What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tony Smith

BrissyRedV

Bench
Y'all dreaming to think that McGregor would get the sack let alone Doust and his cronies signing a quality external coach again. Mary managed to get a stay of execute last year with a year running on his contract and then somehow convinced them to sign him up again early, there is no way Doust and co are going to back track now and say they were wrong by sacking him. They are too stubborn for that. Add to that, we are still grossly indebt so a sacking is highly unlikely.

Tony Smith is an ideal option.

Would expect another ESL side will snap him up.

Cannot see McIdiot being shown the door unless our team fails to make the 8 next year.

The squad assembled is a top 4-6 squad in the hands of a first class coach.

With McIdiot I suspect we may sneak in to the 8.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Don't know about this one. Fully appreciate Smith's credentials in the Super League, but that's exactly it... It's the Super League. It's a very different game over here.

Mate you do know Robinson and Maguire came from their and won a comp shortly after joining the NRL? Coaches from the ESL have great records lately as 2 from 2 have won comps.

St Georgio

Juniors
Mate you do know Robinson and Maguire came from their and won a comp shortly after joining the NRL? Coaches from the ESL have great records lately as 2 from 2 have won comps.
From 1988 until 1990, Smith was coach of Hull F.C. in England's Championship.,[7] In season 1988-89 Hull progressed to the Premiership Final at Old Trafford ultimately losing to Widnes. Hull led the competition when Smith left in January 1991 and went on to win the Premiership Final in May.

BS then came to us, guiding the mighty dragons to 2 GF's, his brother could do the same, big difference is T Smith won a titles.

watatank

Coach

So I take it Newcastle will win a premiership soon, since Nathan Brown is their coach.

Robinson and Maguire learned their trade in Australia before they went to England. Tony Smith has only ever coached in England. It's not a good comparison

St Georgio

Juniors
So I take it Newcastle will win a premiership soon, since Nathan Brown is their coach.

Robinson and Maguire learned their trade in Australia before they went to England. Tony Smith has only ever coached in England. It's not a good comparison
I think your argument has massive flaws, the Knights are a team of reserve graders!

emu62

Juniors
I think we all have to face the reality that Mary isn't going anywhere next year. I'd be happy to bring him on as an assistant coach and see how he goes with Illawarra in 2018. The vision would be to promote him to first grade head coach if he has a great year in NSW Cup.
you mean just like JD

FlameThrower

Bench

Did'nt both Robinson and Maguire also learn under the so called Melbourne system???

St Georgio

Juniors
JG QUOTE
"Without going into too much detail, I was really impressed with the pitch. It’s clear to me that the Dragons are Paul McGregor’s team now and I think he’s done a great job since taking over."

Ahh.. it would have been nice to have seen another Smithy as head coach, I guess we
will have to wait!

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Don't know about this one. Fully appreciate Smith's credentials in the Super League, but that's exactly it... It's the Super League. It's a very different game over here.

I would love for him to prove me wrong, but for now i'm a little sceptical. If we're going to replace McGregor I want us to do it right and get the best person available.
The janitor at the leagues club would be a massive upgrade on that imposter McGregor.

Browny has a better chance of winning a premiership next year than our squad does under McIdiot, and yes I am serious.

Gomarchin

Juniors
I'm curious - where did McWreckor learn his coaching trade? He was waterboy for Brown before Wayne came in 09, and waterboy at origin for Daley. What experience did he have (apart from the Illawarra league)?

Why the F%ck would they appoint him in the first place - let alone renew his contract for 2 years???? And the media continue to push this bulls*t that we finished 9th - which is about right. Why does he continue to NOT get the media scrutiny he deserves?

Latest posts