What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today V The Clappers

Carch I honestly think this period has been great for us. The coach has been forced to rethink what he does & hes changed things up.
I agree with your sentiment though, but we're going real good.

Card Shark

Immortal
And thats exactly how it played out. Raiders were a deer in the headlights,

We looked the fitter & more determined.

I said to my mate at halftime I don’t mind them getting that late goal as 8 points in front, the mindset changes.

They thought the job was done & we knew we had plenty to do.

Plastered

Juniors
Just got home...was awesome being there, great atmosphere. Thought we were well and truly toast at half time, massive effort with Gal, Lewie, Wado & Boogs out.....massive.

Radio said 51 tackles by Feef, hercules!! Capewell, Seg, Val, Prior, Loots, Feki all good...but big Eddie stood out for me, big yards, dirty yards.

Card Shark

Immortal
Just got home...was awesome being there, great atmosphere. Thought we were well and truly toast at half time, massive effort with Gal, Lewie, Wado & Boogs out.....massive.

Radio said 51 tackles by Feef, hercules!! Capewell, Seg, Val, Prior, Loots, Feki all good...but big Eddie stood out for me, big yards, dirty yards.

Sure was awesome...1 of the best wins I’ve experienced.

I felt the Raiders fans thought they’d had it done @ halftime.

Shouldn’t have clapped them off...

Feefs was enormous today. Holmes was much much better and did things we have been waiting to see, but I could have sent a sniper out for him a few times.

Quigs

Immortal
Youse do realise that there was not one attempted outside inside pass to the flying No1 bloke.

Quigs

Immortal
Might just wander over and have a geek at the Ladder. Just a bit of icing for the cake.

wibble

Bench
Great win.

Obviously we had some luck with Austin going off, though their forwards clearly dominated first half and faded second as they do.

Many up and down moments, Seggy, Holmes, Moylan, Paulo all did plenty of bad and some great things too.

Fifita was quiet in yardage and damaging runs in the first half, but defended brilliantly. He was virtually unstoppable in the second half, and Holmes and Seggy carved the Raiders up all 2nd half whenever they ran. I liked Seggy getting more time, I thought both he and Brailey benefited and our dummy half work was much more dangerous than the Raider's (though they are missing Hodgson, of course, which doesn't help them).

Maybe we could play Holmes at fullback in attack, and Dugan in defense...? They are each so much better at the other part of the game than the other (if that makes sense..), it is a conundrum. But we definitely don't win without his moments of brilliance there. I think Dugan should be fullback, but certainly there is no reason Holmes can't chime in all over the field in attack. Today he went looking for the ball the whole time we were behind, and was easily the most dangerous player on the field (for both sides...)

I was super impressed with our young forwards today. Seumanufagai had his best game for us, and Williams had a great debut. Capewell looks better the more starting game time he gets.

Paulo had an up and down game but looked very dangerous when we were behind and needed something.

Not sure why everyone is bagging Moylan. That was another good game from him. He has had some terrible ones, but that was not one. Yes, he made a few errors, but he also looked the most threatening half (well, not counting Austin's good 15 minutes). And he put his body on the line in defense, which was nice to see.

Our backs were clearly harder working at making early yardage (shared it around, worked very well as a team at that, 2016 style) and it clearly gave us a momentum advantage in the last 20 minutes.

coolumsharkie

Referee
What a great win, get down on your knees and kiss the 2 starting props on the penis.

Coach also.

Great game of footy too.. Awesomeness!