What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

to expand or not to expand

no way, what 4. We merged cause they couldnt afford 2 many teams. and we havent had much luck in th big city. The funniest thing i heard on the radio (2ky bigsports breakfast) and this has been bandied around for a while. They wont to give teams parts of the country areas, such as the rorters ill get wagga wagga. What a loud of sh!t!!!!!!!!! and what area do we get cuase we have the most jnios - or the biggest junior base (or maybe anyway) we get what!!!! if the rorters have no juniors that their problem not ours!!!!!!!!! thats why teams like st george, wests, balman, norths and manly had to merge isnt it. This was mooted ages ago that teams get areas, i say, go and root ya boo _ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigger

Juniors
A two tier competition could work with League, it just has to be structured properly. The English Premier League and first division works on the basis that football in England is the only sport, the difference in revenues between the two divisions are staggering, however a first division club in England quite often has a bigger average crowd and revenue to the top NRL teams. I believe the answer is only reduce the 2nd Tiers salary cap by 25%-35% from the first tier of the competition. TV rights will be split on the same agreed percentage. I don't have time to go further at the moment, i will post a plan in the future.

tracietiga

Juniors
No Tigger the difference in English Soccer is when you are born in a town you support that side through generations .Most second division sides in the UK can muster up bigger crowd support than the majority of nrl sides because they have the population to support it .
If we brought in relegation, the sides dropping down would die within a season .
Remember the the nrl is already heavily subsidised and a few teams would struggle without that support .
I doubt the Storm the Sharks and the Cowboys could field sides if that was the case.
How many Newtown and Norths faithful turn up to premier league games these days ,and as we all know the Tigers and Magpies struggle to get a few hundred to their matches if the WestsTigers are not on the main card .
Leave it how is and let the sides die a natural death.And only then should the Central Coast ,Gold Coast or Wellington be considered .

tracietiga

Juniors
No Tigger the difference in English Soccer is when you are born in a town you support that side through generations .Most second division sides in the UK can muster up bigger crowd support than the majority of nrl sides because they have the population to support it .
If we brought in relegation, the sides dropping down would die within a season .
Remember the the nrl is already heavily subsidised and a few teams would struggle without that support .
I doubt the Storm the Sharks and the Cowboys could field sides if that was the case.
How many Newtown and Norths faithful turn up to premier league games these days ,and as we all know the Tigers and Magpies struggle to get a few hundred to their matches if the WestsTigers are not on the main card .
Leave it how is and let the sides die a natural death.And only then should the Central Coast ,Gold Coast or Wellington be considered .

tracietiga

Juniors

Latest posts