What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
CLUB AGREES NEW CONTRACTS WITH MAURICIO AND COACHING STAFF
Posted on 24 May 2018 - 15:58

We are delighted to announce that Mauricio Pochettino has signed a new five-year contract with the Club, which runs until 2023. First Team Coaching staff Jesús Pérez, Miguel D’Agostino and Toni Jimenez have also agreed new contracts with the Club.
mauricio730p.jpg

The former Argentina international defender recently passed 200 games as a Premier League manager and leads us into our new world-class stadium with another season of Champions League football.

Since joining us in May 2014, Mauricio guided us to fifth place in the Premier League in his first season before top three finishes in the seasons that followed. During that time we also enjoyed a memorable unbeaten last season at White Hart Lane and he oversaw the successful season 'away' at Wembley. In Europe too we have seen great progress under his stewardship, reaching the knockout stages of the Champions League last season after winning our group which included some of Europe's top sides.

Daniel Levy, Chairman, said: "I am delighted that we have agreed a new, extended contract with Mauricio. We have been on an extraordinary journey and the times ahead look even more exciting as the Club enters the next phase in its history. Mauricio has fostered an incredible spirit in the team and has embraced a style of play our fans have loved watching. I know they will welcome this commitment by Mauricio."

mauricio_daniel730x750.jpg

Mauricio said: "I am honoured to have signed a new long-term contract as we approach one of the most significant periods in the Club's history and be the manager that will lead this team into our new world-class stadium.

"This is just one of the factors that makes this one of the most exciting jobs in world football and we are already making plans to ensure we continue to build on the great work that everyone has contributed to over the past four years.

"Daniel and I have spoken at length about our aspirations for this football club. We both share the same philosophies to achieve long-term, sustainable success.

"This is a special club - we always strive to be creative in the way we work both on and off the pitch and will continue to stick to our principles in order to achieve the success this Club deserves."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...f-240518/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
apparently Deli, Eriksen and Kane has all just been upgraded, Eriksen and Harry on 200K a week

very unSpurs like

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Proper Brexit signing that one.

typical Levy while a club is struggling he goes in for the kill, Poch really rates this bloke and sees him as a squad player and one he can turn into a EPL quality AM as he is pretty young but some fans are not impressed and think we should raise the bar a bit

never seen much of Villa so I cant really comment, supposedly going to sign up very soon

cb4

First Grade
Grealish is ok. Nothing flash. A player like him shouldn't really be at Tottenham.
More of a Huddersfield type player.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
NEW DEAL FOR HARRY
Posted on 8 June 2018 - 14:25

We are delighted to announce that Harry Kane has signed a new six-year contract with the Club, which will run until 2024.
kane_730i.jpg

Since emerging from our academy, Harry has established himself as one of the leading strikers in European football, as he continues to set goalscoring records.

Most recently, he became the Club's leading scorer in the Premier League era, surpassing Teddy Sheringham's total of 97, while he has also joined the elite group of players to score 100 Premier League goals, doing so in just 141 games.

Harry finished the 2017 calendar year as the top goalscorer in European football with 56 goals for Club and country, as well as breaking Alan Shearer's record for the most Premier League goals scored in a calendar year, recording 39 in total.

Having been voted into the PFA Premier League Team of the Year for the last four seasons in a row, Harry is also a previous winner of the PFA Young Player of the Year in 2015 and is a two-time winner of the Premier League Golden Boot.

In total, he scored 41 goals in all competitions this past campaign - his best return for a season.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...y-080618/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, its not like Levy can expect a bargain in this climate, he's got his feet up in Florida or somewhere atm

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so, we just won the International Challenge cup against Barca, Juve and Milan, which was pretty much 4 reserve grade teams including ours

GKN certainly did his best to increase his value with 2 decent games

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Busy window for Levy. He knows the deadline has been changed right?

Levy was one of those who actually voted to have the TW changed. He still expected to pick up players for 15-20 million and lash out on a 30 million player.

He is copping so much backlash now with some of the offers he made to players that are now coming out in the postmortems, I dont think a lot of fans will forgive him for this.

hellteam

First Grade
I feel like English clubs will be regretting changing the window... it's such a disadvantage to not know who your outgoings will be before/when you're signing someone.

We have a good squad, as long as we don't lose Toby/Rose/Dembele this window I'm happy. This time last year we didn't have Moura and Lamela (was unknown whether he could come back). Winks should be back soon. No need to panic (stay away from the forums haha, they are panicking)

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I feel like English clubs will be regretting changing the window... it's such a disadvantage to not know who your outgoings will be before/when you're signing someone.

We have a good squad, as long as we don't lose Toby/Rose/Dembele this window I'm happy. This time last year we didn't have Moura and Lamela (was unknown whether he could come back). Winks should be back soon. No need to panic (stay away from the forums haha, they are panicking)
Your first 11 is quite good, the problem I see is city, LFC, Chelsea and Arsenal all strengthened or improved their squads. Even sides like wolves, Fulham and Everton threw money around to get ahead. I don’t think the premiere league is the kind of league you can just stand still.

Poch is a good manager and he’llnhave To be to keep you guys in the top 3 this season.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we still only have 1 striker at the club and if golden boot gets injured, especially long tern, our goose is cooked