What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans about to name a PROVEN rookie coach....while we are stuck with our own rookie in Mary

grouch

First Grade
When they won the premiership, they weren't boring and stodgy.

Manly and souths both played exciting footy.

But like players, some coaches have use by dates and lose form.

Losing form like Isaac Luke, Tuiveshek, Aaron Woods, etc.

I would not want Hasler or Madge, they have become boring coaches as time has go on.

Madge has been out of form for 3 yrs and Des is going slowly insane.
Yeah.. and Bellamy is overrated

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Ahhh...but A rookie coach who has proven himself....a rookie who has won decent comps....not just a local comp like Mary did.

A rookie coach who talks and analyses games like he knows what he is doing.

A rookie coach wit runs on the board.

A smart coach.

And a coach who beat many other coaches to the role.

Mary had to beat no one....it was handed to him.

Can you name one great coach who was never once a rookie coach?

Mary is no rookie.....he is ####

You make fair comment there, OY.
As you were.
OKB

Life's Good

Coach
When does someone stop being a rookie coach? How much longer are we going to categories McGregor as a rookie?

In my mind, whilst he is a rookie coach, he needs to be shielded from the demands of success. Surely, he is now beyond the Rookie stage and his teams performances must represent this value.

Further, didn't he state last year that he had the team he wanted? we didn't make the semi-finals and didn't have a bad run of injuries.

So true. Thing is he won’t step down and he didn’t reappoint himself. In a way I can understand Mary just going about things without a care in the world because there isnt much, if any, pressure being applied from above. Mary will be a scapegoat ONLY when the board decide to act in the interests of ‘pursuing success’. Until then we are successful given no noise about finishing 9th with just about the biggest fade in NRL history.

ouryear

Juniors
McGregor is no longer a rookie coach. just a totally inept one.
Doust and the Board are also inept as well as self serving. some MUST know McGregor is incompetent but propose to do nothing about it. How the bloody hell could they reappoint the goose back in April.
I think because they don't care if we finish 11th or 1st.....They care about other things....un bloody fortunately.I

giboz71

First Grade
I’m not one to attack Mark, but it’s clear we can do better. In the last year, Cleary, Hasler, Maguire and Henry have all been available. All would have been upgrades, in most cases, a huge upgrade.

As a fan, I’m sick of always scratching around the edge of the 8. If we can take steps to be better, we need to do it.

So again I ask, why is Mary in the job whilst Maguire, Hasler and Henry remain on the market?

ouryear

Juniors
I’m not one to attack Mark, but it’s clear we can do better. In the last year, Cleary, Hasler, Maguire and Henry have all been available. All would have been upgrades, in most cases, a huge upgrade.

As a fan, I’m sick of always scratching around the edge of the 8. If we can take steps to be better, we need to do it.

So again I ask, why is Mary in the job whilst Maguire, Hasler and Henry remain on the market?
I would not take any of those 3.
I am pretty sure the 3 of them all meet with Mary every week to discuss their game plans......They all have the same boring game plan....and just hit it up and a 5th kick philosophy.

They all stink.

We can do farrrrr better.

giboz71

First Grade
I would not take any of those 3.
I am pretty sure the 3 of them all meet with Mary every week to discuss their game plans......They all have the same boring game plan....and just hit it up and a 5th kick philosophy.

They all stink.

We can do farrrrr better.

Who?

ouryear

Juniors
They won't sack Mary, well not unless we go 2/10 or thereabouts in the first 12 weeks.

But.....if Mary went now, seriously, looking who is available and who might become available in 2019, right now, I would give JD a one year contract with 3 more in the clubs favour.

It's no fluke that the Panthers nsw cup coach just got the titans job in front of Madge and many others.

But I would not lock 3 years in with Madge, Hasler or Henry.
There is a reason why they were sacked.

It will just be more of the same with those guys.

But JD, he has ideas that work!

But it's pointless.....Mary has at least the first 12 to 16 weeks.....it will have to go very bad for him to go......unfortunately

giboz71

First Grade
They won't sack Mary, well not unless we go 2/10 or thereabouts in the first 12 weeks.

But.....if Mary went now, seriously, looking who is available and who might become available in 2019, right now, I would give JD a one year contract with 3 more in the clubs favour.

It's no fluke that the Panthers nsw cup coach just got the titans job in front of Madge and many others.

But I would not lock 3 years in with Madge, Hasler or Henry.
There is a reason why they were sacked.

It will just be more of the same with those guys.

But JD, he has ideas that work!

But it's pointless.....Mary has at least the first 12 to 16 weeks.....it will have to go very bad for him to go......unfortunately

A 3rd rookie coach to follow Price and Mary? Does definition of insanity ring any bells?

Brown didn’t succeed as a rookie coach, neither did Price and neither will Mary. Just doesn’t work for us. Waite and Bennett are pretty clear examples of what can happen if an experienced proven coach comes in.

JD can coach don’t get me wrong, but even though Hasler and Maguire went stale at their old clubs, but they are proven premiership coaches. They just suddenly haven’t forgotten to coach. Either one of these 2 would make us massively better.

ouryear

Juniors
A 3rd rookie coach to follow Price and Mary? Does definition of insanity ring any bells?

Brown didn’t succeed as a rookie coach, neither did Price and neither will Mary. Just doesn’t work for us. Waite and Bennett are pretty clear examples of what can happen if an experienced proven coach comes in.

JD can coach don’t get me wrong, but even though Hasler and Maguire went stale at their old clubs, but they are proven premiership coaches. They just suddenly haven’t forgotten to coach. Either one of these 2 would make us massively better.

So if Mary was coaching south's last year and came 9th, like we did, as he is now an experienced coach....you would sign Mary because he was coaching another club ....and is experienced.

Sort of doesn't make sense.

You believe that experience beats everything?

Madge and hasler are experienced, they still coached like shit, finished behind Mary....But hey...let's sign them because once.upon a time they won something?

You really think titans chose Brennan over Madge because why?

A rookie over Madge?!

Because the titans have figured out that experience does not equate to success...it is based on the right man for the job.

Hasler and Madge are finished...madge may get the SOO job.... but I think Freddy will get it as Gould and John's will come in.

Back to JD...Much better than those experienced has beens

BennyV

Referee
Madge didn't get the Titans job because there was no confirmation over the new owner. Madge wanted the certainty, and Titans weren't willing to pay his asking Price in case the new owner wanted to go in a different direction.

giboz71

First Grade
So if Mary was coaching south's last year and came 9th, like we did, as he is now an experienced coach....you would sign Mary because he was coaching another club ....and is experienced.

Sort of doesn't make sense.

You believe that experience beats everything?

Madge and hasler are experienced, they still coached like shit, finished behind Mary....But hey...let's sign them because once.upon a time they won something?

You really think titans chose Brennan over Madge because why?

A rookie over Madge?!

Because the titans have figured out that experience does not equate to success...it is based on the right man for the job.

Hasler and Madge are finished...madge may get the SOO job.... but I think Freddy will get it as Gould and John's will come in.

Back to JD...Much better than those experienced has beens

Ummm...Hasler is a multiple premiership winner. Made 2 GF’s at the Dogs. Maguire not only won a premiership with Souths, but he’s won a comp in Super League as well.

How you think a coach who has zero NRL experience is a better option than these 2 is beyond me?

ouryear

Juniors
Ummm...Hasler is a multiple premiership winner. Made 2 GF’s at the Dogs. Maguire not only won a premiership with Souths, but he’s won a comp in Super League as well.

How you think a coach who has zero NRL experience is a better option than these 2 is beyond me?
It's called FORM.
They have been out of form for years.

Let's sign Choc mundine...he USED to be good.

They are dead set has beens mate.

Better to wait if that's the case.

JD will never and i repeat never come back, why on earth would he when he was basically thrown under the Bus by McGregor the arrogant merkin.

When you have a guy who couldn't even run his own business correctly and isn't well liked by so many people in the Illawarra league community he seems to hang around like a fly hovering over a giant turd.

Ouryear who on earth would the club be waiting for I'd like to know and if you say Bellamy I will just laugh at you.

71saintsimon

Juniors
McGregor is no rookie no Coach his just a hoax that does what his told by the endangered species old dinasour doust , think why has doust only ever employed water boys to Coach and think why he only gave Bennett 3 yrs when he wanted 5 ? The answer is simple water boys shut up and take there orders and keep the dinosaurs employed

Latest posts