What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiquiri and Rogers are dreaming...

pcpp

Juniors
Gold Coast is willing to pay $400,000 for Tuquri. If Brisbane don't get them, I certainly hope the GC get them.

eastsrule said:
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I wouldn't have any of them back.

They've made their beds, let 'em lie in it.

Pity that NRL pwoerbrokers and general Rugby Legaue fans don't feel that way.

Mate, I couldn't care less about any of them.

The longer they're in Union sucking the big bucks out the better.

You'll need to look after your pennies though because the FTA rights for Rugby will probably be sold to Channel 31 for $17.43 next time up.

Or, you can hold a RWC in Australia every year.

gaterooze

Bench
EA, in that vein, most of the articles on Union this week in Australia have been about what draw they have in the next World Cup -- THREE YEARS AWAY!

That cracked me up no end.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
There both doing this a yr 2 early if the 16th team was to come in then they would get paid that much there cause they would be desprate to sign a gun player who has played for aus hence lote and Gold Coast

tdcockers

Juniors
i read somewhere, maybe the courier mail in bris, that lote would seriously consider playing for the gold coast, with maybe a one year stint at the roosters next year.

ahh, here it is

Manly football manager Peter Peters said: "They are fantastic players but our priority is in different positions to which they play.

"People would look at Mat Rogers now and think he's been injured a fair bit and he's playing a game for pussycats. How would he go back in rugby league when he's had trouble finishing a Super 12 season, which is half as long?

"We just don't know what their motives are. I think it's fraught with danger . . . we are heading down other paths."

eastsrule said:
playdaball said:
Rogers as expected has resigned for the ARU. Lote will do the same very soon.

When did Rogers do that? Source please.
It is true, see the Sun Herald today. I typed up a bit in the Sharks forum:

"I told the ARU yesterday I want to be a rugby player for the next 3 years.

"I changed my mind at least 10 times because, while I haver won a World Cup in league, I have never won a premiership with the club I love - the Sharks.

"Weighing up my options I felt the Sharks were in a rebuilding phase and by the time they were ready to challenge to win the comp I may have been phased out as an old-timer. That's not to say that Cronulla won't challenge in the coming years, but it was a risk I wasn't really ready to take."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like he has not signed yet, but he intends to.

He also says he has changed his mind 10 times.

The fat lady has not sung on this one yet.

Lets hope for the Sharks sake Rogers is watching union on the sideline next season.

Oh, he'll sign for them, but he wont play. He's an injury prone little bitch!

rugged

Juniors
It's in today's paper (Sunday Mail) that Rogers has re-signed for rugby until 2007).

Everyone just talks up the prospect of going to the other code to get a better price for themselves.