What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomkins to Catalans

Storm13

Juniors
How does this signing happen if Catalans go down to Championship unless they are guaranteed SL status?

Pommy

Coach
How does this signing happen if Catalans go down to Championship unless they are guaranteed SL status?

Could be like when Bryson goodwin signed for Leigh. The deal was cancelled and he was free to sign for another club at short notice.

Storm13

Juniors
Could be like when Bryson goodwin signed for Leigh. The deal was cancelled and he was free to sign for another club at short notice.
That's way to big of a risk for Tomkins to make though. Potentially gambling his marquee status and future away.

Pommy

Coach
That's way to big of a risk for Tomkins to make though. Potentially gambling his marquee status and future away.

I think Wigan had already said they weren’t offering him a marquee contract for next year.

Pommy

Coach
They also said the offer would of made him the third highest paid player at Wigan.

Still he had lost his marquee spot. I don’t think he would be worried about missing out on a job for next year. Im sure there would be plenty of options for him.
I really hope super league aren’t going to pull some bullshit out of the hat at the end of the season about relegation. If they want to expand the league that needs to be made clear at the start of the season, everyone should know what they are playing for prior to game one.

Latest posts