What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todays Stats

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Had we had our Captain on the park, The Roosters had no way of winning. The Refs did what they could in the last 20 to push one team ahead.
5 Linebreaks to 2
16 Offloads to 5.
1750 Metres to 1520
24 Missed tackles to 40.

Penalties we lost.
Field Goal Blockers we lost.
Dugan gone for 12 mins.
Widdop no show 2nd half.

Well Done.

True_Believer

Juniors
This is it exactly. If Widdop didn't leave the field we win. Even if Duges didn't have to leave for the HIA we had a better chance of winning.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
so proud of our boys, we cant win them all and Had Widddop stayed on we would of won, Mccrone did his best, if we win half our remaining games we will be in the finals

John moz

Juniors
Great effort today i was out there that was a huge game .Firstly nightingale had again a great game at fullback they bombed him all 2nd half when dugan was off.The team today i was so proud didn't give up 2nd half without our 6 and captain widdop.

St Georgio

Juniors
I still had Red Rooster tonight, even f**king Rooster supporters were eating chicken, f**king cannibals there's another stat!

thebigredv

First Grade
Had we had our Captain on the park, The Roosters had no way of winning. The Refs did what they could in the last 20 to push one team ahead.
5 Linebreaks to 2
16 Offloads to 5.
1750 Metres to 1520
24 Missed tackles to 40.

Penalties we lost.
Field Goal Blockers we lost.
Dugan gone for 12 mins.
Widdop no show 2nd half.

Well Done.

Incredible stats. Thanks for sharing.

Looking at that you'd think we'd win by a few tries. Definitely Widdop the difference, and I do hope Mary can work some magic to keep us as competitive as these stats demonstrate in the coming weeks without our captain.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Widdop plays we win by 20.

Rorters need help from the ref to win. They will likely finish in the bottom eight. Based on that performance their not as good as what they make themselves out to be.

Dragon for life

Juniors
What an awesome game!! Brutal, watching the defence was like watching an origin match. Both teams will be feeling it this morning.

I was concerned before the game that our forwards hadn't been matched in our games so far and I new that the Roosters game was going to be a real test with the forward battle. Very happy that we went toe to toe with them. Now for Melb. Come on boys do us proud against the cheats.

kit66

Bench
I know we got our fair share of lucky calls from the ref but it seemed every time we had the Rorters pinned in their 20 in the 2nd half, the refs found a dodgy penalty to help them out. They got 2 penalties in a row that got them down field to score one of their tries - if they didn't get those penalties there was no way they would have got down there for a try. Still, great effort from our boys.

Reactions: Qdf

2010Dragons

Bench
Awesome effort from our boys!!!
Everything was stacked against us !!
Lost our captain for half the game....the boys looked lost in attack without Widdop.
Lost the DUGES for over 10 minutes, when the game was on the line.
Lost the penalty count with some really questionable calls.
Jack Deblin was dog act hit from behind TWICE ... any other game it would have been two penalties.

The storm are going to be to hard beat without a organizing half back.
Fire up Dragons !!

blacksafake

First Grade
I know we got our fair share of lucky calls from the ref but it seemed every time we had the Rorters pinned in their 20 in the 2nd half, the refs found a dodgy penalty to help them out. They got 2 penalties in a row that got them down field to score one of their tries - if they didn't get those penalties there was no way they would have got down there for a try. Still, great effort from our boys.
Exactly.
For such a tough game there were some very "soft" penalties handed out at crucial times especially against us but all the late hits off the ball were let go.

Valheru

Coach
I don't know how you guys have convinced yourselves you definitely win if Widdop keeps going let alone win 'comfortably'. You only scored one try with him on the field whilst dominating possession and position which is the exact amount you scored with him off it.

You guys definitely dominated the first part of the game up until your try but you can make all the offloads and line breaks in the world, if you don't take advantage of them they mean nothing. After the first try the roosters forwards really started to wrestle momentum back either side of half time and I am not sure Widdop changes that.

The roosters were definitely the better side in the 2nd half and lets be honest, we were on our way to a bit of an anti-climatic 12-6 result until, in typical roosters fashion, they made a mistake at their own end with 4 to go. Full credit to the dragons who took the opportunity presented to them.

We can debate the dragons no try (I forget who it was to) but it looked like it hit Fergo's head/shoulder who was between the dragons player and the goal line. The no try to Fergo due to a forward pass is let go as often as it is called also. That's not to mention we completely bombed a try at the 20 minute mark.

You should be proud of your team though, not only for yesterday's game but for the whole season thus far and I am not sure either side deserved to lose yesterday but it felt good to be on the right end of a tight ANZAC game for once!

Finally, lol @ any suggestion that there should have been a penalty for blocking runners when the field goal was kicked. Our player was fully entitled to be where he was.

Anyways, another great ANZAC game and I fully expect you all to tell me I have no clue what I am talking about the dragons would have won by 40 if Widdop stays on.... so carry on.

2010Dragons

Bench
Valheru, I don't think we were going to win 40 plus with our captain.
But we did lose because we lacked direction in attack, like a rudderless ship without a captain we were lost.

deansykes

Juniors
Roosters played well Valheru, strong team.

I think its fair to say we would have definitely challenged for the win had Widdop stayed on... we had our Lock jump in to cover which not only reduced our impact up the middle, but also meant very little direction. If the tables were turned and it was the Roosters to lose such key players at vital times, how would you see the result panning out? I don't think it would have gone to golden point.

But hey, was a great game, such heart from both teams and very enjoyable to watch. You should be proud of how your team are coming along after a temultuous start to 2016, much like we are of the Dragons.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Would have been happy with a point each. Geez I hate golden point. Especially when it innvolves Saints as they lose most of them.

Gutsy display by the boys. Hopefully a rehersal for the Grand Final with both teams in it. THey always provide good value when they play each other.

Fantastic crowd too. Probably 1st time a game was a sell out in 2017 as the crowds have been pretty poor.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Would have been happy with a point each. Geez I hate golden point. Especially when it innvolves Saints as they lose most of them.

Gutsy display by the boys. Hopefully a rehersal for the Grand Final with both teams in it. THey always provide good value when they play each other.

Fantastic crowd too. Probably 1st time a game was a sell out in 2017 as the crowds have been pretty poor.

Slippery Morris

First Grade

BennyV

Referee
I don't know how you guys have convinced yourselves you definitely win if Widdop keeps going let alone win 'comfortably'. You only scored one try with him on the field whilst dominating possession and position which is the exact amount you scored with him off it.

You guys definitely dominated the first part of the game up until your try but you can make all the offloads and line breaks in the world, if you don't take advantage of them they mean nothing. After the first try the roosters forwards really started to wrestle momentum back either side of half time and I am not sure Widdop changes that.

The roosters were definitely the better side in the 2nd half and lets be honest, we were on our way to a bit of an anti-climatic 12-6 result until, in typical roosters fashion, they made a mistake at their own end with 4 to go. Full credit to the dragons who took the opportunity presented to them.

We can debate the dragons no try (I forget who it was to) but it looked like it hit Fergo's head/shoulder who was between the dragons player and the goal line. The no try to Fergo due to a forward pass is let go as often as it is called also. That's not to mention we completely bombed a try at the 20 minute mark.

You should be proud of your team though, not only for yesterday's game but for the whole season thus far and I am not sure either side deserved to lose yesterday but it felt good to be on the right end of a tight ANZAC game for once!

Finally, lol @ any suggestion that there should have been a penalty for blocking runners when the field goal was kicked. Our player was fully entitled to be where he was.

Anyways, another great ANZAC game and I fully expect you all to tell me I have no clue what I am talking about the dragons would have won by 40 if Widdop stays on.... so carry on.
Agree with most of this - I definitely don't think we were certainties if Widdop stays on, he doesn't control the intensity or the fact that we were gassed early in the second half.

However, the blocking play was 100% illegal. Evans moved from behind the ruck into position next to whoever the other bloke was and stood shoulder to shoulder, which is specifically outlawed (referred to as 'the wall'). That, along with chasers being offside, happens in every golden point and refs are too gutless to call it. Doesn't make it right.

Bench
Golden point is not a fair outcome when both teams play their guts out. This is not solely based on this game.