What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 5 Recruits 2013 - Post Yours Here

NAS

Juniors
Dane Nielsen over Michael Jennings? :lol:

Player with a history of insubordination and misbehavior going to a team that admits it has a culture problem. Do I need to write you an essay?

Neilson on the other hand is also an origin quality centre, going to a team that really needs a strike centre....at half the price the roosters got Jennings. The only concern I have is the Leaving Melbourne trend.

captainwarrior

Juniors
5. Thomas Leuluai
4. Beau Ryan
3. Michael Jennings
2. Dane Neilsen
1. Luke Lewis

SBW would be #1 for sure if he can stay fit and healthy all year. If not he will just be a waste of money. Maloney had an awful year in 2012 so I wouldn't put him on the list but if he brings back his 2010-11 form he could be a great buy for the Roosters.

Bench
Value for money,Bodene Thompson,biggest difference to team,then Maloney or Prince.

Fire

First Grade
I forgot about Nielsen and Frizzel. They're both good buys too.

(If Des can get him firing again) T-Rex also.

BranVan3000

Coach
Maloney is mediocre. Closer to the Daniel Mortimer signing than the Todd Carney one. Jennings and SBW have the potential to be huge though.

MatthewA

Juniors
I forgot about Nielsen and Frizzel. They're both good buys too.

(If Des can get him firing again) T-Rex also.
That's the only reason I put T-Rex down.. He isn't a good signing price wise, he cost a fortune.. He isn't a good signing for experience, either. But under a coach like Des he could be anything.

Lambretta

First Grade
I can honestly see a big possibility of Jennings being a massive flop!

Especially after a night on the juice in the Cross
He'll flop straight into the gutter where he just threw up :p

Jeremy Smith for the Knights
Luke Lewis for the Sharks
Sonny Bill Williams for the Roosters
Ben T'eo for Souths
Dave Taylor for the Titans

I also reckon T-Rex for the Dogs is a great signing plus Segeyaro and Lewis Brown and very solid gains for the Panthers as well as Michael Gordon for the Sharks and in all seriousness Jennings has potential for the Roosters if he can stay out of the Cross. Otherwise it could be a f**king disaster.

Minotaur

Juniors
Really, any credibility flew out the window when you named 3 of your top 5 players going to your team (no less then your top 3 of course). It's great that you have high hopes for your team and your new recruits (every supporter does), but do you really need to show the world you have no clue to being partial and unbiased.

In the vain of what your thread is based on (biased bull dust), I might as well throw up my version:

1) Brett Finch: By mid year, he will in the NSW halfback position bringing home the bacon for the blues.

2) Junior Moors: Tigers misused him, a blockbusting 2nd rower who will tear defences apart.

3) Lagi Setu: Another misused player that Bellamy will turn into a powerhouse.

4) Junior Sau: A centre with size, power and speed. Behind the big 3, he will flourish.

5) Kurt Mann: The Novocastrian will take the world on by storm this year (pardon the pun), with the guidance of Smith and Cronk, he will flourish.

I don't know if I was biased enough for the OP, but I tried.

5. Thomas Leuleuai (Warriors)

Edging out Michael Oldfield for 5th place is the NZ Warriors purchase of Thomas Leuleai. He is essential in replacing the void left by superstar James Maloney and will go great in mentoring Shaun Johnson. NZ Warriors will rely on him and he will be spiritual captain since Mannering isn't that good.

4. Luke Lewis (Sharks)

The only decent Cronulla recruit this year and in a position where they didn't need help. Cronulla's obsession with backrowers however does not dampen the fact that Lewis is quality and versatile and will help any team in their quest for a premiership, or in Cronulla's case their quest for the top 8 and a round 1 exit.

3. James Maloney (Roosters)

Finally to fill the void that Carney left is a much more stable and reliable player in James Maloney. He led the Warriors to a gf in 2011 and is a solid goalkicker and 5/8. The Roosters will only be stronger with him in the 6 and will turn us into genuine premiers.

2. Michael Jennings (Roosters)

Penriths loss is Easts gain. The fast flyer will be a Rooster for life from now on and will probably score a try a game running off Pearce and Maloney instead of Walsh and ???. Together with SKD dare I say that Easts have the most potent centre combination in the league? Very threatening.

1. Sonny Bill Williams (Roosters)

The top signing for many reasons. He's the best player the NRL has seen for the past 10 years and attracts so many viewers, fans and media attention. He is undisputably the talking point for the NRl year and I'm sure we'll all be in awe when he scores under the posts in the 2013 GF in October.

Lambretta

First Grade
Really, any credibility flew out the window when you named 3 of your top 5 players going to your team (no less then your top 3 of course). It's great that you have high hopes for your team and your new recruits (every supporter does), but do you really need to show the world you have no clue to being partial and unbiased.

Other websites have an "ignore posts by" function so you can edit the dribblings of morons from your World. BestHalfbackPearce or SuperiorEasts as he's now renamed himself makes me wish for such a function.

At least BunniesMan learnt from his early mistakes and often posts far less frequently and far less biased rantings these days. Sadly I don't think SuperiorEasts will ever learn. His main function in life is to troll and in my opinion get people to hate Easts even more (if that's at all possible).

Fire

First Grade
What's everyones problem with SE, I think he's funny. Only an idiot would take him seriously lol

thorson1987

Coach
Other websites have an "ignore posts by" function so you can edit the dribblings of morons from your World. BestHalfbackPearce or SuperiorEasts as he's now renamed himself makes me wish for such a function.

At least BunniesMan learnt from his early mistakes and often posts far less frequently and far less biased rantings these days. Sadly I don't think SuperiorEasts will ever learn. His main function in life is to troll and in my opinion get people to hate Easts even more (if that's at all possible).

This forum has a Ignore function.

Life is so much better with it on.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
1. Gordon (sharks) if he can stay healthy.
2. Maloney (Roosters) if he can recapture his 2011 form.
3. Whare (Panthers) showed what he can do at rep level. He'll step it up even more this season.
4. Roberts (Panthers) punted by the rabbits. The kid is a gun and will be the panthers fullback for a long time.
5. Manu (Panthers) the man is a beast and Cleary will get the most out of him.

The Eagle

Juniors
1. Jennings - Probably on a bargain basement contract to a club who wants him,will be a gun
2. Whare - Went to a shit club but with 24 games of 1st grade experience to gain will be dangerous in 2014
3. Lewis - Will succeed with his best mate Gallen and the array of former mergepies
4. SBW - Will prove himself to be an amazing athlete,will make some dangerous runs and tackles
5. Oldfield - Will kick on in his new first grade spot,he had a shot at Manly last year but thanks to subpar form starting the season never got much of a chance once Taufua had a run,he was our FASTEST player last year,however his hands under a bomb will be his downfall

Latest posts