What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totti

saint.nick

Coach
He's a legend. I remember sitting in the Stadio Olimpico once, and Roma were tied with Udinese at 1-1 on 88 minutes. No other but Totti scored the winning goal right in front of us.

Big Sam

First Grade
I'm really surprised no-one in Euro football has done the selfie celebration before (yes it's happened in the MLS).

I think he'll go around another year because they are no longer fully dependent on him to attack. They're playing well and intelligently guided by Garcia. Totti can feature if he's rotated well.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
At this stage given he is still performing well, I think he will play again next season.

I'm a Roma fan so I'm obviously biased, but Totti's longevity is virtually unmatched. Not only is he one of the best players in the last 20 years, but I can't think of many other players at all who have been so consistent over such a long period of time.

Shame he probably won't get the credit he deserves because he stayed at Roma and didn't win as many trophies as he could have if he moved to Madrid etc.

For someone who was always a #10 and only started playing as a striker late in his career, his goalscoring record is just phenomenal. And that isn't even the best aspect of his game.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Sublime would be the word I'd use to describe the Roman Emperor. Not a big fan of Italian football but always take notice of Roma because of Totti. There is some truly stunning YouTube packages out there of him as wel.

langpark

First Grade
Speaking of Italian legends and prolific goalscorers, Di Natale is still going strong at 38! Anyone think he can climb any higher on the ladder before retiring?

If he plays one more full season, he could well take 3rd place!

Attachments

• stg.jpg
    stg.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 9

langpark

First Grade
Goals for both Totti and Di Natale on the weekend. Di Natale has moved into 6th spot now, overtaking Baggio. Here's how the all-time scorers chart now looks:

Piola: 274
Totti: 242
Nordahl: 225
Meazza: 216
Altafini: 216
Di Natale: 207

Di Natale is a real chance to finish 4th or even 3rd, if he has a dream run.
Totti, I wonder if he'll prolong his career even more in pursuit of 1st place?