What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Greenberg has got to go!

Are you happy with Greenberg's performance as CEO?

• Yes

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 8.9%

• Total voters

Stallion

First Grade
Stallion, word to the wise.
Dont engage PR or Doctor.
Youll just waste your time.

Thanks for the heads up. So they have a chronic track record in trying to implode the game in Australia! ? I suppose the good guys get to flex their valid logic. But yes its very repetitive and damaging rhetoric from both these characters. It's as if they have been deliberately placed in this site to create disaster in Australian rugby league? !

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Just to take this thread a little further off topic

If you love the VFL model so much, do you also agree with rationalising the stadiums into 3 central grouds for all 9 Sydney clubs?

Didnt say i loved any model. But I certainly don't want to see this great code implode with the stuff you put forward.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
88712cfec4fc031df0aee5628efcf84b154a78830b2882461b62765bc77571bd.jpg

yes i am...they do it in the NFL...Sydney would still get a live game say Brisbane v Roosters just not live game from Sydney thus not effecting attendance

Stallion

First Grade
Have you seen the accounts of those ten Melbourne clubs? like the Sydney clubs more than half of them are up sht street financially. It’s no surprise that the one/two team cities in both codes are mostly the most finacially succesful. There are only two sports in the world that seem to think having 9 or 10 clubs in one city is going to work, and they are both here and both financially struggling. If it hadn’t been for pokies neither Sydney or Melbourne sporting landscapes would look like they do. It should come as no surprise that now those pokie empires are diminishing the over saturation is coming to the forefront.

Like I said let’s see what happens over the next three or four years now clubs are getting massive grants and have had significant loans to cover debts.

You will find most sports clubs dont run at a profit worldwide. They run the club for the propagation of the sport. If money comes thats a bonus. Its the betterment of the sport that is the model aim for most sports clubs.

Last edited:

M2D2

Bench
yes i am...they do it in the NFL...Sydney would still get a live game say Brisbane v Roosters just not live game from Sydney thus not effecting attendance
Beyond New York. No other city has 2 teams in it. Horrible comparison.
Good luck going from having every game live to everywhere back to the lockouts of the 80's.
Thanks for the heads up. So they have a chronic tracknrecird in trying to implode the game in Australia! ? I suppose the good guys get to flex their valid logic. But yes its very repetitive and rhetoric from both these characters. Its as if they have been deliberately placed in this site to create disaster in Australian rugby league? !
Doctor has just pure horrible ideas most of the time, like his conference idea, his idea on removing sydney teams.
PR is just an idiot agenda merkin troll who wants death to Sydney clubs so his Perth gets a run despite not having the Audience for it. He contradicts himself frequently.

Stallion

First Grade
Good luck going from having every game live to everywhere back to the lockouts of the 80's.

Doctor has just pure horrible ideas most of the time, like his conference idea, his idea on removing sydney teams.
PR is just an idiot agenda merkin troll who wants death to Sydney clubs so his Perth gets a run despite not having the Audience for it. He contradicts himself frequently.

For the record Ive got no qualms with Perth entering an additional team to the comp. But I do have an issue if its at the expense of any Sydney club. In fact i believe the Bears should be back as a franchise on the Central Coast! The carve up of Sydney clubs has been disastrous for the code everywhere!

M2D2

Bench
For the record Ive got no qualms with Perth entering an additional team to the comp. But I do have an issue if its at the expense of any Sydney club. In fact i believe the Bears should be back as a franchise on the Central Coast! The carve up of Sydney clubs has been disastrous for the code everywhere!
Until Perth Red came along, i wanted Perth to have a team. Now. f**k em. And i know im not alone on that front. They are behind CC & 2nd Brisbane/Sunshine coast/Mid QLD for me now.

Stallion

First Grade
Until Perth Red came along, i wanted Perth to have a team. Now. f**k em. And i know im not alone on that front. They are behind CC & 2nd Brisbane/Sunshine coast/Mid QLD for me now.

Yes. I can see why! The constant barage at imploding the code in its most important city would piss many people off! Just seeking more heartache for the fans and reducing the codes footprint in Australias largest city. Doesn't make sense! And here we are supporting additional clubs and they would rather see the game implode in Sydney?! Just dumb!

thorson1987

Coach

LA has 2 teams now. Rams and Chargers.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
upload_2017-12-15_9-13-47.png

Just gonna leave this here. Since deleted but still...

Stallion

First Grade
That cap was from his days as the Dogs CEO.........

To his credit Greenburgh initiated a move within the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs in going back to things the club holds dearly like 'back to Belmore ' games and getting rid of that Superleague style jumper. He also got them calling themselves by the right name again. CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS.
From my own teams perspective I would love to see the Sydney Roosters be known ss the East Sydney Roosters. Simple things like that make a big difference in how people regard a code. Both neutrals and longtime fans.

siv

First Grade
Tell that to the current clubs outside of Sydney excepting Brisbane and Melbourne. And you might want to mention it to the ten AFL clubs with 4million population in Melbourne. Oh dear! I know u said "lol" but you are thinking this sort of stuff.

The old expansion population requirement was a catchment of 300-400k

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Basing it purely on population is a fairly naive way to look at it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
No, money should develop each clubs ground into boutique stadiums, play all but one Sydney game per round during the day and TV blackout of live match in city.

Right...

So we should copy the VFLs "10 in one city" approach because it is successful for them. Except we shouldnt do the think that actually makes it successful (centralised grounds)?

Way to cherrypick facts to suit an argument.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Particularly when you bought in Arko for the 20th time..,

That seemed to be the moment people became interested in the discussion.

Youre welcome

(id also point out that this entire debate on sydney clubs is thanks to Arko f*cking up the club contracts, allowing SL to happen then buggering off to let others f*ck up the reconstruction. Saint Arko aint the great after all, hey...)