What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans finally sold by the NRL

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Not exactly an inspiring choice, but we'll see how they do...

I dunno how they go at running a club (leading it into bankruptcy doesnt make me feel too confident), but i hope they pick up their game with the branding.

Since they took over, they have had god knows how many jerseys and god knows how many more random shades of blue as their "colour". Just pick one, for f*ck sake!!!!

Billythekid

First Grade
It's a good thing that the NRL have finally offloaded the Titans but I can't say I'm a fan of their decision. They haven't shown themselves to be that capable at running the club and they turned down big money to go with them. I understand wanting stability but the last few years have hardly been stable at the Titans.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
It's a good thing that the NRL have finally offloaded the Titans but I can't say I'm a fan of their decision. They haven't shown themselves to be that capable at running the club and they turned down big money to go with them. I understand wanting stability but the last few years have hardly been stable at the Titans.

Was it this mobs decision to sign Hayne? (I know Henry wasnt a fan, so i dont know who else it could have been)

For that alone, they should have been blacklisted.

Seriously though, i would have had more faith in the Bombers group or the former Broncos guy to take the club in a better direction. With these guys, more of the same seems inevitable.

taipan

Referee
Was it this mobs decision to sign Hayne? (I know Henry wasnt a fan, so i dont know who else it could have been)

For that alone, they should have been blacklisted.

Seriously though, i would have had more faith in the Bombers group or the former Broncos guy to take the club in a better direction. With these guys, more of the same seems inevitable.

No it was the guy from the Luxury Travel,Trip A Deal.
This mob certainly Frizelle are ,domiciled on the G.C kept the club going when it got in to sh*tter's ditch,with the backing of the NRL.
The new Tit's Chairman is a former Broncos head honcho, who has a decent track record.I'm more comfortable with these genuine business people who have stuck by the club, than a Palmer,Tinkler or A Christopher Skase with bucket loads of cash.
The Bomber's group had to rely on aping the title of the Essendon club,that's how original they were.

King hit

Coach
The Titans are so lucky that the NRL always bails them out. If it wasn't for them the Gold Coast graveyard would have another headstone.

Diesel

Referee
Isn’t this the same group, (or some of the group) that ran the Titans into the ground?

macavity

Referee
Reading between the lines from what the Bears have said post-sale, there was no legitimate "bid process" - it was set up so only those currently involved were any shot at bidding.

Canard

Immortal
Reading between the lines from what the Bears have said post-sale, there was no legitimate "bid process" - it was set up so only those currently involved were any shot at bidding.

It seems more likely the Bears have little in the way of cash.

taipan

Referee
Isn’t this the same group, (or some of the group) that ran the Titans into the ground?

The Titans were run into the ground with the Centre of Excellence debacle and the huge loan involved.The 2008 Global Financial Crisis meant tradies were not getting paid on time ,and the contractor was also a late payer and the contractor blamed the Titans and the Titans blamed the contractor.
The Titans name was mud, which had a flow on effect for crowd support and support within the community.
Frizzelle and the others stepped it to try and stem the flow and bring back community support, whilst it was still bleeding money.Think their name has been restored somewhat, it;'s just their crappy efforts in the latter part of this year, that pulled them back.

beave

Coach
Plus Searle nearly doubled the cost of a corporate box at the stadium and a lot of corporates walked away from the club.

axl rose

Bench
Have to agree with Phil Gould on this one, that they are doomed staying on the Coast. They will go broke again in 5 years and inevitably relocate up the road or make way for a 2nd Brisbane team. Hope I'm wrong and the NRL can have 4 teams in QLD but I cant see it.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not exactly a clean slate but let’s hope lessons have been learnt and the new owners can turn it into a great club with a long term future. The early years and 20k crowds showed the potential if they can get it right.

Eelectrica

Referee
Have to agree with Phil Gould on this one, that they are doomed staying on the Coast. They will go broke again in 5 years and inevitably relocate up the road or make way for a 2nd Brisbane team. Hope I'm wrong and the NRL can have 4 teams in QLD but I cant see it.
League will be successfull on the coast. The support is here. It's a league town as was seen when the Titans were first started.

We now have people in charge who know the area, are smart business people and want the Titans to succeed.

Latest posts