What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tony Williams

Eels Dude

Coach
He still needs a kick up the backside. He's the same at Manly as he was at Parra, he just doesn't seem to focus for an entire game and just seems to lose interest when he's on the field and can be rather lazy. The reason the coaching staff at Parra were only willing to put him on the wing in first grade is because he just doesn't have the work ethic required of a backrower. He is willing to take the odd hitup, but can go missing for large periods in a game and will only tackle if it's absolutely necessary. He could be anything, but Hasler has got to push him and do his absolute best to make that happen as he seems to lack the self motivation.

johnnyg

Juniors
I don't get it either. This guy is built as big as a house, yet runs so soft its not funny. If he ran the ball like Fui Fui or Jeff Lima, Watmough/ect ect he'd be unstoppable.

betcats

Referee
How can you look so bad on a footy field and still be a good player lol thats ridiculous, the guy has physical gifts but no brains or heart, but to reggies for this giant.

badav

Bench
Clearly does not put in. I would rate his performances this year in the nuffy category.

I had never heard of the bloke back when Parramatta fans were talking about him but they were all saying the same thing.

Could be anything but doesnt try half the time.

Signing him up for whatever manly did before he clocked up a first grade game certainly wouldnt have helped his attitude at all.

super_coach

First Grade
I dont know, last monday night his mate wolfman went a lot worse and he showed enough in the try he scored to give me the impression their is no reason why he could be another Tongan Tank like our bloke at the wests tigers. Hasler had a work ethic second to none, I think he can turn this bloke around.

Iafeta

Referee
Should be in the backrow. Looked outstanding in NYC carving blokes up running out wide.

Panthers_God

Juniors
T-Will is pretty rubbish.

How long has he been playing league?

He must've started late in life. He has got no idea...

proto

Juniors
the guy is honestly too big & can't handle being a back. Looking at a young guy like Idris who is huge but just looks right & will only get better. But Williams is weird, guy has a turning circle bigger than Sailors, except Wendell has an excuse or being 34 or whatever

doubt he'll be in FG when stewart comes back

Patsy

Juniors
he isn't a winger - hasler had him bulk of and do training specific to the back row in the offseason so he is not as sharp for a back as he was last season. once manly back to full strength he will move into the forwards and be able to focus on what he has trained for

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Clearly does not put in. I would rate his performances this year in the nuffy category.

I had never heard of the bloke back when Parramatta fans were talking about him but they were all saying the same thing.

Could be anything but doesnt try half the time.

Signing him up for whatever manly did before he clocked up a first grade game certainly wouldnt have helped his attitude at all.

Des Hasler was/is a fitness freak. He would not pick a guy that is lazy and doesn't put in

I have heard some weird rumour about Manly trying to change his running style, because he suffered a pretty bad hammy injury during the offseason

Eels Dude

Coach
Des Hasler was/is a fitness freak. He would not pick a guy that is lazy and doesn't put in

Well he has and does. Anyone who watched Parra's toyota cup games last year would have told you a year ago that Tony Williams was lazy on the field and needed an attitude change, yet Hasler signed him for big dollars anyway. Apart from an odd good run this year, he's still the same at Manly.

Had another shocker tonight - made costly mistakes that led either directly or indirectly to at least 3 Souths tries.

Also his namesake on the other wing didn't fare much better!

Terrible wing combination atm.

Scorpio30

Bench
The Williams sisters aren't the best for us at the moment, I have to agree.

I think the REAL Williams sisters would be better...I believe Serena plays right and Venus prefers the left flank....Both built like T Williams anyhow.

Latest posts