What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans Squad for trial v Storm

Shorty

Staff member
I think it's just because Storm has an unusually almost full strength squad compared that's fired people up.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Do you have an estimate on how many people are 'fired up' by this apparent outrageous state of affairs?

Shorty

Staff member
Why are you trying to argue with me?
Someone posted people calling up a radio station upset,are people not allowed to be disappointed? Geez!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cowgirl86 said:
Why are you trying to argue with me?
Ummm, well this is a debate and I disagree with you... is that OK? I mean, that being the basis of debate and all. I understand that you're arguing with me as well? lol
But fear not because I'm not rattled by that. Perhaps you're having trouble accepting that there is a different view to your own.

Debate can be a healthy thing, and I hope I don't have to explain that this is one of the reasons why people join in discussions.

Cowgirl86 said:
Someone posted people calling up a radio station upset,are people not allowed to be disappointed?
I don't count a few people ringing a talkback radio station (where calls are screened for that purpose) or a couple of disgruntled folk on internet forums as being definitive proof that there being a majority of disappointed people in Coffs Harbour. On the contrary, it seems that tickets were sill being purchased after the teams were announced.
Unless something drastic happens, I expect a big turnout on the night.

On that point alone, I think your argument can be challenged.
Cowgirl86 said:
Indeed.

DeeGan

Bench
The game I am told is sold out - hmm ... the "disappointed" people of Coffs Harbour haven't really voted with their feet here have they?

As expected, a good portion of Coffs residents will be on hand to watch some NRL action featuring the reigning minor premieres Melbourne and new boys the Gold Coast Titans, the club a lot of Coffs Harbour fans will adopt as their own seeing as though they are in our catchment area.

Thankfully the game is nearly upon us ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
DeeGan, any truth in the rumour that the Storm forfeited after realising it is only a trial?

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah whatever,so when is the game being played isn't it today has it finished or what?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
f**k. What a couple of sad sacks. lol
Buy a sense of humour kids.

The game is playing tonight 7:30 NSW time Cowgirl. I'll post a link to a half time update as it comes in.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Titans are in. Must be close to half time.

C Walker try
C Walker goal

Storm 12-6

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Half time summary:
The Storm definitely put their first string team on the park. On Turner's first touch of the ball, he decided to go up the middle of the ruck and was smashed.
But the Storm were looking sharp and generally fired up.
The Titans' poor handling is letting them down a bit but they are scrambling well in defence.

Father Ted

First Grade
Willow said:
Half time summary:
The Storm definitely put their first string team on the park. On Turner's first touch of the ball, he decided to go up the middle of the ruck and was smashed.
But the Storm were looking sharp and generally fired up.
The Titans' poor handling is letting them down a bit but they are scrambling well in defence.

Is Bailey playing and how is he going ?

lotti

Bench
well, well, well the little Titans got beaten by the team who has the symbol of Zeus on their jerseys.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lotti, you're a fair weather troll who doesn't even know which team to support. Whatever you do, don't start barracking for the Dragons.

On the more notable contribution, and despite the chicken little concerns about the sky falling in, apparently it was great atmosphere in Coffs tonight. Great occasion for everyone and they even got the Mexican Wave happening. Sounds like a few doomsayers need to revisit their saccharrin sweet concerns for the good people of Coffs Harbour.

Latest posts