What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today Show report bags out Rugby league

Not sure if anyone watched it about 20min ago but a today show reporter pretty much said afl is better then leagues.... how can a tv station that is the home of league say that?

Life's Good

Coach
Those morning shows are a hosted by C list wannabe celebrities. A greater circle jerk in the media you will not find. And don't get me started on Dickie Wilkins and his Botox.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Those morning shows are a hosted by C list wannabe celebrities. A greater circle jerk in the media you will not find. And don't get me started on Dickie Wilkins and his Botox.

That's all well and good and true but those C list wannabe celebrities are telecasting to millions of mums and dads weekly that believe there bullzhit.

Not sure if anyone watched it about 20min ago but a today show reporter pretty much said afl is better then leagues.... how can a tv station that is the home of league say that?

I Did see that and hardly surprising is it? The Nrl should keep a list of things broadcasters do wrong and punish them for it. Stop them from getting player interviews or stories from players. Make obvious connections with cbs/10 and make public. Etc. a host or journalist on channel 9 shouldn't be allowed to bag Nrl full stop!! Media people are tort to use there words. If they don't like the Nrl I can accept that, but surely they can be professional about it and word it better.

Nerd

Bench
No wonder Nine are struggling. How inept is their management that they would allow their staff to bag the sport that they've paid hundreds of millions of dollars for the right to televise.

Life's Good

Coach
That's all well and good and true but those C list wannabe celebrities are telecasting to millions of mums and dads weekly that believe there bullzhit.

I Did see that and hardly surprising is it? The Nrl should keep a list of things broadcasters do wrong and punish them for it. Stop them from getting player interviews or stories from players. Make obvious connections with cbs/10 and make public. Etc. a host or journalist on channel 9 shouldn't be allowed to bag Nrl full stop!! Media people are tort to use there words. If they don't like the Nrl I can accept that, but surely they can be professional about it and word it better.

I think you're selling parents short if you think that they will believe the garbage trotted out by a network which employed a pedo reporter.

Last edited:

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
I think your selling parents short if you think that they will believe the garbage trotted out by a network which employed a pedo reporter.

I don't think I am at all. If over a 2,3,4,5 yr period were people constantly hear how good sport A is going compared to sport B, even if that's not correct. Do you think parents will want to play sport A or B? This affects grassroots and young boys and girls to start playing rugby league.

Life's Good

Coach
I don't think I am at all. If over a 2,3,4,5 yr period were people constantly hear how good sport A is going compared to sport B, even if that's not correct. Do you think parents will want to play sport A or B? This affects grassroots and young boys and girls to start playing rugby league.
We have been hearing how great GWS are going and they can't fill a stadium in Sydney for a semi and they get outrated by cooking shows. This 'good sport' message doesn't seem to be helping them.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Massive Richmond fan from Ballarat.. what a shock..

Difference is a victorian journo coming to a sydney tv station, will push AFL and try and convert everyone..

A NSW journo goes to Melbourne, they kind of just try to blend in..

ek999

First Grade
1. Who gives a f**k what some journo on the Today show says.

2. Shouldn't we be happy that a journo had an unbiased opinion? We complain about biased opinions all the time.

Nah mate you got it all wrong. Everyone must praise rugby league regardless of their own personal opinion. Failure to do so means you are a Victorian no matter where you come from

Canard

Immortal
1. Who gives a f**k what some journo on the Today show says.

2. Shouldn't we be happy that a journo had an unbiased opinion? We complain about biased opinions all the time.

Is it "unbiased" though?

I'm sure there is a little "incentive" to aty things like that, like free tickets in a corp box.