are ones who are always involved like Hayne maybe Gidley but they will most likely cost a fortune.

The highest scoring players will almost always be forwards and the best halves (particularly ones who kick goals). You need to look for hard workers (i.e. players who do plenty of hitups and tackles but you should check the points system for more of an idea), players who be available every week (not always the best choice to select an Origin player). Look for backs who double up as forwards (e.g. Mannering for the Warriors will be listed as both a centre and backrower so you should select him as a centre regardless of the position he plays) But it's more than that. Stats leaders like Hindmarsh, Laffranchi will always be expensive but you gotta look for "value" buys. Bronson Harrison and David Stagg were relatively cheap (both equal about the worth of Hindmarsh and a rookie winger) and were amongst my highest scorers last year. This year they may be expensive so it might not be worth selecting them this time around but it will depend on the price.

Last edited:

Borat.

Juniors
Try to fit in as many wingers as you can- covell will be amongst the top buys this year-

Dont forget capatain gets double so- Covell or shannon mcdonnell are specials