What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans finally sold by the NRL

Not exactly an inspiring choice, but we'll see how they do...

I dunno how they go at running a club (leading it into bankruptcy doesnt make me feel too confident), but i hope they pick up their game with the branding.

Since they took over, they have had god knows how many jerseys and god knows how many more random shades of blue as their "colour". Just pick one, for f*ck sake!!!!

They should be sticking to this shade of blue and gold.

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 11.04.08 am.png

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Have to agree with Phil Gould on this one, that they are doomed staying on the Coast. They will go broke again in 5 years and inevitably relocate up the road or make way for a 2nd Brisbane team. Hope I'm wrong and the NRL can have 4 teams in QLD but I cant see it.

Nah, this is the first time the GC team has gone bankrupt. Everything previous was just a change of ownership (like Rusty taking over Souths and Wests taking over Newcastle). The difference was that each time, they changed the name...

The Titans had a bad time under snake-oil Searle, but thats about the extent of it.

Saying any GC team is doomed because of these few events is like saying no team can survive in Newcastle because of Tinkler or no team can survive in Sydney because of Balmain...

DlEHARD

Juniors
Nah, this is the first time the GC team has gone bankrupt. Everything previous was just a change of ownership (like Rusty taking over Souths and Wests taking over Newcastle). The difference was that each time, they changed the name...

The Titans had a bad time under snake-oil Searle, but thats about the extent of it.

Saying any GC team is doomed because of these few events is like saying no team can survive in Newcastle because of Tinkler or no team can survive in Sydney because of Balmain...

True. Thanks for pointing that out to the peanut gallery.

beave

Coach
Was Searle really a snake oil salesman?? I know he was in charge when everything went to shit but that CoE was his idea and was ultimatley his/the clubs downfall financiallly, but he wasn’t to know of the upcoming GFC and the financial strain it would put on the club. If anything he was too ambitious by trying to build the CoE (what is every club in the NRL trying to build now???? But with Gov money........)

I just think he would have been better off trying to get a leages club up and running and using that as an alternate financial source but even that is a challenge when picking an area of the GC to base yourself out of.

There’s f**k all out near the stadium, put it there and it only makes decent money on game night, put it out in the burbs and its too far away from the stadium to make coin on gameday........

TBH the stadium is probably in the wrong spot but that is on th gov and I can see why they put it where it is. GC is an important area for the game, we really need that club to kick on and live up to the potential it was showing in those early years (18k plus crowd averages).

kdalymc

Bench
Put all your money into a product. It goes up the shitter. Lose 5m and the NRL buy it off you. Buy it back.

I don’t get it?

Latest posts