What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tony Williams

davi

Juniors
He will make his debut for Sharks on Saturday. He really has been a forgotten man, it will be interesting how he goes. I've heard he has been frustrated that he hasn't been able to get a chance to play first grade despite the Sharks front-pack carrying so much talent in the forwards. The problem is that if he leaves mid-season their might not be much interest else where despite his raw ability.

"Former Canterbury forward Tony Williams will make his first NRL appearance of the season when he replaces injured second-rower Luke Lewis for Cronulla on Saturday.

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan confirmed Williams will deputise for Lewis, who will miss his second match in a row due to a hamstring strain.

It will be Williams' first match for the defending premiers since switching from the Bulldogs over the summer, re-igniting a career which looked over at the end of last season.

The Sharks threw Williams a one-year lifeline in November.

"He's had a few hiccups, had to slave away in our NSW Cup team, and he gets his chance tomorrow. The ball's in his court now," Flanagan said on Friday."

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/04/28/12/13/lewis-out-t-rex-in-for-sharks-in-nrl#eOx3LwicwyPJJSfM.99

Big Pete

Referee
In all fairness to Michaels he did suffer one of the worst knee injuries you could possibly imagine. Henjack rushed him back in far too early and hasn't addressed the issue appropriately which as a fan is incredibly disheartening.

William's is about as inconsistent as they come and injury certainly hasn't helped matters. I have little doubt that Hasler can't make something out of him though.

What a fowler.

MKCS

Juniors
He's like Dave Taylor. Big body, no heart.

NSW version of Taylor, I agree. Former Origin and Australian rep, all the ability in the world but doesn't seem to want to try or is past it. T-Rex wouldn't make the bench at most clubs when just a few years ago he was playing Origin and playing in grand finals. Sad.

Would love to see him do okay at Cronulla and earn a contract at one of the clubs that are struggling. I think if he's playing decent he could be a good pick up for Newcastle, Tigers or perhaps even the Bunnies.

Life's Good

Coach
He was very destructive when in the right mood. Sadly that has been few and far between for a long time now. Would be good to see him recapture some desire because I think he is just a lazy player relying on talent alone.

wibble

Bench
Was OK.

Scored a try from a strong run, though it was soft defence.

Didn't get a lot of time, made a few good carries, but didn't do much.

Not bad though as our 6th or 7th choice back rower.

Latest posts