What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toronto Wolfpack in League 1

Dakink

Bench
Anyone know what is going on? Facebook was full of BBC sport notifications that the two games v Hemel and all holds has been postponed?

At work so all the info I can supply atm

deluded pom?

Coach
I don't understand why it's listed as postponed but the argument is 7pm in Canada is midnight here and is also Sunday.

Pommy

Coach
Nothing on Torontos faceache page.

Has anyone ordered a jersey? I'm tempted what's shipping like to oz?

Pommy

Coach
Toronto 64 York city 22

Attendance of 5212 on Canada day is pretty good I would say. A lot of people will be busy with family etc this is a brand new venture with no history of attending on the national day.

deluded pom?

Coach
Toronto 64 York city 22

Attendance of 5212 on Canada day is pretty good I would say. A lot of people will be busy with family etc this is a brand new venture with no history of attending on the national day.
It was the same old story. York stuck with them and were even winning 12-10 after half an hour and then Toronto scored a couple of tries before and after the half time break to take the score to 48-12. Credit to York though for sticking to the task and scoring a couple more tries themselves in the second half. The kick off time of 7pm in Toronto certainly doesn't help the UK teams as it means their body clocks haven't adjusted and it's like playng a match that kicks off at midnight

adamkungl

Immortal
Worth noting that League One no longer has a promotion playoff for 1st v 2nd, 1st place will go straight up.
The RFL definitely don't want Toronto in this league next year lol

Pommy

Coach
Worth noting that League One no longer has a promotion playoff for 1st v 2nd, 1st place will go straight up.
The RFL definitely don't want Toronto in this league next year lol

It should be like that anyway. Pretty crap to change it in July but if your top of the league you should be promoted.

Tigers1986

Juniors
1st should always be promoted without some asinine 'playoff' to further cement their dominance. Would've seen Toulouse straight up last year and maybe could've seen Rochdale follow a different path.

Stallion

First Grade
From a popularity point of view the Toronto Wolfpack is on the verge of proving to be an attractive option for Australian footballers. Their is a sense of adventure and pioneering feel about what is going on in Canada. (long overdue I might add!) Let's just hope rugby union don't use its influence to undermine another promising rugby league development. Mind you the fact that RU has the "scholastic "system backing it is already an unfair advantage. This is mostly attributed to its affluence and the ability of private school influence to propagate rugby union. (which is something rugby league has never enjoyed!)

I note that the existence of rugby league is what could be termed "fragile" as this much more deserving code does not have establishment backing that is a matter of course for the code of rugby union basically everywhere.

8Ball

First Grade
From a popularity point of view the Toronto Wolfpack is on the verge of proving to be an attractive option for Australian footballers. Their is a sense of adventure and pioneering feel about what is going on in Canada. (long overdue I might add!) Let's just hope rugby union don't use its influence to undermine another promising rugby league development. Mind you the fact that RU has the "scholastic "system backing it is already an unfair advantage. This is mostly attributed to its affluence and the ability of private school influence to propagate rugby union. (which is something rugby league has never enjoyed!)

I note that the existence of rugby league is what could be termed "fragile" as this much more deserving code does not have establishment backing that is a matter of course for the code of rugby union basically everywhere.

Union has to be much more careful about its approach to league in Canada. The shit that code has pulled elsewhere just won't fly in Canada.

Stallion

First Grade
Hope so. Already we speak of an aggressive stance to repress rugby league and that has been the hallmark of rugby union toward its more attractive sibling for many decades. If only the general public were made aware of what rugby union has been doing that would be progress! I know in coffee table conversations people are amazed at what has been going on and see how it (repression of rl)logically can occur in the overall scheme of things everywhere. A couple of telltale articles are handy to refer to when showing the deceitful injustices rl has had to and is still enduring.

grouch

First Grade
Kalifa Faifai Loa joining the Wolfpack next year apparently

Faifai and Fui Fui in the same team!

Dakink

Bench
62-10 win over All Golds. Crowd of 7100. Looks like the Wolfpak are ticking the right boxes on and off the field atm.

Pommy

Coach
Great to see a true native playing for them.

TORONTO — Victoria teenager Quinn Ngawati became the first Canadian-born player to feature for the Wolfpack as Toronto thumped the Gloucestershire All Golds 62-10 Saturday to extend its rugby league win streak to 14 games.

Ngawati, who turned 18 in June, came off the bench in the 55th minute for Toronto (14-0-0) and the six-foot-four, 212-pound forward wasted little time getting involved in the fray on both offence and defence. He did not look out of place, flicking a nice one-handed pass to set up a try.

Ngawati (pronounced Now-r-tee) is also the first Canadian-born player to play pro rugby league according to Canada Rugby League, the governing body of the sport in Canada.