What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toronto Wolfpack in League 1

Stallion

First Grade
There was rumours of the second team being in hamilton.

Wondering is their is some type of tendering process or does a body responsible select an area? I assume likely clubs already exist and a brand new club would not created from scratch?

Pommy

Coach
Wondering is their is some type of tendering process or does a body responsible select an area? I assume likely clubs already exist and a brand new club would not created from scratch?

As far as I’m aware it will be a brand new club. Beside the wolfpack which was a brand new club there’s no Canadian sides of note.
My understanding is if a club can prove it’s got the cash they can apply to join.

Stallion

First Grade
As far as I’m aware it will be a brand new club. Beside the wolfpack which was a brand new club there’s no Canadian sides of note.
My understanding is if a club can prove it’s got the cash they can apply to join.

Thanks. These guys are genuine pioneers! Very impressive! Just hope 'big brother ' union doesnt upset the progress! Here's hoping!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Thanks. These guys are genuine pioneers! Very impressive! Just hope 'big brother ' union doesnt upset the progress! Here's hoping!

Maybe Union stepping in on this will be a good thing...

If these guys are serious about RL and they experience the Vichy codes shitthrowing firsthand, they might be inspired to take the fight to Union across the world.

More than the NRL/RFL/IRLF seem interested in doing.

Stallion

First Grade
Maybe Union stepping in on this will be a good thing...

If these guys are serious about RL and they experience the Vichy codes shitthrowing firsthand, they might be inspired to take the fight to Union across the world.

More than the NRL/RFL/IRLF seem interested in doing.

It would be refreshing to see the union guys adopt a policy of 'live and let live'. The Vichy example is one of many. Common decency and sportsmanship might be a good value the union people could adopt?!

Pommy

Coach
Several championship clubs telling fans not to book transport to Toronto as home ground. Or yet confirmed.
Wild Facebook rumours they are looking at playing some home games in Bradford.

Storm13

Juniors
Several championship clubs telling fans not to book transport to Toronto as home ground. Or yet confirmed.
Wild Facebook rumours they are looking at playing some home games in Bradford.
Are you saying Toronto are looking at playing home games at Bradford?

Pommy

Coach
I think a lot of fans would lose respect for the Wolf pack if that rumour is correct.

I agree. My worry is there is something serious with the sponsor who was shelling out transport costs.

Although it could be a simple double booking of the stadium.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Lamport Stadium is being upgraded which may impact Toronto’s early games. Their first home game is April 28. Apparently an announcement is coming out about it later this month.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2017/11/01/toronto-wolfpack-2018-fixtures/

If they were feeling brave, they could play in BMO stadium...

9.jpg

Apparently it holds 25k, so similar size to Wollongong stadium.

It might be too soon for such a move and the result might be an empty stadium and a big loss of momentum. But its better than moving a home game to f*cking England.

At worst, take a game to Hamilton or another City near by...

Pommy

Coach

9.jpg

It might be too soon for such a move and the result might be an empty stadium and a big loss of momentum. But its better than moving a home game to f*cking England.

I’m not sure when challenge cup games are due to be held but perhaps they are trying to minimise any travel if they happen to be around this time.
You would think Perez would try and take them on the road in NA if it was just a case of needing a new home for a few weeks.

StadiumXIII

Juniors

9.jpg

The last sentence would be the best option.

IntRLEnthusiast

Juniors
anyone got any idea if the wolfpack will be on Aus TV next year? Surely the 24 hour League channel on Fox has both the room and the motivation to do a deal and get Wolfpack games on Aus TV!

Pommy

Coach
anyone got any idea if the wolfpack will be on Aus TV next year? Surely the 24 hour League channel on Fox has both the room and the motivation to do a deal and get Wolfpack games on Aus TV!

Well I think we all thought that for last season, better to have a show for Queenslanders just rehashing the same old shit instead.

VictoryFC

Bench

9.jpg

It's 25,000 in canadian football mode, 30,000 in soccer/rugby (which is where any RL would fall into as well obv)