What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom Carr

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Reported today by the Bulldogs that they have signed Tom Carr. He probably would not be in our top half-a-dozen wingers and no doubt he will return at some stage.

The Doc

Juniors
No big loss in my opinion. Id say theres a few youngsters that would have been ahead of him in the pecking order.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Interesting the way that the Bulldogs announced this. They announced Carr as well as 5 other players all in the one statement.
My guess is that they would have really liked to have included Luciano Leilua in that bunch. Even though Luch's contract negotiations are a little bit complicated, it's leading me to feel optimistic that the Dogs have dropped out of the race and we've pushed most of the competition away for him.

Country Dragon

Juniors
Interesting the way that the Bulldogs announced this. They announced Carr as well as 5 other players all in the one statement.
My guess is that they would have really liked to have included Luciano Leilua in that bunch. Even though Luch's contract negotiations are a little bit complicated, it's leading me to feel optimistic that the Dogs have dropped out of the race and we've pushed most of the competition away for him.
I thought it was out of us and the Sharks for Leilua?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
One of the reasons Hasler is getting pushed out is because he does not promote their local juniors. 5 days later they buy other teams juniors. Hmmm looks like they are still not going to do anything with their own juniors.

blacksafake

First Grade
They have re-signed Eastwood which probably means they are out of the running for Leilua.As others have mentioned i think it's us v sharks

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Carr was going to be or was offered a 1 yr deal with us, and realistically he couldn't get a regular gig with the Cutters, so I can't blame him for seeking other opportunities. I would imagine he would be a regular in the Dogs NSW cup team this coming year only. As he's signed a 2 yr deal I would imagine he'd get his chance in 2018.

Gareth67

First Grade
They have re-signed Eastwood which probably means they are out of the running for Leilua.As others have mentioned i think it's us v sharks

I would like to believe that , however the Bulldogs seem to have a Bank account that is like a bottomless pit .

Last edited:

Drakon

Juniors
It's a shame to lose Tom. I thought he was a nice style of guy with a decent amount of ability. I wish him well....but not against Saints!

j0nesy

Bench
Sharks signing Tony Williams i'd imagine is also a positive for us retaining leilua?
Yep, I'm hopeful. We were definitely in talks with Williams. He was spotted at McGregors house. So with Dogs not announcing his signature and sharks signing Williams things are looking good for us, fingers crossed.

Latest posts