What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toronto Wolfpack in League 1

deluded pom?

Coach
The scoreline doesn't do Keighley justice. They took the game to the Wolfpack and deservedly led at half time. It was only late on when Toronto put a few tries on the board to finally kill the game. Not many teams will come away from Cougar Park with two points this season.

undertaker

Coach
If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have known one thing about the 3rd tier (League 1) British rugby league comp having a Canadian team, let alone Canada co-hosting the 2025 RLWC. Nothing has been mentioned about it all on either the Fox NRL programs, Fox Sports News or the Ch9 RL programs. Quite unbelievable, considering Toronto Wolfpack are undefeated so far, and yet unless you are an absolute RL diehard like Steve Mascord (and even then, it's not a guarantee you'd stumble upon this information), no one knows anything about the Toronto Wolfpack.

Well done to them so far. If they continue to have success, hopefully this paves the way for more RL exposure in the Canadian media, greater RL development at the junior levels in Canada, and eventually more Canadian RL franchises.

Sjrugby

Juniors
I live in Oregon, what's the best way to watch the Wolf pack ? Anyone know if any of the current broadcast agreements they have also have a Roku app ?

jim_57

Staff member
I see now there is a lot of complaining that Toronto don't belong in this League and the scores are doing nobody any good. That and Toronto aren't paying for all meals for teams traveling to Toronto, just breakfasts.. and flights.. and accomodation.. and getting them on TV in Canada and UK..

Probably the same conplainers who say every team should start at the bottom.

Surely they'll give some fringe players a run against some of the weaker sides and especially at home. If they put their top side out at home against the likes of Hemel (I don't know if they play Hemel at home, it's just a general example) they'll put 120 on them.

adamkungl

Immortal
I see now there is a lot of complaining that Toronto don't belong in this League and the scores are doing nobody any good. That and Toronto aren't paying for all meals for teams traveling to Toronto, just breakfasts.. and flights.. and accomodation.. and getting them on TV in Canada and UK..

lol..oh dear

Pommy

Coach

RL fans the world over want things to change but complain when anything actually does complain, no difference here.

IntRLEnthusiast

Juniors
Hmmm could have seen this problem coming from mile away. Great for Rugby League but at the same time just a little bit awkward. I don't know how you do it but i feel that a side being put together in the way Toronto has been may have been better off to have started in the championship. The benefit of this is though that they are a little bit harlem globetrotter like for a year and that is probably helpful in getting the Canadians interested. I do hope they give the wider squad a run though both for development and for a bit more evenness. Surely in Canada they play all their Canadians, Americans and Jamaicans for the local fans to see.

adamkungl

Immortal
Here's a question regarding how their team was built..

The salary cap is peaked at 50% of their revenue or 1.8mil pounds, whichever is lower.
What revenue is used for a brand new team? Is it their budget for the year ahead?
What happens if they massively under-deliver on that?

deluded pom?

Coach
Here's a question regarding how their team was built..

The salary cap is peaked at 50% of their revenue or 1.8mil pounds, whichever is lower.
What revenue is used for a brand new team? Is it their budget for the year ahead?
What happens if they massively under-deliver on that?
I thought the SL SC of £1.85 million was opened up to any team regardless of which division they are in? 'spud may know more.

Doesn't answer the question.

Presumably the clubs have to be transparent with the rfl about their revenue for a start. Then it would have to be revenue for that year, not previous years, otherwise promoted clubs would be f**ked. So they can only really judge whether a club has met that requirement at the end of the season when revenue and player wages are compared. So any punishments would have to be enforced in following years. Which is usually the case with cap breaches anyway.

adamkungl

Immortal
I thought the SL SC of £1.85 million was opened up to any team regardless of which division they are in? 'spud may know more.

That's true, but I think there's also a condition that they can only spend up to 50% of their total revenue on player salaries (with a ceiling of 1.85mil).

Latest posts