What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans Team > June 30

Redback71

First Grade
in the bulletin and they said something about a lessor player as well which must of been swain.

im not sure if the prop is a aussie playing overseas or not. the reporter just said hes a major signing who plays in the front row and is applying his trade overseas.

was ment to be announced on friday

Big Mick

Referee
Redback71 said:
who is this major prop where ment to be signing from overseers was ment to be announced today

I think it could be one of the following:

* Paul Rauhihi
* Ali Lauitiiti
* Danny Nutley
* Danny Ward
* Jason Cayless

Iafeta

Referee
I don't think it'd be Lauitiiti - for a start he's a backrower, and secondly, he has openly stated he'd never play in the NRL opposing the Warriors.

Big Mick

Referee
Iafeta...he's been playing a bit of prop for Leeds from what i've seen..

Knights...Fielden has 1 year running on his contract.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
If they announced it was Jason cayless i'd probably need a new pair of pants... that front row would be AWESOME!! If it was fielden (which i have my doubts) then.. wow.

Of the younger guys in our development squad, do any of them looking ready to be stepping up to the plate for the 2007 nrl season? I know we have a couple of good young backrowers and a good young fullback, will they be there?

BrisVegas

Juniors
Redback71 said:
in the bulletin and they said something about a lessor player as well which must of been swain.

im not sure if the prop is a aussie playing overseas or not. the reporter just said hes a major signing who plays in the front row and is applying his trade overseas.

Written in the Blindside news section of the Sunday Mail:

Blindesides operatives in England (they're everywhere you know) report that the Gold Coast Titans are indeed chasing an English-based former Brisbane Bronco for next season - but it's not Micheal DeVere.

Bradford Bull Brad Meyers is the one being targeted by the Titans, mostly due to the knock-on effect of Micheal Hagan joining Parramatta next year.

How So? Well, everyone knows that Hagan's imminent arrival at the Eels resulted in Brian Smith tossing in the towel a couple of weeks ago.

Three days latter, Smith was on a plane to England to pick up some work with his former club Bradford, giving him something to do until this season finished so he can start work with the Knights.

While in Bradford, ever smilin' Smithy has been doing his best to get a deal for his former Eels student Glenn Morrison to play at Odsal Stadium next year.

Bradford, looking to find room in its overseas player quota, has been toying with the idea of releasing Meyers.

If the deals were to fall into place, "Big Red" would have plenty of appeal for a Titans scrum that already boasts Luke Bailey, Anthony Laffranchi and the Gold Coast's latest Penrith recruit Luke Swain.

Meyers exploded into representative footy with Queensland's Origin class of 2001, going all the way to the Australian team.

But he fell off the radar just as quickly after a bad high tackle in a Test against the Kiwis drained him of his confidence.

That confidence has been rebuilt after a few sucsessful seasons - including a premiership and World Club Challenge win - and at 26, he is still young enough to try again in the NRL.

Daza_06

Juniors
He and Carlaw were on fire in the backrow or on the bench and both were in the QLD and Australian sides at one stage. Carlaw has gone down hill since then dont know how Meyers is doin. dont think he could be any worse than Carlaw

BrisVegas

Juniors
BrisVegas said:

While in Bradford, ever smilin' Smithy has been doing his best to get a deal for his former Eels student Glenn Morrison to play at Odsal Stadium next year.

Bradford, looking to find room in its overseas player quota, has been toying with the idea of releasing Meyers.

Glenn Morrison signed a 3 year deal with Bradford today, making the first half of this rumor a reality.

Perhaps Meyers to the Titans is as good as a done deal?

BrisVegas

Juniors
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyle...RY_NAME=rleague/06/05/29/RUGBYL_Bradford.html

Meanwhile, former Brisbane Broncos second rower Meyers will return home at the end of the season for personal reasons after two years at Odsal.

"I have some responsibilities back home that I have to start taking but I have really enjoyed my stay at Bradford," he said.

"I am really glad I came over and it's been a part of my life I'll never forget. It has also given me back my love of football and I wish the club every success in the future."

Looking likely Brad Meyers will be joining the Titans.

Redback71

First Grade

so meyers must of been who the article i mentioned was talkin about

Kingytek

Juniors
1. Richie Mathers
2. Matt Petersen
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Myers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Luke Swain
13. Luke O'Dwyer

I think after the June 30 Deadline we will be chasing about 5 backs (2 first grade centres to fill the 3&4 Jersey) and about 9 forwards to make up the Top 25. What I dont know is how many players will Titans bring up from the feeders to make the 25.

Vicious

Bench
Kingytek said:
1. Richie Mathers
2. Matt Petersen
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Myers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Luke Swain
13. Luke O'Dwyer

I think after the June 30 Deadline we will be chasing about 5 backs (2 first grade centres to fill the 3&4 Jersey) and about 9 forwards to make up the Top 25. What I dont know is how many players will Titans bring up from the feeders to make the 25.

I reckon Dane Carlaw would fit nicely into that side, possibly pushing Luke Swain to the bench ???

Kingytek

Juniors
Danes been linked with Penrith. I used to rate him but I think he's a bit of a passenger these days!!!!

Big Mick

Referee
had a great start to the season.

Just needs to get fit.

He's a sh*tload better than Luke O'Dwyer and Luke Swain

Palms

Juniors
So you would have Petterson as your starting winger? I think he is a bit suspect under pressure situations and from the games Ive seen Parra play this year, was rightfully dropped.

Laffranchi has been playing some good solid football this year. As of late his defence in the rucks has been strong and hard and he is starting to develope his running game, so you guys nabbed him at the right time from us. Your halves pairing are unpredictable and unpredictability in a football side is great. Prince will run the shop while Preston will create damage with his running game. I'm looking forward to seeing how Cartwright will use these two.

Can anyone tell me much about Richie Mathers?

Latest posts