What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tool Of The Year

Raider_69

Post Whore
Inspired by After The Game and recent threads started by a particular knights fan.....

Name your nomination and reason, this can be a footy player, coach, or forummer in some cases, after nominations have been entred i will select the best 10 and put them in a poll

My nomination goes to Robbie O'Davis for his drop ball over the line in the 7's tourny, this ultimatly cost his team the game and chance to win something

newcastle_guy is not with out his charm in the race for this prestigious title

newcastle_guy

Juniors
woohoo, glad to know we perhaps,in some small way touched someones life

yeah robbio is up there

willie mason "yeah the winner of the comp will come from the roosters-bulldogs game"

Raider_69

Post Whore
hybrid_tiger said:
There is only one winner:

Chris Walker.

oh now that a solid candidate!
although he did leave the wooden spooners to go to Grand Finalists, but they lost...... intreiging

Jess

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
hybrid_tiger said:

Chris Walker.

although he did leave the wooden spooners to go to Grand Finalists, but they lost...... intreiging

That's what makes him such a tool. Walking out on a struggling club with the expectation the classy players around him at the Roosters would make him look good

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
Jess said:
Raider_69 said:
hybrid_tiger said:

Chris Walker.

That's what makes him such a tool. Walking out on a struggling club with the expectation the classy players around him at the Roosters would make him look good

yet he made himself out as a pure idiot, in so many ways :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
So far we have:

Robbie O'Davis - bombed try over the line....:lol:
Chris Walker - obvious reasons
newcastle_guy - Johns and Prizes threads
Phil Gould - i would need an age to list them all
Chris Anderson - Winning Culture :lol:
Ikin & Berrigan - ran QLD and the Broncos down the shitter
Tapp & Langmack - too many reasons to mention
Jason Stevens - Wedgie Extordinare

newcastle_guy

Juniors
chris anderson is pretty toolish.
he took a side, and screwed it over. now the panthers are reaping the benefits

phil gould is up thre though, cant stand his commentating

Feej

First Grade
As much as it hurts to say it, as he coaches my team, it would have to be Chris Anderson.

He's made us the laughing stock of the league and the sooner he is punted or they force him to walk, the better. :evil:

salivor

First Grade
Shaun Berrigan and Ben Ikin showing how it only takes two men to effectively run a Club and State team into the ground.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Jason Stevens. Surely a bloke his size can initiate a dominant tackle without resorting to the Wedgie.

Other nomination would have to be Paul Langmack & David Tapp. I dont think I need to elaborate.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
You can't blame Berrigan. He tried his best, he just doesn't have the skills to play in the halves. It's Bennett that kept putting him there. I guess the same also goes for Ikin.

My nomination is a tie between Phil Gould and Chris Anderson.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Surely it's Phil Gould?

Surely it is!!!
Penrith to get the wooden spoon??? :D :D :D
Also his lame attempts at publicity ie. saying he might not coach NSW this year in order to get his face on tv, and the Footy Show. Countless others, this bloke wins biggest tool of alltime for mine!

Anonymous

Juniors
id say shayne hayne but he single handedly put parra back into finals contention. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ah what the hell - SHAYNE HAYNE for the worst refereeing performance in the games' history.

My Top Three are..

1) Phil Gould - "Panthers to get wooden spoon"!! WHAT A TOOL

2) Chris Walker - Bloody Team Changer. (Also gets the Low Life Award for deserting Souths)

3) ROOSTER COGBURN!! (I didn't give him the top position, knowing how deluded he is - he'd probably be pleased and brag about it!!)

JJ

Immortal
Being in New Zealand, I can offer a somewhat different perspective - some comments made in our national media.

"Supercoach" Graham Lowe (I think he calls himself that - I certainly don't belive it) after the Warriors smashed the Bulldogs
"The Warriors have the Premiership in the bag" "They are like men playing with boys"

Hugh McGahan (who actually was a great player) - "We (NZers presumably) have made a generational leap with the flair displayed by the Warriors, and the Australians will take a while to catch up" Seems he conveniently forgot about the test in which one team displayed a whole lot of flair (and it wasn't us), and wasn't watching Penrith too closely.

The idiot league writer Peter Jessup in the NZ Herald "The Warriors have just gifted the premiership to the Roosters" - after Penrith beat the Warriors (or as he would have it, the Warriors lost to Penrith). I'm sure the Roosters are feeling really grateful about now!!!

Tea Ropati (former player and Sky TV commentator) "That's so disappoint, the Warriors were the only team that could get close to the Roosters".

I actually support Penrith, and apart from a hiatus during Super League have always done, and did so long before the Warriors existed. But as a Kiwi I am proud of the way they played, and the style they played. But embarrassed by the idiot comments and arrogance displayed in our media.

Stagger eel

Staff member
What about Ray Hardley and the yes men!! ....or aren't we allowed to offend Raaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!

yappy

Bench
OMG could it be a 10 way dead heat? There is some real quality in this field, and thank you eelavation for ensuring the gibbering tools on GB have their acceptances in, but what about Piggins?

Sure we haven't heard a great deal from the great man since early in the season, but his early season work was pure gold - 'he's (Colman) got five games', 'we won't sign a coach before the AGM'. Classic stuff from a true master.