What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

today's tv game

weasel

First Grade
Why on earth is the Manly/Tigers match the channel nine game today? The tigers are the most woefully unwatchable team imaginable. This must be the least attractive game of the round, all three games last night were far more deserving of being shown free-to-air although it's not suprising teams like the cowboys, canberra and the warriors are the ones being snubbed again. Between the two games today I would much rather watch Melbourne vs Souths (and thankfully I'll get that, god bless pay tv), even a blowout Melbourne's way would still showcase some attractive football from their talented backline. Didn't channel nine learn from the tiger's 38-12 win at Brookvale earlier this year? Manly + Wests = crap.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Yeah, well thats your opinion!

and like assholes everyones got one!

Manly v Tigers is a good hard battle, and i'm looking forward to heading out to leichardt oval to watch these old clubs go round (manly v wests and balmain)

The least attractive game was Canberra v Eels, why watch a witewash when you can watch a close game (hopefully)

Melbourne v Souths what a yawn-a-thon, Souths don't deserve to be on TV after 1 win, at least the Tigers and manly have won some games, and Melbourne are so boring to watch!

weasel

First Grade
Fair enough, each to their own. I guess it's best to enjoy Manly and Wests while you can, because unlike boring teams like Melbourne and Canberra there's no chance they'll be playing in September (save round 26 ;-) ).

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
weasel said:
Fair enough, each to their own. I guess it's best to enjoy Manly and Wests while you can, because unlike boring teams like Melbourne and Canberra there's no chance they'll be playing in September (save round 26 ;-) ).

Manly will be in the eight!

legend

Coach

A Manly fan with a sense of humour. I like that. :lol:

Manly, Wests Tigers, Parra, Souths and the Sharks and have very little chance of making the eight.[/quote]

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
legend said:

A Manly fan with a sense of humour. I like that. :lol:

Manly, Wests Tigers, Parra, Souths and the Sharks and have very little chance of making the eight.
[/quote]

Melbourne just lost to Souths :roll: :roll:

StGeorge with no Barrett, and almost lost to Souths :roll: :roll:

Manly will be in the 8

alex

Juniors
Storm lost to Souths! That I would have liked to see. Tigers are cool and I love Leichardt Oval but Souths winning a game is something I don't like to miss.

AliN

Live Update Team
The Manly/Tigers game may not have been a top of the ladder match, but gees it was a good game..
Nothing better than two even teams battling it out, not knowing til near the end who will win. I really enjoyed watching it, even tho my tipping suffered again.

weasel

First Grade
A win over the tigers doesn't prove much Major Quimby, Souths have played better football than Tigers this year, they have just been unlucky in a few games they could have won. Wests have scored 30 tries this season from 12 games, 11 of those tries have been scored on Manly from 2 encounters. It must be a worry that a team that can barely score two tries a game averaged 34 points against your boys this season. Oh and for the record Souths have scored 48 tries this season, more than what Manly have managed: 44. :lol:

Top eight for sure. :roll:

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
weasel said:
A win over the tigers doesn't prove much Major Quimby, Souths have played better football than Tigers this year, they have just been unlucky in a few games they could have won. Wests have scored 30 tries this season from 12 games, 11 of those tries have been scored on Manly from 2 encounters. It must be a worry that a team that can barely score two tries a game averaged 34 points against your boys this season. Oh and for the record Souths have scored 48 tries this season, more than what Manly have managed: 44. :lol:

Top eight for sure. :roll:

Well we must be doing something right, seeing that we are ahead of Souths and Tigers :roll:

And we are in equal 7th :roll:

And your topic is crock, it was a great game to watch. i think you should pull your head out of your ass up there in Brisbane :roll: :roll:

Z

Juniors
Going on the fianl result of the match, you can't argue with Channel nines match decision.

A great game and congratulations to both teams on a hard fought match.

Cheers.
Saint Firman. :D

weasel

First Grade
It's ridiculous to use hindsight as justification for a dud decision by Channel Nine. It may have been a "great game to watch" but then again Penrith vs Cowboys was a closer game, had more drama, and was played between two teams that were in sitting in the top eight. By your logic, which seems to suggest that the result of a game in hindsight can validate it being worthy of match of the day status, Channel Nine gaffed in retrospect in not showing what was the closest game this weekend on Free-to-air. But that's not it! Surely in weeks gone by viewers must have been left up in arms over similar incidents. "What?! They showed the close Rabbitohs-Tigers game on Pay tv and us Nine viewers are stuck with the Warriors blowing out the Broncos! Channel Nine should have seen this happening."
I don't know about you but that logic seems quite stupid to me. I don't expect Channel Nine to predict the future, what I do expect them to do is select their tv games based on the ladder positions of the teams and the bearing that the games will have on the competition, because it is a reasonable assumption that said games would attract the most interest from the league viewing public.
Which brings us to this weekend, Manly vs Wests was the only game this weekend which featured no top eight teams. Futhermore the result of the game, no matter which team won, would have no effect on the top eight.... so why was it the Channel Nine game? Manly haven't been truly competitive since 1998(or even 1997), and the wests tigers and their previous incarnations have been cellar dwellars for a decade. I can't understand why this match would be on free-to-air when inform top four teams like Canberra and Penrith rarely get shown on Nine. With three channel nine regulars having the bye this weekend it would have seemed a perfect opportunity to showcase the Canberras and the Penriths to fans who wouldn't often get to see them. Instead they're shown a meaningless game between two also-rans.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
typical attitude of a person that follows a top 4 team!!!!! Channel 9 don't show enough of the lower teams, i believe that they should set out the televised game schedule before the season starts so that everyone gets a to show their stuff on tv!! BUT nooooooooo we have to see Brisbane and Parramatta and Roosters week after week after week, boooooring!

Anonymous

Juniors
Mayor_Quimby said:
typical attitude of a person that follows a top 4 team!!!!!
You talking about Weasal? If thats the same Weasal from LWOS, he aint supporting a top 4 team... I truly wish his team was in the top 4. :cry: :(

weasel

First Grade
Yep, it's the same me Willow. Hey Mayor Quimby I'm happy to see lower teams get a go on the tv, but do you realise that Manly has had more free-to-air games this season than Canberra and Penrith, teams that are running first and third respectively?

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
weasel said:
Yep, it's the same me Willow. Hey Mayor Quimby I'm happy to see lower teams get a go on the tv, but do you realise that Manly has had more free-to-air games this season than Canberra and Penrith, teams that are running first and third respectively?

well we have had 2, how many more do we have?

Latest posts