What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 25

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This year we have used 26 players. I am certain that those 26 plus IDG encompass our entire top 25. Let me know if I'm overlooking anything/anyone.

This would mean two of the players we have used are outside our top 25. Here's the list (players in bold are uncontracted for 2018, or at least haven't been announced):

Alvaro
Auva'a
Brown
Davis
De Gois
Edwards
French
Gower
Gutherson
Hoffman
Jennings
Mannah
Matagi
Ma'u
Moeroa
Moses
Norman
O'Brien
Fritchard

Kritchard
Radradra
Robson
Scott
Smith
Takairangi
Terepo
Vave

So who are the two second tier players? My (highly) educated guess is it's out of Davis, O'Brien and Robson.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon only Robson was second tier at the beginning of the year with Davis / O'Brien top 25.

However with us signing Moses it has forced either Davis / O'Brien into the second tier cap.

Now which one of those do we think is on the most ?

phantom eel

First Grade
Moses was a late addition, so assuming he comes into the top 25 that means someone who was originally in the top 25 drops out.

Also, is it true IDG hasn't played first grade this season? Has been been injured the whole time? If so, doesn't that mean that we are eligible for a cap exemption for games played by a second tier player coming into his place in the top 25?

That would mean of the 27 players you've named, it kind of doesn't matter which ones aren't "top 25" - which is a shifting concept throughout a season anyway.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon only Robson was second tier at the beginning of the year with Davis / O'Brien top 25.

However with us signing Moses it has forced either Davis / O'Brien into the second tier cap.

Now which one of those do we think is on the most ?
Yeah fair point about Moses pushing some merkin out. Don't forget Davis arrived after the season had started.

Latest posts