What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tooveys the Man

woodyk2

First Grade
Tooves will be fine. Bloke has the passion,experience and the sense of authority required of 1st grade coaches.Excellent appointment....more butthurt for whingers who whinge about manly whingeing in 2013. Bring it.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
I guess we'll have to wait and see how he goes. But for those saying it's a rushed decision etc. He has been our succession plan for many years. I remember him being talked about as our future coach when Des first got the job, he was coaching the reserve grade at the time from memory and doing a very good job with limited cattle. He then stepped up as Des' assistant for the last 5 years. None of you should underestimate his impact in the team's success over the last 5 years.

At the end of the day the proof will be in the pudding. But he more than deserves his chance. I remember not many people rating Des when he first came onto the scene....

Oh yeah and to all those people laughing at his height :lol: he is still a million times tougher than any of you keyboard heroes!!

woodyk2

First Grade
I guess we'll have to wait and see how he goes. But for those saying it's a rushed decision etc. He has been our succession plan for many years. I remember him being talked about as our future coach when Des first got the job, he was coaching the reserve grade at the time from memory and doing a very good job with limited cattle. He then stepped up as Des' assistant for the last 5 years. None of you should underestimate his impact in the team's success over the last 5 years.

At the end of the day the proof will be in the pudding. But he more than deserves his chance. I remember not many people rating Des when he first came onto the scene....

Oh yeah and to all those people laughing at his height :lol: he is still a million times tougher than any of you keyboard heroes!!
This

MSIH

Bench
Had to laugh at the quote from the famous "Sydney NRL club official" who rubbished the move as being rushed. I wonder what chump club they come from?

firechild

First Grade
Probably some muppet from a club who hasn't won a premiership for 30 or 40 years. In fact what Sydney club has officials that are in a position to ridicule the way Manly operates?

MSIH

Bench
Probably some muppet from a club who hasn't won a premiership for 30 or 40 years. In fact what Sydney club has officials that are in a position to ridicule the way Manly operates?

Exactly. The Dragons are pretty much the only Sydney* club who are half successful, and it didn't take them too long to give Price the reigns.

Molly

Juniors
I think Toovey is a great appointment, pound for pound one of the toughest to play the game (and it gets him off the field), I just cannot see how keeping Hasler in his job when he has a desire to leave is a smart move, give him the freedom to move and bring Toovey in now, otherwise a very conflicted year for the Manly players coming up.

woodyk2

First Grade
I think Toovey is a great appointment, pound for pound one of the toughest to play the game (and it gets him off the field), I just cannot see how keeping Hasler in his job when he has a desire to leave is a smart move, give him the freedom to move and bring Toovey in now, otherwise a very conflicted year for the Manly players coming up.
Yep...bugger de$$ie off now i say...stop him filling ears with rubbish about kebabs and crap.

gUt

Coach
Dressing room doors all over the country are resting easier on their hinges tonight.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Yep...bugger de$$ie off now i say...stop him filling ears with rubbish about kebabs and crap.

Well maybe Dollar De$ tried a kebab and though this is the future...just needed a little bit of humous and tabouli (himself and crusher).

bildo

Juniors

Could'nt agree more, mate.

oval

Juniors

Let's be honest here - the food out Bankstown is way tastier than the food up on the Northern Beaches. Gimme a mixed grill plate over a meat pie anyday. Cheaper too. Yumma Yumma!!!!

Glen

Bench
Remember when MacDougall stomped the shit out of Toovey's face? That was awesome

Red Bear

Referee

During the early years of Dessie when Manly looked a good bet for the spoon (04ish) there was some around here who wanted him coach pretty damn soon, didnt rate Des at all.

Of course Kennedy was purchased and Des took off from there (which obviously shows coaches need more than a season to really get into a job).