What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TLDR - R5 v Hindy111's Panthers

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't waste your time with Pou Bear on such issues...he's VB or kill me kind of guy, which his response to this kind of confirms.
Actually I just found some of this in a bottle shop and I'm loving it:

ViewDTEFile.jpg

VB for wankers? Maybe. And I don't even know what's in it. f**ken yum but

Yeah fair enough. My mate and I were into a period of "double strength" so we were trying to create alcohol over flavour...hence some 7.5% Irish Stouts, 8.8% Porters and above 10% Ciders...

We've realised our errors and now back to quality rather than quantity of alcohol..

Having said that, we made some awesome dark/black beers... But you can only have 'one' of each at any given time... we've decided that those beers are like a 'desert beer' to top of your night.
Chocolate and coffee are great ingredients to mask high ABV in a stout. So is lactose and oats. Ever "jacked" your cider?

eels_fan

First Grade
So I guess we can take it that Evans is fit to play, so who will he replace. I hope it’s Scott and not Terepo/Williams

You''re going to have to expand WTF both of these sentences mean
Lactose is a sugar found in milk. You can buy it in powder form at the brew shop. It does not ferment . It's what makes a milk stout a milk stout. The oats you just steep like a specialty grain.
Jacking your cider involves putting some in a plastic bottle(with a bit of headspace) and freezing it rock solid. Then take the lid off and invert the bottle over another container. Like inside a tall jug or something. The alcohol will melt before the water does and you'll get about 1/3 the volume of the bottle but much stronger in abv and flavour. You can do this with any grog you can manage to freeze. Depends on ABV and freezer temp. You could make a porty kinda sherry from red wine e.g.
Edit: Should have mentioned that you wait until there is pretty much just ice in the donor bottle. it will be pretty much white and frozen. then your done. you can do it again if your freezer is a f**kn beauty.

Chipmunk

Coach
Lactose is a sugar found in milk. You can buy it in powder form at the brew shop. It does not ferment . It's what makes a milk stout a milk stout. The oats you just steep like a specialty grain.
Jacking your cider involves putting some in a plastic bottle(with a bit of headspace) and freezing it rock solid. Then take the lid off and invert the bottle over another container. Like inside a tall jug or something. The alcohol will melt before the water does and you'll get about 1/3 the volume of the bottle but much stronger in abv and flavour. You can do this with any grog you can manage to freeze. Depends on ABV and freezer temp. You could make a porty kinda sherry from red wine e.g.
Edit: Should have mentioned that you wait until there is pretty much just ice in the donor bottle. it will be pretty much white and frozen. then your done. you can do it again if your freezer is a f**kn beauty.

Not sure I'd bother with the lactose setup

The jacking sounds complex and just stupid hard work.

My mate who I brew with actually put yeast in a 2 litre bottle of apple juice a while back, but he was too frightened to actually try if it worked...I would've thought it was OK. I told him to give it a go at least.

Not sure I'd bother with the lactose setup

The jacking sounds complex and just stupid hard work.

My mate who I brew with actually put yeast in a 2 litre bottle of apple juice a while back, but he was too frightened to actually try if it worked...I would've thought it was OK. I told him to give it a go at least.
I think we have jacked this thread. Lets resume this in the non footy thread eh.

Chipmunk

Coach
Evans might not be fit to play but Arthur's wants King and Matagi to get a run with Wenty.

I think we have jacked this thread. Lets resume this in the non footy thread eh.

Are we still actually turning up to play? I would've thought that with the temp at above 30 we would just give it a miss?? Surely Bernie has talked to Gus and we're just sending over our Wenty mob for the Panthers to have an opposed training run???

Eelogical

Referee

I'll take a 6 pack.