What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 5 Recruits 2013 - Post Yours Here

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
I don't get how I am a troll? I genuinely believe that the top 3 recruits that I said are the top 3 recruits... it's only coincidence that they are all Roosters now. And all of the players that I put in my top 3 have been listed in other peoples top 5 numerous times, so how is my opinion "trolling" when others have the same opinions? Even Oldfield, who I mentioned just missed my top 5, is in another top 5.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Maloney is mediocre. Closer to the Daniel Mortimer signing than the Todd Carney one. Jennings and SBW have the potential to be huge though.

This

Maloney will go well if SBW goes well because there's probably no better half who can run onto the ball and pick a hole like Maloney. Even last season the one constant threat was Mateo to Maloney.

Aside from that he's got a good running game, decent kicking game, but playmaking is average, can't pass left to right, is almost sure to give away a penalty a game, and can't defend to save himself.

Fire

First Grade
SBW is a major signing (for numerous reasons). If he stays injury free, he'll also benefit the Roosters on the field.

The jury is still out on Maloney and Jennings. Still, I'd rather have them at my club.

Dazraider

Juniors
Lol at maloney being a great recruit and Jennings as well

L Lewis
M Gordan
C Heighington
Scott Prince
T Williams

1. Luke Lewis
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Jeremy Smith
5. Chris Heighington

I know every Easts supporter rates the SBW purchase but considering how long he has been away from the game. The time it may take him to get back into the weekly grinds of the NRL. The fact in the first two weeks he is most likely going to have to make more tackles then he did in the last 4 years in Union for mine he is not the be all and end all signing for us. Hope to be wrong though.

Luke Lewis on the other hand is a quality proven performer whom may just transform Crounlla from a decent side to premiership contender.,

Fibroman

First Grade
Should change the thread title to accomodate for clubs that are sticking to the salary cap then the rorters wouldn't figure with any 2013 signings. Best signings they ever had was Politis and Shubert.

rnb11

Juniors
1. Jeremy Smith
2. Luke Lewis
3. Michael Gordon - only if he stays fit. He's their only good back
4. Scott Prince
5. Beau Scott

Leuluai, Jennings and Teo great signings also

Last edited:

Bench
Lol at maloney being a great recruit and Jennings as well

L Lewis
M Gordan
C Heighington
Scott Prince
T Williams
You laugh at Maloney and Jennings,yet rate Heighno,did you watch the WestsTigers last year.

Kiwi

First Grade
mine would be in no order

Prince - broncos
Teo - rabbits
Beale - dragons
Jennings - roosters
J Smith - knights

newman

First Grade
Jeremy Smith. Most other recruits come with a few question marks hanging over their heads. Smiths been recruited into a number of different systems and excelled everytime. He's the kind of player ever player wants in their team. He's the best recruit of the lot until someone else proves otherwise.

newman

First Grade
Nope. The decision was made by Mrs Smith and the sharks went hell for leather to keep him.

He is a massive, massive loss for the club. When he arrived at the Sharks he advised the coaching staff of a number of changes at training to make the joint more professional (shit that went down at the merge under Benny) like personal fines for ball work errors etc.

bellyache

Bench
Ding ding ding we have a winner!
Thank you very much!
images

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Surprise surprise...........as i predicted in the other thread Inferior Easts has predicted his big three signings as the top 3 in the whole comp. While I feel the roosters have recruited well there are a few unknowns amongst those signings......
For what its worth my picks are as follows.
1. Jeremy Smith....despite aging always makes an impact at whatever club he's at.
2. Michael Gordon.... (hopefully he's used all his bad luck at the penny's)...just what we need
3. Gerard Beale......plenty of ability if Saints get him some quality ball.
4. Mick Jennings......\will have plenty to prove to Gus and Ivan Cleary if nothing else.
5. Beau Ryan.......will fit in well at the Sharks.

$Bw will need some time to adjust to the Nrl again but may well fire.....Maloney can be brilliant but will be targeted as he can be a liability in defence.

Latest posts