What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse decision: end of July

bowes

Juniors
It's been decied already they're not in for 2015. Basically if they come with TV money they can join at Championship level but fast tracking them to SL is incompatible with the new format as they'd just get relegated if they were rushed in

bowes

Juniors
Knowing what I do about the set up and teams in Championship 1 next year I'd say it's a done deal they're not in

bowes

Juniors
London, if they finish the season, are certainties for one of the relegation spots but as it stands Catalans best hope is another melt down leading to a big points deduction by Bradford or Wakefield, both of whom have had better starts. Hopefully Catalans improve though as it will be a real shame to lose them to SL. A few years ago I'd have said the same about London Broncos but they're beyond redemption now their last crowd was 1017 and it was estimated 400 of them were Wakefield away supporters. Losing all their games and moving a long way away from last season will more or less see that drop further as the novelty value for Barnet soccer fans dies off. It doesn't mean that rugby league in London will die off but the Broncos have become a toxic brand

langpark

First Grade
I hope London dissolve as soon as possible... You can't change name, logo, colours and venue that many times and expect your fan base to grow...

Who knows, maybe in a decade, Skolars will build themselves into a Super League club...

hutch

First Grade
Catalans being relegated is an absolute disaster for French rugby league. They simply should be exempt, I couldn't care less how much it upsets supporters of other clubs.

There should also be more of a partnership between French and English rugby leagues. Whether elite 1 and championship clubs have a joint play offs, or more French clubs join the challenge cup, more needs to be done!

georgesnmith

Juniors
Hold on, are we talking challenge cup or the championships re toulouse?

championship

Poms shouldve just had 10 english teams, 2 french teams in super league

both french teams immune from relegation.

lowest english team goes down

one up one down.

Les Catalans is the most succesful expansion rugby league in england has done since castleford

to allow them to be relegated is sheer stupidity.

they entered SL immune from relegation initially, so it should stay

georgesnmith

Juniors
bet French union are laughing at the possibility of Les Catalans being relegated after all the good work theyve done

great way to revivie the game in france.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Its only 4 games in so no panic stations yet. For me they have the strongest team out of potential relegation candidates so I expect them to come good as they get players back from injury and suspension whether the coach is the same or not who knows